Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2003, 09:14 AM   #1
johnriley
2nd Gear

Nissan240sx VS 93accordex

So I was just taking a Sunday drive yesterday when a red nissan240sx came rumblilng up behind me all riced out with his fog lights on in the middle of a sunny day. We were in some traffic so we jumped on the downtown freeway, he was in front of me going down the on ramp and when we both hit open highway he was about 2 or 3 cars on me til I reached about 70 and we were right next to each other then I looked over at him and waved see ya later and hit 4th gear and took off and I was 2 or 3 cars on him and then he started to gain on me when I shifted into 5th gear at about 100 and he was on my ass again about 1/2 car behind when I downshifted into 4th gear for a few seconds and then back up into 5th and then I ended up leaving him behind about 4 or 5 cars and I stopped at 120 and then he pulled up next to me and waved and gave me the thumbs up. He was alright for a Ricer!

Nissan240sx mods-Intake, exhaust, Large spoiler and lots of stickers!

My mods-Intake,Header.exhaust
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sounds like a nice kill for the old f22a6

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:47 AM   #3
firstgeardude

sweet race... its the stickers that kept the 240 competitive
Old 01-13-2003, 12:00 PM   #4
ShEaNy

lol..nice kill
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
silver

what year was it?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #6
a96710

Nice kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 01:17 AM   #7
Shot 2 Hel

not bad, not bad at all
Old 01-22-2003, 09:27 AM   #8
Honda_Killa

what year was the 240?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:30 AM   #9
Hoss

nice kill
Old 01-22-2003, 11:10 AM   #10
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Killa
what year was the 240?

i guess he'll never say :(
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 01-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im guessing 90 or older... the 91+ got the twin cam ka's that will keep up with civic si's and gsr's

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
silver

I like how he said that he waved to him while doing 70, that takes mad skills.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:21 PM   #13
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
I like how he said that he waved to him while doing 70, that takes mad skills.

its not that hard i did it to the bmw i past @ 135mph.. much more of a quick unsteady wave thouhg

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
i guess he'll never say :(

he drops by once in a while.

Old 01-31-2003, 05:45 PM   #15
johnriley
2nd Gear

The 240 sx i raced was a 90-95 i'm not sure because i'm not too familiar with nissan's, but the car was in mint condition and looked fairly new. The car was pretty fast but I think it may have been an auto because he would start to gain on me (because of dual cams) and I would downshift and get into higher rpm's and when I would downshift he couldn't keep up with me. Also the guy probably doesn't have headers! Since I have put my headers on my car hardly any of the imports here can keep up with me except for the few that have turbos and nitrous. I have never lost to an accord or civic it seems like i'm the only one here in KC who has I/H/E done right on a honda! Everybody here thinks they are cool if they have a body kit and exhaust and I kick their ass everytime! Oh and by the way I do have mad skills! I guess it is all those quarters I pumped into those simulation car video games when I was a teenager!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #16
Honda_Killa

so youre saying your car is so fast because you have an aftermarket exhaust header?
Old 02-12-2003, 01:48 AM   #17
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

well goddamn i should get a header and blow the competition outta the water.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:50 AM   #18
hybrid92hatch

Well since WE are close to KC...123 miles.... I'd like to see the "Done right" Set up you have that no one can beat....Or better yet come to Emporia and we can show you several Hondas to give you a run fo yo $$$ Or you can look at the pic below and be smart and juss say NO.... lol... Notice this is a 95 240....But its not Auto...And downshifting to fourth will not help you! lol

Old 02-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #19
johnriley
2nd Gear

hybrid92hatch you are welcome in KC anytime you wanna come get your ass whooped!My car is currently in the works for a h22 swap which will be completed by May.But I'll smoke your ass with f22 doesn't matter i'm about to get a zex kit so I can blow up my engine before the h22 swap, what mods you got? Honda_Killa just a header will not make an accord fast but if you already have an intake and exhaust and then you put on header you will notice a pretty big difference in power, once you have the complete I/H/E and your car will be able to breathe alot better!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:02 PM   #20
hybrid92hatch

Quote:
Originally posted by johnriley
hybrid92hatch you are welcome in KC anytime you wanna come get your ass whooped!My car is currently in the works for a h22 swap which will be completed by May.But I'll smoke your ass with f22 doesn't matter i'm about to get a zex kit so I can blow up my engine before the h22 swap, what mods you got?

FYI....you will need ALOT more than a just a H22 to give me a run for my...errr hmmmm.....YOUR money!!!

And you will NEVER beat this 240 with that f22...even with a Zex kit....but....if you want to run em....I will be more than happy to take your money....
Old 02-16-2003, 03:41 AM   #21
ford50forlife
4th Gear

just like the HEADS AND CAM aint nothing comment on the other thread in this forum... your car is a joke....please dont act like your special.... you make yourself stupid....... you have nothing but a ghetto dream... nothing more nothing less... and u lose to a stock ls1 with cam....10.9 by mike hoffbuar (sp?) please just stop before you look even stupidier (if thats possible)

Old 02-16-2003, 05:52 AM   #22
hybrid92hatch

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
just like the HEADS AND CAM aint nothing comment on the other thread in this forum... your car is a joke....please dont act like your special.... you make yourself stupid....... you have nothing but a ghetto dream... nothing more nothing less... and u lose to a stock ls1 with cam....10.9 by mike hoffbuar (sp?) please just stop before you look even stupidier (if thats possible)

Right now I really do not understand wtf the first line of your post is supposed to mean...if you could translate that to english, I might be able to respond to that part...

And, this car ain't a joke...and no, I am not going to spill what has been done to it just because you call me out...I will just say that this is a never ending project...just as most peoples cars on here...but I will run anybody that wants to run (track prefered)...I am not afraid to loose...happens to the best of em...and I don't claim to be the best, so I do loose on the occasion...

Quote:
Question 1-9: How fast does a stock LS1 run in the quarter mile?

Answer: It all depends on the weather and the condition of your local track, however it's safe to say that any combination of LS1 will run better than 13.9. Some have run as quick as 13.0 to 13.1 without any mods, and GMHTP got a totally stock Z28 to run a 12.89 (in New Jersey in the winter though). Most owners will find that they run in the 13.5 to 13.7 range quite easily with a broken in car. It has been found that a fully broken in car will run a few tenths quicker than a fresh one right off the lot.

Info from: http://www.ls1.com.

You might want to try and check your facts before calling someone out like that...you only make yourself look like an a$$...cams will not drop 2 seconds...EVER... That LS1 is not STOCK with only cams if it runs a 10.9.... Even if he got one of the hotter motors due to luck from the factory....show me a slip and show me the car...until then you are only making yourself look stupid... (no offense to this Mike Hoffbuar <sp?> if this is in fact true, as I do not know him...).

And as far as me only having a "ghetto dream"....

Quote:
ENGLISHTOWN, NEW JERSEY NOVEMBER 3rd 2002 HIGHLIGHTS

9. ME LOSING THE FIRST ****ING ROUND FOR DOING 13.50@105 ON A 13.55 DIAL! ****ERS!!

I do believe you will need something better than that to beat my "ghetto dream"....but of course you are going to say that you had a bad day, or the launch sucked, or maybe you even missed a shift?... Who knows...

If you can beat me with that 5.slow....good, come down to Kansas and prove it...or post a slip that is current. But you really need to stop bragging about somebody elses car that "appears" to be bullsh1t...because it ain't yours for one, and for two IT AIN'T YOURS!!! You appear to be as bad as the ricers you hate so much...

<in my best F&F ricer voice>
"Yo dawg...my boy has this ride all hooked up and sheit that could wax yo azz!!! It ain't minez tho...but itz hiz friendz and sheit...but it does 4'z in da 1/4 man!!!" whatever...

I could give a sh1t less about being beat by a domestic... I do not admit to having the fastest car on planet earth...or for that matter, whatever planet you are on... I never said I was "special" or anything like that...the main point of my posting in this thread was to get a response from johnriley...who actually owns the car he is bragging about...

...and to johnriley...PM with a way to get in touch with you...I would love to see what you have, I would be willing to make the trip up there to see my car get smoked by an f22 on a bottle... Or for that matter...I would love to run the H22 when you get it done...
Old 02-16-2003, 07:49 AM   #23
92vx

Quote:
Originally posted by johnriley
. Also the guy probably doesn't have headers! Since I have put my headers on my car hardly any of the imports here can keep up with me except for the few that have turbos and nitrous. I have never lost to an accord or civic it seems like i'm the only one here in KC who has I/H/E done right on a honda! Everybody here thinks they are cool if they have a body kit and exhaust and I kick their ass everytime! Oh and by the way I do have mad skills! I guess it is all those quarters I pumped into those simulation car video games when I was a teenager!

I can't believe you have the ignorance to post this crap.Let's start with the fact that your driving nearly 3000lb car 2987lb to be exact,with a what F22A1 or F22A6?125hp and 140hp.There is NO way that that motor with ANY I/H/E is going to be fast.Not fast yesterday,not fast today,and not fast tomorrow.And I really have my doubts that you even have these mods,since you have a HEADER not HEADERS,which tells me you,have read some magazines and had some fantasies while being driven around in your moms car.You are never going to even come close to a turbo or SC anything,EVER.I highly doubt that if you went to the track you'd break high 15's or low 16's.That car is a whale with no motor.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:49 AM   #24
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid92hatch
Right now I really do not understand wtf the first line of your post is supposed to mean...if you could translate that to english, I might be able to respond to that part...

i was out of line, i apologize, dude im still hammered from last night leave it be, im suprised i made it this far to the computer and even more suprised i made semi-coherent sentences on it, LOL!

Quote:
And, this car ain't a joke...and no, I am not going to spill what has been done to it just because you call me out...I will just say that this is a never ending project...just as most peoples cars on here...but I will run anybody that wants to run (track prefered)...I am not afraid to loose...happens to the best of em...and I don't claim to be the best, so I do loose on the occasion...

LOL OOOH A FIESTY ONE, dude you got a turbo ls tegra motor (waves pointer finger around in a circular motion to mock him) woop de doo basil.
its easily seen in the featured rides section. i dont know what your boosting and the specs of the setup but im pretty sure you are completly off your rocker if you think a heads and cam ls1 doesnt have anything for you (see below for details).

thats a good mentality to have though, the problem is its the same here and were conflicting. ive raced anything from supercharged 5.0's with slicks to duallie f-350 diesels (took me off the line SOOOOOOOO BAD) dont matter to me much best of luck on the project btw,

Quote:

Info from: http://www.ls1.com.

You might want to try and check your facts before calling someone out like that...you only make yourself look like an a$$...cams will not drop 2 seconds...EVER... That LS1 is not STOCK with only cams if it runs a 10.9.... Even if he got one of the hotter motors due to luck from the factory....show me a slip and show me the car...until then you are only making yourself look stupid... (no offense to this Mike Hoffbuar <sp?> if this is in fact true, as I do not know him...).

angry much? anyway heres some links because i dont feel like typing a well thought out response lol

oh and ITS CAM , SINGULAR, yes they still make pushrods brother.
Your info sir

and heres the one without the heads that i was talking about

info

p.s. on the cam only car in the mods list where it says ls6 intake manifold... THATS STOCK on 00+ cars so it is a basically cam only 10 second car.

Quote:
And as far as me only having a "ghetto dream"....

I do believe you will need something better than that to beat my "ghetto dream"....but of course you are going to say that you had a bad day, or the launch sucked, or maybe you even missed a shift?... Who knows...

LOL THATS FUNNY, i gotta admit... nice one.

yes i can right a list the size of this page to tell you why i got a 2640lb car with a v8 to run that slow.

1. full street trim no gutting or parts deleted
2. NO POSI + STREET TIRES = TeH BaD!
3. worn untuned motor.
4. SEVERLY RESTRICTIVe performance setup (aftermarket intake but stock unported heads is like 30 less hp)
5.speed shifting so i can drive the thing home.
6. best of 2 runs.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA MAKE FUN OF A CAR THATS GOT 500 BUCKS IN THE MOTOR?? shit man and the 500 was TAKING HP AWAY i found out.. i would have loved to race you with my old bolton setup.. no motor work just a stock little 225hp beater motor behind my fenderwell and thats been know to snack on some gsr swapped del sols @6psi (roll and stop, AND the MECHANIC THAT DID THE WORK driving the car because he saw my derogitory sticker on the back of my car about honda's lol [but i did take it off after the race cause i respected the car]), but thats not a benchmark by any means. lol my runs arent sugarcoated niether i drive there and race. 100 miles to and from. jump on the track and go.

but all that aside its apart now and being worked... care to elaborate on what your radio flyer does in the 1320? or is it mag racing all around for with your "MYSTICAL" setup thats clearly visible to any and all who want your info?

Quote:
If you can beat me with that 5.slow....good, come down to Kansas and prove it...or post a slip that is current. But you really need to stop bragging about somebody elses car that "appears" to be bullsh1t...because it ain't yours for one, and for two IT AIN'T YOURS!!! You appear to be as bad as the ricers you hate so much...

post a current slip? how bout posting a dyno slip to back up the ls1 heads cam package beating setup you SUPPOSEDLY GOT GOING ON THERE!

dude i hate to admit it but unless you got over 10psi a stock ls1 WILL give you a run for your money... especially since fwd with aftermarket turbo is like tourette syndrome off the line.

Quote:
<in my best F&F ricer voice>
"Yo dawg...my boy has this ride all hooked up and sheit that could wax yo azz!!! It ain't minez tho...but itz hiz friendz and sheit...but it does 4'z in da 1/4 man!!!" whatever...

bwhaha thats funny shit.. i was gonna mention that too, datsun 8.20 style

Last edited by ford50forlife : 02-16-2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:16 AM   #25
hybrid92hatch

LOL.......... Ok b4 you blow a gasket & since your in a somewhat sober state... Take a look back up where we started this whole rant thing. You keep making reference to an LS & FWD, You're assuming that I am running a Honda with Ls Turbo... Ummmm NO!

Not a Honda, No LS, NO FWD, No Shit...lol

Also as I pointed out, this was aimed at "JR" in the 1st place, But ok.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:19 AM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
LOL.......... Ok b4 you blow a gasket & since your in a somewhat sober state... Take a look back up where we started this whole rant thing. You keep making reference to an LS & FWD, You're assuming that I am running a Honda with Ls Turbo... Ummmm NO!

your car>my car

ka-t or a sr?

Old 02-16-2003, 11:22 AM   #27
hybrid92hatch

SR20DET, Blitz FMIC, Blitz SS Blow off , Apex AVCR, Apex 3" N1....

Alot of other stuff too, But thats all I care to talk about in here.

Did I mention 2 foot fireballs out the Exhaust are COOL!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 11:27 AM   #28
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:

dude dont mind me lol my bust yet agian i gotta take reading lessons again lol wrong car.

damn man.. those cars can be farking sick... giveme some tidbits on it ive seen a couple look just like it trap at 118 on street tires lol. sick little platforms and the aftermarket support dont hinder it either

p.s. cam ls1's OWNS JOO!

Old 02-16-2003, 11:52 AM   #29
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude i don't know what you are smoking but the f22a6 with all the I/H/E in the world won't beat that 240sx unless the driver of it really sucks at driving.

Old 02-16-2003, 01:11 PM   #30
92vx

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
dude i don't know what you are smoking but the f22a6 with all the I/H/E in the world won't beat that 240sx unless the driver of it really sucks at driving.

Old 02-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #31
Civic98

nice kill johnriley!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:13 PM   #32
johnriley
2nd Gear

This is some funny stuff guys! Now that I know this dude's mod's I know I'd get smoked but hey I never claimed that my car was fast but fast for a honda with simple mods I/H/E. You guys are totally blowing this way out of proportion, i think it is funny! I smoked some kid in a 240sx with a fart can and a spoiler and started all this. hybrid92hatch we should go up to kcir sometime and run ha! but I think I would have a better shot in my brother-in-laws 3000gt-twin turbo that runs low 11's! hondaman-iac, to answer your question I am smoking nothing but the finest chronic! 92vx,just for you I will post a picture of my header(s)
Old 02-16-2003, 07:15 PM   #33
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i could show you what a fast honda with i/h/e is

Old 02-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #34
hybrid92hatch

1 word................ANYTIME! And for the Lude, If ya ever get this way, We'll run em.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:02 PM   #35
ford50forlife
4th Gear

I WANT IN DAMNIT... F50A block non vtak owns JOO! BWHHAHAH

Old 02-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #36
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... i was talking to the guy who said he had a fast honda with i/h/e. i know a sr will pwn me. i bairly hang with a stock swap one in a s14 body.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:06 PM   #37
hybrid92hatch

Aight DOood..... My bad... lol
Old 02-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #38
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Aight DOood..... My bad... lol

maybe when i can get my project:s13 going... i might have a worthy compeditor

Old 02-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #39
hybrid92hatch

My roomate had plans of doing an S13.....
Old 02-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #40
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
My roomate had plans of doing an S13.....

had? but im actualy building it more for a road car, i only want about 350rwhp and i want decently fast building boost. im going to probobly do a very very complete swap(good radiator/fan/fmic) and get a nice suspension first though. run most efficent boost on stock turbo, see how thats doing for me