::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

Help Fast

The bulb is out in my headlight. I have a 96 civic and a bought the new bulb and i need to replace it. How do i go about doing this?
Im sure it cant be that hard i just need to learn. thnx
Old 06-08-2002, 05:36 PM   #2
blind34_1

Well, for one you DONT take your headlight lens off!
...open your hood and look for something that looks like the plastic part of the bulb. it look the same on your new one. They all look basically the same. If its not obvious, find some wires going to the front of your car. They'll prolly be covered in some tubing or whatnot, so look carefully. You might have to get dirty depending on how recessed the assembly is. Once you find the assembly, I think there is some sort of plastic locking washer thingy. You unscrew it by hand, and slide the old bulb out. Disconnect the harness of wires, and reverse the process to reinstall. Dont touch the new bulb with your hands, skin oil messes with bulbs.

Oh I dont know if autozone fed me a bunch of bs or what, but they suggested using this gooey compound to slather around the plastic part. I guess it makes a better seal, keeping moisture out or something. Its like a buck, so who knows?

Also, I'm just guessing at all this, I dont know your cars style. Anyone want to correct me?
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote