::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
RavingCivic

HELP CV axles CLIK CLIK CLIKKING

Yo guys i have a problem with my CV axles im guessing. they have been clicking when i accelerate and decelerate pretty badly for the last 100k miles. it has gotten alot worse recently. before it was barely noticable, but now it is every time and clicks like 2-5 times each time.

This is the CV axle noise right? is there anything else it could be? i know it is not the transmission. i have already replaced it. *dont catch 2nd every time u change gears guys*

IF it is the CV axles/(joints???) what can i replace them with that is able to handle the stress of driving hard.

are any of the integra CV axles direct replacement? if not does anyone recommend a brand of Parts besides of HONDA? i can get HONDA OEM parts at cost, so should i just use those? *that suck*

Please Help
Thanks in advance
Daniel
Old 09-27-2003, 03:14 AM   #2
AzCivic

did the boot get torn?

you're not making alot of power so the stock axles are more than adequate for hard driving.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 03:49 AM   #3
RavingCivic

no nothing is torn, they have been clicking for over 100k miles as i said. i know it isnt transmission, and i doubt it is anything in clutch housing.

everytime i have removed and reinstalled the CV axles they have stopped making the noise. then it starts again.

and i know the axles are unable to handle high power, but i have replace transmission for destroyed bearings, *what i was told* and i have replaced clutch 2 times. *just to let u know how hard i drive*

do i just need to take CV axles out and reinstall them again? this is alot of work esp since i dont have access to garage and lifts anymore.

can u guys think of anything else it could be?

and again has anyone had similar problems?
Old 09-27-2003, 07:23 AM   #4
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Classic symptom[s] - your CV joints are going. I think I'd have somebody else do it this time. Sounds like you're missing something...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #5
RavingCivic

no i am doing it fine, the joints are what is messed up. i just need to know what are the best to replace with. are there any integra ones that go in place of the civics? are there any aftermarket CV joints that are good? *when u say joints, u mean the whole axle right?*
Old 09-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #6
Noeladams99

Im not an expert but check your brake pads unless your cv axle pulls like or you hear the clicking when turning. You can feel it in the wheel least I did. I did have a problem recently with a loose brake shoe and it would click when I slowed down and stuff but its gone now.
You'll notice it when ever you turn see if your steering wheel jerks or you hear the clicking then. As for places to go to get another one I'd trust autozone before advance autoparts.
If you were here in greenville, sc I could hook you up with a killer mechanic.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:44 AM   #7
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

LoL! You know what I just discovered? It's easier to delete messages than it is to edit all the cuss words out of them. Hrm... learn something new every day Carry on...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 02:16 PM   #8
vtracer20

yo make sure u change them...mine started to click 4 hours away from home and then they just blew up......no accel nothing...i had to leave my car 200 miles away from home and had to wait for my dad to pick me up....what a ****ed up day....deff get them changed dont risk driving on bad CV joints....
Old 09-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #9
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
LoL! You know what I just discovered? It's easier to delete messages than it is to edit all the cuss words out of them. Hrm... learn something new every day Carry on...

How are you gonna come up on here and delete one of my posts with out telling me and giving me a chance to change it myself! Especially since my post had useful info unlike yours.

Last edited by AzCivic : 09-28-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
RavingCivic

urs too? he deleted one of mine as well. deuce wtf man
Old 09-29-2003, 01:20 AM   #11
blind34_1

whenever I have a torn cv boot, I just replace the whole half shaft. its about 80- bucks remanufactured which aint bad. you should never have any problems with them going that quickly, unless maybe somebody is giving you the wrong axle and its binding, and cuasing extra stress.

And driving "hard" like you say just is hell on your transmission. your cv joints shouldn't care too much.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:50 PM   #12
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by RavingCivic
no i am doing it fine, the joints are what is messed up. i just need to know what are the best to replace with. are there any integra ones that go in place of the civics? are there any aftermarket CV joints that are good? *when u say joints, u mean the whole axle right?*

so you were saying they(supposedly the axles) click 4 or 5 times when you accel/deccel, and that it's been doing this for 100THOUSAND miles?
Old 09-30-2003, 02:11 AM   #13
RavingCivic

yes that is what i am saying, i am not sure as what to think if it is CV axles or not, because, THey DO NOT click when i am turning, which is classis sign that they are going bad,

i took it to honda at 30k miles, and they said they heard nothing, even though i pointed it out many times, they wouldnt do anything about it.

it clicks when i decelerate and accelerate, which means that somwhere between the wheel and the damn transmission something is being stressed and giving a lil and making that clicking noise.

the weird thing is, as i stated before, when i have taken driveshaft out and reinstalled it, *also removed brakes and many other components as u who have replaced a clutch or transmission know* there was no clicking for about 5k miles or so

and then it just gets worse, so i dont know wtf to think.

i am hoping it is something easy. and cheap, but either way, as i said before i get HONDA parts from dealer at dealer cost. so no biggie to me either way
Old 09-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #14
AzCivic

hmm, yeah what you're describing isnt the "classic signs" of the cv joints going. but i dont have a clue as to what the problem is. does the clicking stop if you take the tranny out of gear?
Old 09-30-2003, 11:20 PM   #15
RavingCivic

yes it does, its really weird, it only makes it when i decelerate by down shifting, or when i accelerate, which automaticaly will put pressure on every part of transmission, cv axles and what not.

i still think it is CV axles, so i am going to call honda and get new ones. *DEALER PRICING IS GREAT*