View Poll Results: should i go for speed or looks
speed 5 100.00%
looks 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
bigmill_11

help please

hey i need some opinions

i have i 91 dx hb and i just got a buddy club kit.
should i get the kit put on and painted
or should i go with an engine upgrade instead B16a

and if u know about how much should i be looking to pay for the paint job and what will the engine run me

thanks
Old 01-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
ShEaNy

ill tell u the paint job and installation will be hella cheaper then a full swap..might as well put it on since u have it....save up for rims next and suspension mods..then go engine swap....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 03:53 PM   #3
oc civic

just curious as to why you are asking us....what do YOU want.. im so unclear as to why you dont knwo what to do
Old 01-01-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
bigmill_11

im new to this seen just trying to get some different points of view
Old 01-01-2003, 04:51 PM   #5
pauls-si

Well, since you already have the kit you might as install it and get it painted. It'll be cheaper than a swap.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #6
iRACEmyCTR

asking an internet forum that represents many different viewpoints and attitudes about tuning wont get you anywhere. it doesnt even have to be speed or looks. many people choose to go fast and look CLEAN. not good, but CLEAN. i can't stress this enough. do yourself a very big favor and go to www.jdmcivic.com right now! look at some of the cars there. they are all very nicely done because they all use QUALITY products and go for a clean look. good luck with the engine swap
Old 01-01-2003, 06:09 PM   #7
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmill_11
im new to this seen just trying to get some different points of view

if we all told you that painting your car pink and running 12 "kanz of nnaawwwsss" was cool would you do it???

modifying a car shoudl be liek a piece of art.. it SHOULD be a representations of ones inner creativity or quest for speed... it should NOT be a collective representation of what peopel THINK is cool... are you trying to make yourself happy, or impress a buncha kids you have never and probably will never meet??? trying to impressed the kids at the local school yard??? if you are.. GREAT.. sell your car and get a life... because in my humble opinion thats WEAK... will i help you pick out quality parts??? YES Will i share with you my technical expieriance??? OFF COURSE... will i tell you step by step how to mod YOUR car?? NO.. thats on you..
Old 01-01-2003, 06:47 PM   #8
iRACEmyCTR

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
if we all told you that painting your car pink and running 12 "kanz of nnaawwwsss" was cool would you do it???

modifying a car shoudl be liek a piece of art.. it SHOULD be a representations of ones inner creativity or quest for speed... it should NOT be a collective representation of what peopel THINK is cool... are you trying to make yourself happy, or impress a buncha kids you have never and probably will never meet??? trying to impressed the kids at the local school yard??? if you are.. GREAT.. sell your car and get a life... because in my humble opinion thats WEAK... will i help you pick out quality parts??? YES Will i share with you my technical expieriance??? OFF COURSE... will i tell you step by step how to mod YOUR car?? NO.. thats on you..

Damn, sounds like somebody didn't get to play mortal kombat last night....
Old 01-01-2003, 09:02 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

oc's at it again

well yes it is your car, do what you think looks good. if you like the wingswest avernger kit, slap it on. if you like the oem lip slap it on. if you want your car "painted pink and running 12 "kanz of nnaawwwsss" do that.

But I say, you got the BC kit so might as well put it on. You already paid out the ass for shipping. you could always just save up later for the swap
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote