::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2002, 03:11 AM   #1
insomniac

Help Painting valve cover

Its a DX Motor and i'm dressing up the engine bay a bit. Is the valve cover just held on with the 4 bolts? Then it just comes up? I was reading that gaskets or seals have to be replaced if I take it off. Is it true? Do the bolts have to go back on with a very specific TORQUE or i'll run into probs? Any help appreciated. THanks.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:36 PM   #2
SWIFT

yes it is held by those bolts...sometimes it's a pain to get it off so you have to pry it gently but not against the block! if you've never replaced the gasket before then i'd say get a new gasket/gromets just to be on the safe side. i think the torque for those bolts is like 6-7 psi.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:26 AM   #3
h82lose

valve cover woes

yup.. just 4 bolts will let it go. also 9 times out of 10, you wont have to replace the gasket because it is rubber.. i just cleaned mine with a lil degreaser and it worked fine.

also.. instead of painting your valve cover.. look into powder coating it.. you can have it done anywhere that they powder coat and since its a small valve cover.. i was only charged 35$ and its shiny as hell.