::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2002, 02:40 PM   #1
Fatal070

alright guys lets see your thoughts

Hey guys my friend and I have been arguing over which swaps would be best I want to with a Type R motor for my 99 civic EX , is it possible to turbo this engine and how fast would qtr miles be he wants the GSR swap for his 98 EX auto , I want your opinions and thoughts thanks.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:20 PM   #2
oc civic

i personaly would NOT turbo an engine that is so agresively cammed... i think that a ctr motor would perform better with intensive N/A work.. i feel the same about a itr motor. but a gsr motor on the other hand is slightly less agresive and i have personaly seen respond well to turbo... but for 1/4 mile i don't like turbo since it is top end power as spooling times need to be accounted for... i feel that in 1/4 mile (with hondas at least since they are for the most part high end/high reving cars anyway) we should seek a power adder or tunign that will help generate significant low end as well as mid adn high end power (supercharger, or nitrous) since the power is instand adn over the WHOLE power band, and not building.. we must remember we need to view the ENTIRE power band and realize that a full gain of 80 hp over the WHOLE power band is BETTER than 100 hp gain JUST in high rpms... you also need to address tranny gearing... i personaly would like (for my car which is a 98 ex) a gsr motor with 100 shot... i have the nitrous already and i love the performance of it.. just waiting on a swap.. hopefully by spring
Old 12-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

for drag racing turbos are better, theres no question. lauch at 5,000 rpms, your at or near your peak tq and you just wail from there. superchargers work better for autoX and nitrous will aid 1/4 mile times. 1/4 mile is not about low end at all. we are tuning high rpm cars, not big blocks where low end power is awsome.

as foar as b18c5 vs b18c1... if you turbo a b18c5... you are throwing money away. it makes no sence to spend the exra money for a b18c5 thats tuned from the factor for NA power (higher compression and more valve overlap) if you are going to turbo it, where you want lower compression and less overlap. the b18c1 engine would be a much much better choice to turbo over a b18c5. if you want to BUILD a NA car, i'd still reccomend the b18c1 because you are going to need to replace alot of the internals anyways. if you want a motor and your not going to mess with it, only then would i see the b18c5 as a worthy investment.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #4
Fatal070

Thanks guys , i might go with the gsr hopefully by mid jan i should be getting it or early feb.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate

as foar as b18c5 vs b18c1... if you turbo a b18c5... you are throwing money away. it makes no sence to spend the exra money for a b18c5 thats tuned from the factor for NA power (higher compression and more valve overlap) if you are going to turbo it, where you want lower compression and less overlap. the b18c1 engine would be a much much better choice to turbo over a b18c5. if you want to BUILD a NA car, i'd still reccomend the b18c1 because you are going to need to replace alot of the internals anyways. if you want a motor and your not going to mess with it, only then would i see the b18c5 as a worthy investment.
Agreed! I also am going with a b18c and plan on using forced induction later on down the road. I was deciding between a h22a and a b18, and i ended up going with the b18 seeing how the car is my dailydriver.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:15 AM   #6
oc civic

Quote:
for drag racing turbos are better, theres no question. lauch at 5,000 rpms, your at or near your peak tq and you just wail from there. superchargers work better for autoX and nitrous will aid 1/4 mile times. 1/4 mile is not about low end at all. we are tuning high rpm cars, not big blocks where low end power is awsome.

[sarcasm] oh you are SO right its SO much better to make a hundred HP gain 500 rpms before redline, over a measly 80 HP all the way across the board....[/sarcasm]

why is everyone such a turbo fanatic.....
scenario 1: 2500 inot JUST a GOOD turbo setup
scenario 2: $500 bottle, $300 slicks, $1,200 on upgraded valvetrain

the nitrous car will RAPE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN the turboed car.. in the 1/4 mile..
Old 12-20-2002, 12:18 AM   #7
oc civic

