User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2004, 04:06 PM   #41
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by wal
but i think if they were that bad then they wouldn't be so famous and widespread. however at the end of the day music is like marmite ya either love it or hate it lol.

Because when you appeal to the lowest common denominator you'll never want for money. This is why rap is so popular. And for some sad reason sales of rap music is largely to white kids. Something on the order of 75%. But you're right about the "to each his own thing"...although I don't have a fuckin clue what "marmite" is. Haha. Is that like Vegimite?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #42
CD5Passion

Mos Def = Hiphop fo sho
and blackstar that is some good shit there and one of te better beats they produced "B Boys will be B Boys" and "What Beef Is"
Old 06-29-2004, 09:50 PM   #43
Duckydos

Scion demo CD.... it was free
Old 06-29-2004, 10:54 PM   #44
thermal
Banning Machine

Fuk it, let me find my RUN-DMC collection an blast that focker up.... old skool shiznit is the bizomb....

Any of you asian people get a stare when you're on the road and blasting anything but hip-hop or rap? I used to be all about speed metal, and when I have some of my old CD's playing while driving, it seems that people gives me a "WTF is that asian dood doing listening to speed metal- look"?.... i get that shit all the time?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #45
JDMFantasy2k

wow looks like i'm the only one into trance around here.... hmm must say the stuff most often found in my deck is ferry corsten, geroge acosta, some other trance artists, and the occasional rap mix to show off.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:57 PM   #46
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

If anyone wants to listen to a great hip hop CD. Go pick up a Blackilicious CD. It's funny because my buddy has a Blackilicious T shirt and wears it once and a while, and people give him funny looks cause he's white.
But seriously, go listen to a few of their CD's. Gift to Gab is amazing!!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:07 AM   #47
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
If anyone wants to listen to a great hip hop CD.

But seriously, go listen to a few of their CD's. Gift to Gab is amazing!!

Yes. I offer a to Blackalicious. Nia and A2G were phenominal albums. Haven't listened to much off of Blazing Arrow. For an even better album, there's a double disc set called "Solesides Greatest Bumps". It's got Blackalicious as a group and individually, DJ Shadow, Latryx (again, as individuals and as a group), and a bunch of other insane underground hip hop acts.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-30-2004, 12:24 AM   #48
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Yes. I offer a to Blackalicious. Nia and A2G were phenominal albums. Haven't listened to much off of Blazing Arrow. For an even better album, there's a double disc set called "Solesides Greatest Bumps". It's got Blackalicious as a group and individually, DJ Shadow, Latryx (again, as individuals and as a group), and a bunch of other insane underground hip hop acts.

Blazin Arrow is what got me hooked on them.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 06-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #49
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Interesting...but you've gotta go listen to a song called Alphabet Aerobics. The whole song is one of the Blackalicious guys rapping in aliteration (all of the words start with the same letter) and he goes from A to Z...it's insane.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:05 AM   #50
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Interesting...but you've gotta go listen to a song called Alphabet Aerobics. The whole song is one of the Blackalicious guys rapping in aliteration (all of the words start with the same letter) and he goes from A to Z...it's insane.

Oh don't worry.
I've heard it...Many of times..LOVE IT!
Download the song Chemical Calisthenics
And tell me what you think of it.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:08 AM   #51
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by JDMFantasy2k
wow looks like i'm the only one into trance around here.... hmm must say the stuff most often found in my deck is ferry corsten, geroge acosta, some other trance artists, and the occasional rap mix to show off.

woah dude it's all about Ferry Corsten, Dj Tiesto, and Hybrid. I have a few live sets, one of them being my favorites, Ferry Corsten's Essential Mix which is a 2 hour set if you havent heard it I sugggest you download it some of his best work in that. some of my fav trance beats include Fear - Hybrid and of course Gouryella
Old 06-30-2004, 03:27 AM   #52
No.1_Stunna

I forgot to mention the trance cause I also figured I would be alone on that one...I've got DJ Tiesto live at energy 2000 on my MP3 player right now. I want to go to USC8 in seattle this year I just dont know if I'll be in town.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:00 AM   #53
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Trance...pshhh. Just a bunch of computers making noise. I'm all about downbeat, acid jazz, etc. Everything else is just rehashed computer static.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:22 AM   #54
wal
2nd Gear

i've seen Ferry Corsten and Dj Tiesto live at the empire in middlesbrough a few years ago when i used to be into ma dance music.

gt, marmite is like a yeast exstract thing, most ppl put on toast (it looks like black butter) i personally dont like it but quite a few ppl like over here
wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:13 AM   #55
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
woah dude it's all about Ferry Corsten, Dj Tiesto, and Hybrid. I have a few live sets, one of them being my favorites, Ferry Corsten's Essential Mix which is a 2 hour set if you havent heard it I sugggest you download it some of his best work in that. some of my fav trance beats include Fear - Hybrid and of course Gouryella

yeah the essential mix is hott, i like some songs off of his right of way cd, and i also have a cd of him live at spundae, which is amazing. I've also been getting into Paul Van Dyk, i have a live set of him that is unreal.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #56
Badcar22

in my changer i have kanye west , jimi hendrix, metalica, led zepplin, hottie and the blowfish,and jay z black album. big variety
Old 07-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #57
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

first CD change in a week... best of the doors

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #58
SolPol

Quote:

Awesome song.

Now I wanna DL the Chemical Calistenics one too.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #59
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

alphabet aerobics, chemical calistenics, hmmm....
sounds like some kind of a work out video or something.

anyone like classic rock like led zepplin, lynard skynard?
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #60
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by RxGoaT13
alphabet aerobics, chemical calistenics, hmmm....
sounds like some kind of a work out video or something.

anyone like classic rock like led zepplin, lynard skynard?

led zep is awsome, never reall liked lynard. ive been getting into some oldies lately out of lack of new stuff i want to listen to. doors, led zep, some floyd, and a few others are what i've got my hands on now

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote