User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
CD5Passion

bush wants pakistan now

greeeeaaaaatttt......
Quote:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- President Bush said Wednesday he would order U.S. forces to go after Osama bin Laden inside Pakistan if he received good intelligence on the fugitive al Qaeda leader's location.

"Absolutely," Bush said.

The president made the comments Wednesday in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. (Watch Bush state his position on Iran and the war on terror -- 18:06)

Although Pakistan has said it won't allow U.S. troops to operate within its territory, "we would take the action necessary to bring him to justice."

But Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, told reporters Wednesday at the United Nations that his government would oppose any U.S. action in its territory.

"We wouldn't like to allow that at all. We will do it ourselves," he said.

A January airstrike on suspected al Qaeda figures on the Pakistan border provoked protests by tens of thousands of Pakistanis and complaints by Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, who said U.S. officials launched the attack without consulting his government.

Bin Laden's followers killed nearly 3,000 Americans in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. In response, the United States and its allies overthrew Afghanistan's ruling Taliban, which had allowed al Qaeda to operate within its territory -- but bin Laden slipped the U.S. noose and is believed by many to be hiding in the rugged mountains along the Afghan-Pakistani border five years later.

Pakistani authorities recently signed a peace agreement with pro-Taliban tribal leaders in the country's restive northwest after two years of clashes with the traditionally autonomous tribes that left more than 600 Pakistani troops dead. But Aziz told CNN earlier this month that top terrorist leaders like bin Laden would have "no immunity" under the agreement.

"This notion that anybody who has a record as a terrorist will get safe haven -- we would not even think of doing that," he said.

U.S. and NATO troops are now battling a Taliban resurgence in southeastern Afghanistan, and both Afghan and Pakistani officials have accused each other of not doing enough to capture pro-Taliban militants sneaking across the border.

Bush: Ahmadinejad 'knows the options before him'

Bush on Wednesday also defended his decision not to meet with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at the United Nations this week, telling CNN that Ahmadinejad "knows the options before him." (Watch President Bush explain why he takes Ahmadinejad's words seriously -- :27)

The U.N. Security Council has called on Iran to stop its uranium enrichment efforts, which the Bush administration says are aimed at developing nuclear weapons. Iran says it wants to produce fuel for civilian power plants, and it has so far refused to halt enrichment.

Bush said the United States has agreed to talks with Iran "only if they verifiably suspended their enrichment program.

"He knows the options before him. I've made that very clear," he said. "In order for there to be effective diplomacy you can't keep changing your word."

European negotiators are trying to reach an agreement with the Iranians that will stay the threat of U.N. sanctions against Iran for flouting the Security Council's demand while talks toward a permanent resolution continue. But Bush said that "time is of the essence," and he is concerned that Tehran is "trying to buy time" in the dispute.

Both Bush and Ahmadinejad addressed the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday -- Bush in the morning, Ahmadinejad in the evening.

Bush addressed the Iranian people directly during his speech, telling them that Americans "respect" their country and that they "deserve an opportunity to determine your own future.

"The greatest obstacle to this future is that your rulers have chosen to deny you liberty and to use your nation's resources to fund terrorism and fuel extremism and pursue nuclear weapons," he said. "Despite what the regime tells you, we have no objection to Iran's pursuit of a truly peaceful nuclear power program."

The United States and Iran have not had diplomatic ties since 1979, when Iranian militants, who had overthrown the U.S.-backed Shah Mohammed Palavi, seized the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and held American diplomats hostage for more than a year. Bush labeled Iran part of an "axis of evil" in 2002, along with Iraq -- which the United States invaded the following year -- and North Korea.

In his speech, Ahmadinejad criticized what he called the "abuse" of the Security Council by "hegemonic powers." He mentioned the United States by name only once during his speech, but criticized major powers he said "seek to rule the world relying on weapons and threats.

"All of our nuclear activities are transparent, peaceful and under the watchful eyes of the IAEA [International Atomic Energy Agency] inspectors," he said. "Why, then, are there objections to our legally recognized rights? Which governments object to these rights? Governments that themselves benefit from nuclear energy."

The White House said Bush did not watch the Iranian leader's speech. Asked whether he found anything encouraging in it, the president said, "Not really."

Ahmadinejad's speech was more restrained than previous addresses in which the Iranian president has questioned the existence of the Holocaust and called for the Israel's eradication.

Referring to those comments, Bush said, "My judgment is you've got to take everybody's word seriously in this world.

"You can't just hope for the best," he said. "You've got to assume that the leader, when he says that he would like to destroy Israel, means what he says. If you say, 'Well, gosh, maybe he doesn't mean it,' and you turn out to be wrong, you have not done your duty as a world leader."

The president is not the highest authority in Iran, which is an Islamic republic led by religious clerics.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/...cnn_topstories
Old 09-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
Wren57

He doesn't "want Pakistan". Although, nice choice of words to demonize the President as an imperialist. You're an idiot.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah that was a bit misleading, he's jsut sayin that if osama is in there, we'll try and go after him. leave it to cnn to make it sound like world domination. we dont "own" afganastan and thats probobly what we would do in pakistan, not another iraq, we learned.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
Robert
R-Tard

Since the US government finances Pakistan ISI/Taliban through CIA and Oil contracts with Sudia money it would not make sense to invaid.

The US allowed the terrorists to flee Afgan into Pakistan, durring their invasion of the region shortly following 9/11.

I think your title takes away from the over all message of this. The US wants Pakistan to make some heads roll. Would they use their own military to do it? Yes of course they would, they need to regain some traction on the 'war on terror' however invaiding a country you have such close ties to and one that shortly after 9/11 claimed to be on ourside would be a huge mistake on many accounts.

I side with Wren.....
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Must...stay...out of...this one...
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
HondaImpaler

Fuck why can't someone just shoot Bush and call it a day?
The vermin you need to loathe
HondaImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaImpaler
Fuck why can't someone just shoot Bush and call it a day?

You think the vice president would do anything differently than the President?

Bush wants to get bin laden! OMG NOOOOO!!!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #8
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren57
He doesn't "want Pakistan". Although, nice choice of words to demonize the President as an imperialist. You're an idiot.

ditto.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
Gone

Just wait for the next generation of electives running for office. They'll perhaps be even worse.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #10
HondaImpaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone
Just wait for the next generation of electives running for office. They'll perhaps be even worse.

This is possible?
The vermin you need to loathe
HondaImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #11
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaImpaler
This is possible?

Of course it is. heh
Old 09-22-2006, 05:04 AM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm still hoping to stay out of this one, but I have to make a comment of conduct. I find it a bit unsettling that all the board members who approve of Bush (and may therefore be clinically psychotic) love to call foul when other members make personal comments (who are we kidding...by "other members", I mean me). However, when you guys feel you've got safety in numbers you have no problem throwing around the word idiot or whatever. You know damn well what Darin meant, even if he phrased it poorly. Oh no...someone disagrees with you! Better circle the wagons and call him an idiot.

And really Wren...does Bush need any help being demonized as an imperialist asshole? He's really fucking good at that all on his own. He doesn't need Darin's or CNN's help. When Bush fucks up, it's not news...it's expected. If he'd did something right THAT would be news...and I would probably suffer a mild heart attack as a result of the shock.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

steve the other side of that is why is it every time bush trys to do something international he's an imperialist? what would the anit-bush people be saying if it was found out our intellegence said osama was in pakistan and we did nothing? he sat on his ass once for 9/11 and im guessing he dosnt wnt to again. he would get a bunch of people saying see he only wanted iraq, or oil is his only driving force. its obvious whatever he does certain people are going to try and find the worst intentions they can think of and voice them as they are the truth. no where does it say invasion, or overthrow gov't. he said and i'll quote "we would take the action necessary to bring him to justice." now that can mean many things, im not gonna say it dosnt mean invade, but you cant put words into his mouth then rip him for it. he dosnt have the best track record, and im not saying he's gonna do this one completley right, but to already point out the future assumed failures or actions is a bit...

Old 09-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I see what you mean Chris...but the fact of the matter is that Pakistan doesn't want us there. Period. Now, if we could somehow pursued Pakistan to mobilize and get the job done or to let us in and do our own thing then it'd be different. I'm amazed they let us get away with an airstrike on their soil without their consultation. Let's face facts...Pakistan, unlike other countries we shake our fingers at, has a nuclear option and up until now they've been our friend. Do we really want to piss of another nuclear capable country that bad just to get one guy? I mean...I know everyone thinks he's the most evil son of a bitch alive (and maybe he is). But when you weigh the option of a possible nuclear event against the life of one guy, it seems pretty trivial. If Pakistan lets us in and we do what needs to be done (highly unlikely), fuckin A, man. Then again, that's pretty unlikely. Maybe Bush should've done his job in the first place and not let the bastard escape when we had him in our crosshairs.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

understanding of course, but truth of the matter is the american gov't will persue after bin laden no matter what any other country says... because we can. now if they DO actualy put forth a honest effot to find him and we still go in anyways against their wishes then i'll have a problem with that, not if they half ass it and dont really try, jump through a few hoops and tell us to stay out. thats the difference. should we have struck without asking? probobly not, but at least now they know we're serious about persuing him in their country and they better do something to keep us out.

as for a nuke threat from pakistan.. they will be a glass parking lot faster than they can say launch. its not M.A.D. when they cant destroy us and we can destroy them. we win that battle.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #16
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
I'm still hoping to stay out of this one, but I have to make a comment of conduct. I find it a bit unsettling that all the board members who approve of Bush (and may therefore be clinically psychotic) love to call foul when other members make personal comments (who are we kidding...by "other members", I mean me). However, when you guys feel you've got safety in numbers you have no problem throwing around the word idiot or whatever. You know damn well what Darin meant, even if he phrased it poorly. Oh no...someone disagrees with you! Better circle the wagons and call him an idiot.

And really Wren...does Bush need any help being demonized as an imperialist asshole? He's really fucking good at that all on his own. He doesn't need Darin's or CNN's help. When Bush fucks up, it's not news...it's expected. If he'd did something right THAT would be news...and I would probably suffer a mild heart attack as a result of the shock.

Agreed with.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:46 PM   #17
AkimboStylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
You think the vice president would do anything differently than the President?

actually cheney wouldn't be medically fit to hold office, so it would to whom next?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #18
CD5Passion

Quote:

i didn't know a common verb could be taken in such a way. maybe if I had said Bush demands...
sorry I would've used "bush fancys pakistan" but then Steve might make a gay joke

just thought it was an interesting article, [enter personal insult]

trust me if bush does something well I will post that too. Sure I hate him but he is our countries leader, i certainly hope something is done right.

Last edited by CD5Passion : 09-22-2006 at 05:13 PM.
CD5Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
Robert
R-Tard

You're all really mistaken to think anything would be different with any other president or party.

The reality is what is happening, and what will happen is larger then anyone person/party or decade. The things that have been set in motion started 30 years ago and wont stop with a change in presidents or party.

Patistan will not use a nuke, nor will any other country that can be targeted. The only use of nucular force will be a rouge group that cannot be traced to a physical location. FOr this to happen it will have to be done within the USA as ICBM's are not just fired from shoulders.

Pakistan will have the taliban run out, but the question is not by whom, or how but 'into what country?'

Taliban, and most terrorist groups are funded by the US currently or in the past; in some way shape or form. CIA has enough information regarding their locations and movements to take them out. The thing is its in no 'businesses' best interest to stop warring. More money is made durring conflict then any other time if you're in the military business.

War = Profits = Terrorists

Don't believe me. Look into the 32 illegal wars that have been fought in south america using US troops since 1970. Look into www.complete911timeline.org for media reports from mainstreem media leading up to, durring and since the 9/11 attack. Look into every single military conflict after vietnam and you'll see the same trend.

Then ask yourself. If we really wanted to get to teh bottom of who was invovled in 9.11 why was the head of the 9.11 commision working for bush and why did that individual right the plans to invade the middle east prior to 9.11? Why would a country ingauge is such planning?

Now ask yourself, of the 400 people arrested shortly following 9.11 how many you think have been charged. None as of right nwo have been charged. Only 6 remain is US gov't custody, as te other 394 have been quietly released.

Get informed, look past the 'facts' and find the truth. Don't let the mainstreem media tell you what to think, or how to view a situation.

I'm a bush fan, I like the guy. He's not the smartest or the best president. However he has been involved in one of the largest cover ups in US history and not one America has been able to do ANYTHING about it. Every last American in power has allowed this to unfold. I like the guy because he does what he says. Unlike everyother American who says they stand for freedom, civil liberties and justic. All of those people allow a militrary and president/party to cover up 9.11 and the truth behind it. I think it's because they're all scared of who's names are going to start popping up.

Bush might be brightest crayon at first glace, but he's got the biggest balls of anyone. The things that are taking place are bigger and have more depth then anything that has ever happened in history. The manipulation of billions of dollars, 100,000's of service men, UN, American society, control of the media, Oil and gov't policies make watergate look like a joke.

Last edited by Robert : 09-22-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
understanding of course, but truth of the matter is the american gov't will persue after bin laden no matter what any other country says... because we can. now if they DO actualy put forth a honest effot to find him and we still go in anyways against their wishes then i'll have a problem with that, not if they half ass it and dont really try, jump through a few hoops and tell us to stay out. thats the difference. should we have struck without asking? probobly not, but at least now they know we're serious about persuing him in their country and they better do something to keep us out.

as for a nuke threat from pakistan.. they will be a glass parking lot faster than they can say launch. its not M.A.D. when they cant destroy us and we can destroy them. we win that battle.

Ok, deal me in.

American people have a problem. Whenever the question of a fight is raised, their response is usually along the lines of "we have more". There are times when the question should be "do we have the right?" or "is it absolutely necessary?". We've had 5 years to go nuts looking for bin Laden. You think it's just convenient timing that we're rattling our sabres in a run up to elections? The Republicans didn't deliver on a promise and now they're trying to look tough and like they're making an effort just before they're likely to lose control of congress. I know politics is riddled with bullshit, but that seems low even to me.

Last I checked Pakistan is a sovereign nation. One of the few we hadn't completely enraged...especially in that part of the world. If we have specific and irrefutable information as to bin Laden's whereabouts then Pakistan should let us in to do a quick in and out...no lengthy fishing expeditions for someone who may not even be there so we can have a show for cable news shows. Of course, who the hell's going to trust our intelligence these days? We've fabricated enough bad intelligence and been just plain wrong on the rest of it to be trusted on a world stage.

In short...it's no one else's fault that Bush has a small penis and feels the need to throw his weight around. He needs to knock it the fuck off with all this big talk that serves little purpose other than to piss everyone in the world off.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Ok, deal me in.

American people have a problem. Whenever the question of a fight is raised, their response is usually along the lines of "we have more". There are times when the question should be "do we have the right?" or "is it absolutely necessary?". We've had 5 years to go nuts looking for bin Laden. You think it's just convenient timing that we're rattling our sabres in a run up to elections? The Republicans didn't deliver on a promise and now they're trying to look tough and like they're making an effort just before they're likely to lose control of congress. I know politics is riddled with bullshit, but that seems low even to me.

Last I checked Pakistan is a sovereign nation. One of the few we hadn't completely enraged...especially in that part of the world. If we have specific and irrefutable information as to bin Laden's whereabouts then Pakistan should let us in to do a quick in and out...no lengthy fishing expeditions for someone who may not even be there so we can have a show for cable news shows. Of course, who the hell's going to trust our intelligence these days? We've fabricated enough bad intelligence and been just plain wrong on the rest of it to be trusted on a world stage.

In short...it's no one else's fault that Bush has a small penis and feels the need to throw his weight around. He needs to knock it the fuck off with all this big talk that serves little purpose other than to piss everyone in the world off.
ahh no no no. i didnt say we need to go in and fight, i said that we have nuke supremicy and therefor power over them in the area of nuclear war. M.A.D. is mutually assured destruction, which is basically the reason the USA and russia never nuked each other. because we knew if we fired, they could retaliate with a force capable of wiping out a majority of our country, but by the time they retaliated we could re-retalitate and wipe them out again. this keeps superpowers from engaging in war. however pakastan does not have this luxury. not only do we have a safty net around us with the best defence and early warning systems, but no sovergn nation would fire a nuclear weapon at us as it would result in them no longer existing. a sovergn nation, not terrorist group, is in the business of building and sustaining a nation no matter what their policital background is. we do not want to fight pakistan, no where is that said, no where did i even think it was implied. we want to search pakistan for taliban and osama. you want to talk about pissing people off? well if your little pakistan and you're harboring or are believed to be harboring the most wanted man in the world you have 3 options: look for him with all your capabilities, let the biggest and most pissed off superpower who wants his head look for him(which would cost your country practically nothing compaired to doing it yourself), or tell the largest and strongest superpower in the world to fuck off and stay out of the country. we arnt trying to do anything to pakistan. as you said we're on good terms with them. we dont wana overthrow their gov't, we dont want to seize their resources, we want to go poke around in some caves and see whats under a few rocks, using missles bombs and guns. do we have the right? is it absolutly nessisary? both are about 80% yes. we have the right to hunt down an enemy regime who attacked us, just like a killer who has been on the loose for 10 years still needs to be brought to justice. 5 years isnt forget and forgive time. when you get information, RESEARCH IT then act upon it. and it is absolutly nessisary because he wants to do it again, and given the time he will. he dosnt think as rationally as you or i might think, and dosnt know that he could theoretically "get away" with 9/11 if he just laid low and didnt do anything else to us. not his style, we know that, everyone else in the world knows that, thats why it is absolutly nessicary. remeber the water ban on airplanes from a month and a half ago? now we dont know if that was a taliban plan, but its their style, their level of planning, and accomplishing what they want to do. so why take the chances? how long will we let it go on? when will we know where he is but have everyone crying and saying oh no dont go there you just want to invade. then we';ve got to deal with our people slowing us down, he knows what we know then and goes elsewhere.... he just needs to be hunted down. end of story

Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well..until I see some evidence, I've gotta disagree Chris. First of all, I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that Pakistan is harboring Osama aside from monday morning quaterbacking by media pundits who need to learn to shut the fuck up. He's had 5 years to get a head start. Fuck, he could be in Luxembourg for all we know. And, as I mentioned before, seeing as how this administration has a proclivity for fabricating intelligence, any given country would have every right to be suspicious. And I really don't think we're talking about just searching caves here. In Iraq we were promised precision attacks and ended up with thousands of civilian casualties. Damn those Pakistanies for wanting to protect the innocent from U.S. bombs! But remember...bigger bombs just spread more freedom.