Quote:

by the way what kinda tires you running that you can launch at 5,000 rpms.. i have a measly d16 and i catch spinning anything above 4500 OFF the bottle... so i would IMAGINE if you dump the clutch on an h22 on street tires at 5,000 rpms youd SMOKE the tires..
Old 12-20-2002, 12:47 AM   #8
iRACEmyCTR

NAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Old 12-20-2002, 10:55 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
by the way what kinda tires you running that you can launch at 5,000 rpms.. i have a measly d16 and i catch spinning anything above 4500 OFF the bottle... so i would IMAGINE if you dump the clutch on an h22 on street tires at 5,000 rpms youd SMOKE the tires..

feathering the clutch... i can launch at 5500 on shitty street tires and get halfass traction with alot more tq than you and a car that has probobly the worst wheel hop out of any honda ever made. a friend of mine has drag radials and launches at about 6k and gets awsome off the line times. and you should know you CANNOT launch spraying. bye bye clutch and no one gets traction when you spike it with extra hp. i want you to find a n/a b18 thats pushing more than 300hp. then see how many you find that are turboed pushing more tha 500hp. then look at the cost they put into each engine. a 300hp b18c1 will cost alot less than a 300hp n/a if thats even an obtainable goal.

Old 12-20-2002, 11:22 AM   #10
oc civic

Quote:
feathering the clutch... i can launch at 5500 on shitty street tires and get halfass traction with alot more tq than you and a car that has probobly the worst wheel hop out of any honda ever made. a friend of mine has drag radials and launches at about 6k and gets awsome off the line times. and you should know you CANNOT launch spraying. bye bye clutch and no one gets traction when you spike it with extra hp. i want you to find a n/a b18 thats pushing more than 300hp. then see how many you find that are turboed pushing more tha 500hp. then look at the cost they put into each engine. a 300hp b18c1 will cost alot less than a 300hp n/a if thats even an obtainable goal.

and 300 hp with juice is even cheaper... adn i DO launch spraying ALWAYS.. adn i have run radials before, and get EXCELLENT traction on radials... but on street tires i get blah traction.. thats ANOTHER reason nitrous is superior.. i dont but you COULD launch normal then the MOMENT you hook spray..

im amazed at your vast knowledge of nitrous.. i didn't know you had it in your car?? ive been launching on the bottle for a year and my clutch is PERFECT.. NO abnormal wear or problems... adn its ONLY an act SS clutch..
Old 12-20-2002, 11:49 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ok... ive had nbitrous, and dont try to test my knowladge, i know alot more than i type. i dont explane everything out because i didnt think you knew what you were talking about. i see you are shining a bit more light into your argument. you didnt mention that you spray once you hook up, and you didnt mention you have an aftermarket clutch. that makes a HUGE difference. as far as launching high. you will get better ET's. you can get a 2.3(example) 60-ft launching at 3500rpms or a 2.3 launching at 5500rpms the difference will be that you are moving faster and higher in your rpm band because you feathered the launch a tiny bit more than jsut dropping the clutch out of the whole and getting the hole shot. my friend went from 14.6 to 14.01 with jsut practicing his launches. and you cannot tell me that doing nitrous launches dosnt hurt a STOCK clutch. if you own a clutch designed to hold the power you are putting to it, then duh.. its gonna hold. i have the same setup as you. and for getting 300hp to the wheels of a b18c1 with no turbo and only nitrous work... thats not going to last long. thats a large shot, your going to fry piston rings, melt the cat, damage o2 sensors, run real real lean. i know nitrous is a good power upgrade for a i/h/e combo, i had a decent setup... bottle warmer, 75 shot, vafc, fpr, air/fuel gauge. turbo's have shown their power on the drag strip. it CAN be done with an all motor build and n2o, and if you can not be spray happy, n2o is a great power adder, but if you want to build a fast car, you get a 7-8psi fast spooling turbo, total seal rings, 9.5:1 compression pistons and a tuned vafc and you should be fine for reliablilty

Old 12-20-2002, 12:15 PM   #12
oc civic

Quote:
[b]and for getting 300hp to the wheels of a b18c1 with no turbo and only nitrous work... <-----to get 300 hp to the wheels with JUST a bolt on turbo is also NOT GONNA happen.. you will need fuel management amung other things i know nothing about since i don't run turbo.. things that will probably cost more than a build and nitrous..

thats not going to last long. thats a large shot, your going to fry piston rings, melt the cat, damage o2 sensors, run real real lean. <-- it will ONLY run lean if the fuel system is inadiquate... you can EASILY build a totaly streetable 11/12sec juiced honda... fuel is an issue with ANY forced induction... you have to remember in turbo or Supercharger applications you HAVE to rely on fuel injectors to add more fuel.. NOT so on nitrous.. since most high HP kits are direct port or plate, adn they add fuel DIRECTLY the only stock fuel parts they rely on are the lines filter and pump... so you can get MORE fueling through nitrous without buying injectors liek turbo.. in almost EVERY GOOD honda turbo setup ive seen.. aftermarket or other oem injectors are used since the stack ones are inadiquate... put a price tage on your 300 hp turo motor.. including fueling, intercooler, motor internals etc. and see what number you come up with... i bet you could do that on the bottle with a FULL engine build and NEVER worry about breaking it on STOCK injectors..

turbo's have shown their power on the drag strip.<-- i agree FULLY just costs too much to do it right

it CAN be done with an all motor build and n2o, and if you can not be spray happy, n2o is a great power adder, but if you want to build a fast car, you get a 7-8psi fast spooling turbo, total seal rings, 9.5:1 compression pistons and a tuned vafc and you should be fine for reliablilty <-- you will need WAY more tunign than this for 300 hp at the wheels.. i honestly don't feel the stock injectors can support that kinda demand... and rings and pistons?? now you are talkign again about building the motor... you gotta compare apples to apples... start with the same block... give each = funds... with proper tunign on both the sprayed car will be able to support more HP or support = HP cheaper[b]

you had nitrous so you of all people should know... the ONLY enemy of nitrous is poor tuning
Old 12-20-2002, 12:22 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
you had nitrous so you of all people should know... the ONLY enemy of nitrous is poor tuning

poor tuning, and longevity. it isnt a good idea for long term power.

i forgot about the 300whp on a b18c1.. h22's get about 290whp with the fmax bolton kit with the stock 9psi spring with exaust, full kit, and ignition. my bad. with direct port your starting to look into higher $ kits.... see.. we talk this through.. and we actualy are on similar playing fields.

Old 12-20-2002, 01:00 PM   #14
nonovurbizniz

Ya nitros is the shit...until the bottle's empty.

And your saying that nitros is better than turbo because you can launch and then hit the juice... well that's kindof what a turbo does anyway.

Juice is great and all but certainly not better than a turbo...

Spool up time is only an issue in first gear and only if you don't launch above 2-3k. Plus the power on a turbo doesn't have to be progessive... if your running 12 psi max your spooled to that at like 3500-4000 rpm so your "hundred hp 500 rpm before redline" is WAY off. first off your talking about 100 hp easy at 4k if you spool over 12 then your talking about 100hp at 4k and anywhere from 120-300 hp by about 6k max.

Buy a bottle and you gotta get it filled everytime you want to use it. You don't have any of that power off the track (unless your a rich moron and run nitros on the street.)

As far as launch traction there are WAY more options to control turbo power then there are for nos.
Say you do hit the button as soon as you hook up.. well what if you loose traction as soon as you hit it. nitros is on or off... a turbo adds it's power WAY more smoothly than nitros.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:32 PM   #15
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz

And your saying that nitros is better than turbo because you can launch and then hit the juice... well that's kindof what a turbo does anyway.<-- no i say its better because its cheaper

Spool up time is only an issue in first gear and only if you don't launch above 2-3k. Plus the power on a turbo doesn't have to be progessive... if your running 12 psi max your spooled to that at like 3500-4000 rpm so your "hundred hp 500 rpm before redline" is WAY off. first off your talking about 100 hp easy at 4k if you spool over 12 then your talking about 100hp at 4k and anywhere from 120-300 hp by about 6k max.<-- show me a kit that adds 300 hp at 6k rpmsadn there are SO many othe rfactors you have NOT accounted for... tranny gearing beign the biggest spool up time is ALWAYS an issue, it CAN be controled through turbo size and tranny gearing, also cam profile, and cam adjustability

Buy a bottle and you gotta get it filled everytime you want to use it. You don't have any of that power off the track (unless your a rich moron and run nitros on the street.)<-- you obviously do not have nitrous or you would not make such a silly statement....

As far as launch traction there are WAY more options to control turbo power then there are for nos. <--- WRONG.. there are just as many or more for nitrous.. there are timed, geared adn progresive nitrous controllers as well as dual stage systems.

Say you do hit the button as soon as you hook up.. well what if you loose traction as soon as you hit it.<--- i launch with juice..ALWAYS.. and its fine MINIMAL traction issues with radials.. NO traction issues with slicks

nitros is on or off... a turbo adds it's power WAY more smoothly than nitros.<-- i daily drive my car and prefer nitrous for that EXACT reason.. i have NO interest in driving around putting unnecisary wear on my motor due to daily commute, i can simply turn my power adder off till i need it... turbos and S/C are always on.. ALWAYS wearign away at the motor.. this is not appealing to me since my car is a daily driver
Old 12-20-2002, 02:54 PM   #16
nonovurbizniz

WOW... I don't even know how to reply to that.

A. No it's not cheaper.. You tell me what your nitros cost you after a year of going to the track. then tell me it's cheaper. a turbo cost your once... nitros has to be filled.
B.I never said to buy a turbo "kit". If you buy a kit your a Type-Rtard. You can easily get 300 hp at 6k on a dohc engine as long as it's built to take it. That's also why I put a RANGE 120->300.
Tranny gearing WTF are you talking about. no honda or any car has gears long enough to put you under your "spooled" rpm after 1st gear. Beyong that... NO tranny gearing is about the smallest impact on spool time.. spool time is governed by how much volume of air is being pushed through the turbo and how much it's capable of flowing. the tighter the restriction in the exhaust turbine the faster it spools. also bearings have a lot to do with spool time as well as impeller construction.
C. What so silly about it and no I don't have nitros cuz I'm not gunna waste 4-5hundred bucks on a part that only gives me track power. and you'd have to be a dumbass to use nitros on the street because if you get pulled over your in for some SERIOUS FINES.
D. Ok so there are controllers great your car will still get raped if it goes up against a turbo on the street.
F. REALLY you don't have traction issues with slicks. No that's suprising... do you run slicks on the street? cause I could care less if your car is fast at the track only.
G. If you think that slamming hp on and off isn't worse for the engine than predictable constant conditions then your shot.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:21 PM   #17
oc civic

Quote:
G. If you think that slamming hp on and off isn't worse for the engine than predictable constant conditions then your shot.

you make very good arguments till here.. this point just makes you look like a complete idiot... the motor is not a person or item that has teh ability to learn harsh conditions... it does not think turbo nitrous or ANY serious power adder is good.. its an economy car... NOTHING more.... nitrous IS cheaper.. i DO run slicks on the street.. i DO spray on the street.. the comment you make abotu racing with nitrous on the street.. dude THINK about what you are saying... if you race at all on the street you can get in trouble.. FORGET about the modification tickets.. you think if a cop catches you street racing he will go.. oh man its ok you have a turbo.. thats cool.... and in MOST states there are laws that state that ANY modification to the car that alters intended performance is a violation... if you dont believe me you can check with sema on that since i already battled NJ court about nitrous in my car and WON.. i have a state issued permit for nitrous oxide... get your facts straight before you spew off incorrect info.. i can LEGALY have nitrosu in my car.. if you wish i will scan the permit for you.. in fact nah.. i will DEFINATELY scan the permit cause im SURE you don't believe it.... once you factor in EVERYTHING nitrous IS cheaper..... always will be... show me math... show me what kit you would use... how much it costs.. im all ears.. i want you to show us how turbo is cheaper...

i really want to see your 300 hp at teh wheels dyno sheet and cost break down
Old 12-20-2002, 06:25 PM   #18
iRACEmyCTR

Quote:

And your saying that nitros is better than turbo because you can launch and then hit the juice... well that's kindof what a turbo does anyway.

Spool up time is only an issue in first gear and only if you don't launch above 2-3k. Plus the power on a turbo doesn't have to be progessive... if your running 12 psi max your spooled to that at like 3500-4000 rpm so your "hundred hp 500 rpm before redline" is WAY off. first off your talking about 100 hp easy at 4k if you spool over 12 then your talking about 100hp at 4k and anywhere from 120-300 hp by about 6k max.

Buy a bottle and you gotta get it filled everytime you want to use it. You don't have any of that power off the track (unless your a rich moron and run nitros on the street.)

As far as launch traction there are WAY more options to control turbo power then there are for nos.
Say you do hit the button as soon as you hook up.. well what if you loose traction as soon as you hit it. nitros is on or off... a turbo adds it's power WAY more smoothly than nitros.

Where do these kids come from??? And why hasn't anyone one helped them??
Old 12-21-2002, 11:45 AM   #19
nonovurbizniz

for a pair of 17 year old dorks from nj who CONSTANTLY get proven wrong you sure have a tendency to declare a win regardless of the facts.

just to let you know You guys are idiots and wrong in every post you make.

Turbo is better for drag you 2 little girls won't understand that but that's ok.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:13 PM   #20
oc civic

Quote:
for a pair of 17 year old dorks from nj who CONSTANTLY get proven wrong you sure have a tendency to declare a win regardless of the facts.

Turbo is better for drag you 2 little girls won't understand that but that's ok.

im 25 not some little kid.... we wouldn't know??? put your car up against mine.. lets drag race.. come down and show me how its done pussy... or you could run the typer if you want.. show us how our car tuning skills suck... we have turbo cars that will rape you N/A cars that will rape you adn YES EVEN juiced cars that will rape you... the differance between you and me is simple.. i speek from expieriance.. you speek from what you read in super street... learn your role noob..
Old 12-21-2002, 02:14 PM   #21
oc civic

Quote:
i really want to see your 300 hp at teh wheels dyno sheet and cost break down

im still waiting on this..
Old 12-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #22
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

me?.. sure...

Old 12-21-2002, 02:23 PM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oh, thats on the obdII-ecu prelude, a obd-i equiped car would see better gains.

Old 12-21-2002, 03:15 PM   #24
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
why is everyone such a turbo fanatic.....
scenario 1: 2500 inot JUST a GOOD turbo setup
scenario 2: $500 bottle, $300 slicks, $1,200 on upgraded valvetrain

the nitrous car will RAPE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN the turboed car.. in the 1/4 mile..

Well i don't care about 1/4 mile times. maybe my car will never see a dragstrip even after the engine swap and turboing it. I like turns better, more fun for me that way. Also i've heard that you can't really shot n2o in an engine for more than 15 seconds so n2o just does not cut it for me.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:20 PM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

that is another good point, n2o only works at 100% throttle, and in turns huge no no for n2o

Old 12-21-2002, 03:39 PM   #26
oc civic

NONE of those dyno runs indicate 300 whp... and they do NOT include a price break down..

i TOTALY AGREE with NO ARGUMENT that if straight line performance is NOT the goal then nitrous is a TOTAL waste of time... i think that went without saying.. in autox i would DEFINATELY take turbo or really aggresive all motor setup..
Old 12-22-2002, 03:04 PM   #27
nonovurbizniz

It's cute how when someone points out a flaw in your ARGUMENT not your car how you constantly revert to "come on down and I'll race you."

Well I don't think my sohc 1.6 with exhaust and intake is gunna have much of a chance against a car with nitros... or a dohc 1.6 so... Thats kinda apples and oranges if your understand me.

All I was doing was correcting your incorrect statement that spool time and transmission gearing where big probelms associated with turbo drag cars... YOUR WRONG.

there's really not much more to say...

besides having n20 on or in your car is different from a cop pulling you over after a race and finding the bottle open...(and yes it is an additional fine on top of the street racing fine you'd get if no nitros)

Oh ya and the last time you said come on down to jersey I PM'd you for directions and didn't get a response....so....
Old 12-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #28
iRACEmyCTR

Quote:

i'm a dork hahahaha
Old 12-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #29
oc civic

Quote:
It's cute how when someone points out a flaw in your ARGUMENT not your car how you constantly revert to "come on down and I'll race you."

Well I don't think my sohc 1.6 with exhaust and intake is gunna have much of a chance against a car with nitros... or a dohc 1.6 so... Thats kinda apples and oranges if your understand me.

All I was doing was correcting your incorrect statement that spool time and transmission gearing where big probelms associated with turbo drag cars... YOUR WRONG.

there's really not much more to say...

besides having n20 on or in your car is different from a cop pulling you over after a race and finding the bottle open...(and yes it is an additional fine on top of the street racing fine you'd get if no nitros)

Oh ya and the last time you said come on down to jersey I PM'd you for directions and didn't get a response....so....

ocean city NJ 08226 name the time...

but it really doesn't matter since you have NOTHING for any of our cars.. i forgot about the permitt i have i will post it tonight....
Old 12-22-2002, 09:13 PM   #30
Almighty-Si

Well I will say that this post has turned into a mess but I will add my thoughts in anyways.

Nitrous i'm sorry to say is boring and in my eyes not a real performance mod. Yes it's cheap (a basic system anyway), yes it makes nice gains but when the bottle is empty guess what? parites over, and you are right back to driving the same old Civic with I/H/E set-up like everyone else got, atleast till you can go get the bottle filled again. Filling the bottle is quiet expensive, maybe not the first time or the second but $40 bucks everytime you empty the bottle adds up especially if you use it alot. So in actuallity the people here who say it will cost you more, are correct.

Turbo kits do cost more to get going but you can build a relatively cheap turbo kit with junkyard parts. Though it will not make 300whp, it can make a significant increase in power and with a little more work and some good fuel management 300whp is not impossible. A friend and I installed a kit that we put together on his car and the total cost was $950 and at 8psi from a mitsubishi 14B turbocharger (99 Civic D16Y8) the car put out just a touch over 200whp, not too bad for the money invested I think.

I knock nitrous systems, cause I had one. In my 89 Accord Coupe (I really miss that car) I had a very expensive progressive nitrous system. The thing cost me just over $1,500 when it was all said and done with and filling 2 bottles ($80 bucks a shot) every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks got really expensive. I kind of felt like an ass sometimes too cause there were times I had to decline races cause my bottles were empty. This is the reason in my eyes nitrous is not a real performance mod, performance mods when you put on the car make power always. I/H/E, cams, high compression pistons, superchargers, turbos, pulleys....whatever...they all make power and the power stays as long as they are on the car or in some cases until they break (hey nothing lasts forever).

At the moment I am working on a turbo kit for my 99 Si and I can tell you that I never even thought about nitrous for this car, it's just not fun and not cost effective for me. I want power and I want to make it all the time not just when I get on a button. I don't know who said what about making low end power, but if you think it is important you need to re-think that just a little. What does a high reving Honda motor care about low end torque? The only time the motor see's the low end is coming off the line. If you build a turbo kit with the right sized turbo you should be making boost coming off the line anyway so you will have some help coming out of the hole.

Hmmm, I guess that's all I have to say about this at the moment.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:38 PM   #31
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by Almighty-Si
I knock nitrous systems, cause I had one. In my 89 Accord Coupe (I really miss that car) I had a very expensive progressive nitrous system. The thing cost me just over $1,500 when it was all said and done with and filling 2 bottles ($80 bucks a shot) every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks got really expensive.

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PROGRESIVE NITROUS SYSTEM DID YOU HAVE ON AN 89 ACCORD!?!?!?!?!?!

and i get my bottles filled for just about free... thats NOT the norm and i understand that but even people who he charges are at the most 20 bucks a fill
Old 12-23-2002, 01:53 AM   #32
Almighty-Si

Quote:
WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PROGRESIVE NITROUS SYSTEM DID YOU HAVE ON AN 89 ACCORD!?!?!?!?!?!

and i get my bottles filled for just about free... thats NOT the norm and i understand that but even people who he charges are at the most 20 bucks a fill

Nitrous must be cheap where you live cause the only place that I know of here in NY that fills bottles charges $40 a fill.

I had a programable time based progressive set-up. It controlled the nitrous to let out certain amounts and a specific time/rpm which varied from a 35-250 shot. It was a pretty sweet system.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:09 AM   #33
oc civic

Quote:

I had a programable time based progressive set-up. It controlled the nitrous to let out certain amounts and a specific time/rpm which varied from a 35-250 shot. It was a pretty sweet system.

not trying to piss you off but i fail to see the logic in having ANYTHING NEAR that ADVANCED for anything other than a full race system.. what kind of nitrous injection was it.. im curious about this system.. and how were you setting the times.. i thought about running a time based system but was unsure how you would dial it in.. what method did you use to determine time intervals, and how much nitrous did that motor take?
Old 12-23-2002, 12:15 PM   #34
Almighty-Si

Quote:
not trying to piss you off but i fail to see the logic in having ANYTHING NEAR that ADVANCED for anything other than a full race system..

I'm not trying to piss you off or anything but I fail to see the logic in explaining this set-up if you fail to see the logic for anything other than a full race system. It would be a waste of time for me to type it and a waste of time for you to read it, wouldn't it?
Old 12-23-2002, 01:37 PM   #35
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
i'm a dork hahahaha

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
NAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Old 12-23-2002, 02:14 PM   #36
nonovurbizniz

No but seriously....

If you think that hitting you motor with a burst of hp that's not usually there isn't bad then.... I don't know what to tell you..

Ya sure as long as it's within the capabilities of the engine it will do it. however it is MUCH harder on an engine then progressivly increasing power.

The whole point of vtec cross over points is to pick the point at which the two power curves intersect.. this is so that there is minimal stress on the engine and so there is a smooth transition.

I'm not saying that nitros is all bad I'm merely saying that it's IS easier for your engine to get progressively more powerful like is the case with N/A S/C and Turbo.. Nitros however is a BURST of power that is either there or not... sure you can add it proggressively but as far as I've seen/heard the initial addition of nitros makes a minimum of 50 hp. this is not the biggest kick in the nuts your engine could get but it's a kick none the less.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:52 PM   #37
oc civic

Quote:
I'm not trying to piss you off or anything but I fail to see the logic in explaining this set-up if you fail to see the logic for anything other than a full race system. It would be a waste of time for me to type it and a waste of time for you to read it, wouldn't it?

im saying why did you have such a high end system n such a low end car.. thats my question.. and quite frankly.. i think you are full of shit.. if you really put all that on an 89 accord your a dipshit.. if you lied about it your a moron.. either way you lose..
Old 12-23-2002, 06:19 PM   #38
iRACEmyCTR

Quote:

your mom.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:59 PM   #39
Almighty-Si

Quote:
im saying why did you have such a high end system n such a low end car.. thats my question.. and quite frankly.. i think you are full of shit.. if you really put all that on an 89 accord your a dipshit.. if you lied about it your a moron.. either way you lose..

I had such a high end system in such a low end car, cause at the time I was working the car, it wasn't such a low end car and there weren't many things that you can have done to it. I had your basic Intake (which I had to have made cause no one made it), header and exhaust. After all that it still wasn't what I was looking for so I had the head sent to JG for a port and polish, 3 angle valve job, cam and adjustable cam gear. While that was out getting done I had the intake manifold sent to extrude hone to get smoothed out and I had Arias pistons installed and the rods shot peened (no one made rods for the car at the time) in hopes of having the car turbocharged in the future. After this was all was said and done it was a nice improvement over stock but it still wasn't enough for me so I went looking for turbo like I knew I was going too. Well again, at the time no one made a turbo kit for my car and I couldn't find someone willing to do the work building me a custom one so I was left stuck. My friend who owned a performance shop at the time talked me into getting the nitrous system installed, and so I went with it. So at the time that was my best option.

I'm sorry that 7 years ago when I had this done, I couldn't have such a high end car like your Civic (if you can call a Civic a highend car). So why did I put all that into an 89 Accord? That's what I was driving and I was working with what I had. Could I have traded the car in for a 1995 Civic (that was what was out at the time I had this all done). Yes but, then I would have not been able to work on the car as much cause I wasn't making alot of money at the time so making payments on the car, plus insurance, plus rent, plus food, plus electric, plus phone, plus pocket money, it wouldn't have left me much money to play with. I bought the 89 Accord in 93 for $8,500 cash and since I bought it in cash I had money to play with.

As for you thinking i'm full of shit that's fine with me. I know what I have done and I know what I can do so, what you think means nothing to me. As for lying, again there is nothing for me to lie about, if I did it, I did it and if I didn't I would say so. What does lying about something like this accomplish for me? Nothing, so why lie about it? As for being a dipshit for installing these parts into an 89 Accord, if installing parts on a car to make it fast is being a dipshit, then you're right i'm a dipshit but guess what? You, your boys you brag about, everyone else here and on every other message board on the internet is a dipshit too. As for you and this thread, I am done with it. You have already taken more than enough of my time than you deserve.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:24 PM   #40
oc civic

Quote:
I had such a high end system in such a low end car, cause at the time I was working the car, it wasn't such a low end car and there weren't many things that you can have done to it. I had your basic Intake (which I had to have made cause no one made it), header and exhaust. After all that it still wasn't what I was looking for so I had the head sent to JG for a port and polish, 3 angle valve job, cam and adjustable cam gear. While that was out getting done I had the intake manifold sent to extrude hone to get smoothed out and I had Arias pistons installed and the rods shot peened (no one made rods for the car at the time) in hopes of having the car turbocharged in the future. After this was all was said and done it was a nice improvement over stock but it still wasn't enough for me so I went looking for turbo like I knew I was going too. Well again, at the time no one made a turbo kit for my car and I couldn't find someone willing to do the work building me a custom one so I was left stuck. My friend who owned a performance shop at the time talked me into getting the nitrous system installed, and so I went with it. So at the time that was my best option.

I'm sorry that 7 years ago when I had this done, I couldn't have such a high end car like your Civic (if you can call a Civic a highend car). So why did I put all that into an 89 Accord? That's what I was driving and I was working with what I had. Could I have traded the car in for a 1995 Civic (that was what was out at the time I had this all done). Yes but, then I would have not been able to work on the car as much cause I wasn't making alot of money at the time so making payments on the car, plus insurance, plus rent, plus food, plus electric, plus phone, plus pocket money, it wouldn't have left me much money to play with. I bought the 89 Accord in 93 for $8,500 cash and since I bought it in cash I had money to play with.

As for you thinking i'm full of shit that's fine with me. I know what I have done and I know what I can do so, what you think means nothing to me. As for lying, again there is nothing for me to lie about, if I did it, I did it and if I didn't I would say so. What does lying about something like this accomplish for me? Nothing, so why lie about it? As for being a dipshit for installing these parts into an 89 Accord, if installing parts on a car to make it fast is being a dipshit, then you're right i'm a dipshit but guess what? You, your boys you brag about, everyone else here and on every other message board on the internet is a dipshit too. As for you and this thread, I am done with it. You have already taken more than enough of my time than you deserve.

i completely misjudged you.. i think.. lol

thats as close to "im sorry i was wrong" as your gonna get.. so take it for what its worth...

and im still curious.. NOT to prove you wrong.. but out of GENUINE curiousity.. what kind of kit was it???