You've also got a very American view of the whole situation. Who gets to decide who the most wanted man in the world is? Is it us because we're pissed? I seriously doubt he's the most wanted man in the middle east. Or Russia. Or Asia. Or many other places for that matter. And just because someone pissed us off doesn't give us the right to infiltrate a nation against their wishes. If the situation were reversed and someone had attacked Pakistan and fled to the U.S. do you think for a second we'd allow the Pakistani army onto our soil? Of course we wouldn;t...but we're willing to demonize any nation that tries to stop us from going to their country. Americans seem incapable of putting themselves into someone else's shoes and that's why everyone fucking hates us. It's not because we have freedom. Hell, if you hate freedom, bomb Amsterdam. They've got more than us. They hate us because we're arrogant pricks who think we have the moral right to do whatever we want and fuck you if you disagree.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #23
Robert
R-Tard

Steve, actually there is evidence that Osama is in Pakistan.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #24
Wren57

This is all I care to reply to right now based on my heavily drugged up condition:

Quote:
when you guys feel you've got safety in numbers you have no problem throwing around the word idiot or whatever. Oh no...someone disagrees with you! Better circle the wagons and call him an idiot.

Steve, you should know by now how little I care about what other people think. I will call someone an idiot if I think they are in idiot, not because I think others will agree. Just because others agree does not imply my giving a shit that they agree with me... after all, my response was the first one, so at that time there was NO "safety in numbers"...

And as far as the "personal attack" calling him an idiot, well if he thinks Bush wants Pakistan then he is, indeed, an idiot which lacks all the facts. Exactly why I think voters should have to take a current-events type test and get at least 1/2 the questions correct before being allowed to vote. A sample question might be "In what Middle-Eastern country was Saddaam Hussein removed from power in the last few years?" I know there are some people who probably couldn't get that right...
Old 09-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Steve, actually there is evidence that Osama is in Pakistan.

WITCH HES A WITCH.......... BURN HIM

Old 09-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
WITCH HES A WITCH.......... BURN HIM

LOL
Old 09-24-2006, 09:41 AM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well i did some research and turns out they know he was in pakistan within the last month and they have unconfirmmed rumors that he's dead. no official word so you cant assume anything about his death, but confirmed in pakistan last month....... im looking for a hole in the sand to put my head in.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Bottom line is that bin Laden isn't a priority for us at this point. If we REALLY wanted him, we'd have had him 5 years ago. Period. You're gonna tell me the most powerful nation in the world can't find 1 guy if it wants to? Horseshit. The CIA unceremoniously closed it's Anti-bin Landen a few months ago. At this point he's just a show pony to parade in front of cameras. He even said himself that he doesn't need to attack us again. We're so gripped by fear from the last attack that we'll eventually tear ourselves apart. So far we're not proving him wrong

Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #29
Robert
R-Tard

Actually CIA wants bin landen, it is deeper then CIA. But I agree with you steve.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #30
AzCivic

Quote:

Sorry if by quoting someone elses reply and agreeing with it hurt your and anyone else's feelings. I meant to agree with his statement not the insult. I didn't take the time to edit the quote, don't take it too personal.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #31
AzCivic

Quote:
Bottom line is that bin Laden isn't a priority for us at this point. If we REALLY wanted him, we'd have had him 5 years ago. Period. You're gonna tell me the most powerful nation in the world can't find 1 guy if it wants to? Horseshit. The CIA unceremoniously closed it's Anti-bin Landen a few months ago. At this point he's just a show pony to parade in front of cameras. He even said himself that he doesn't need to attack us again. We're so gripped by fear from the last attack that we'll eventually tear ourselves apart. So far we're not proving him wrong

Why do you pretend to know exactly what the intentions of the gov't are?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #32
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I don't need to pretend to know their intentions. By their actions...or rather, inactions...they've essentially told us that he's not a priority. Does a number one priority disappear from the radar for 4 fucking years until, surprise, surprise...it's election time? No. A number one priority never gets put on the back burner. And aside from the perfectly logical and reasonable assumption that we haven't been tracking bin Laden like we should've been, I haven't really made any comment as to the government's intentions. Really...it's so simple children are figuring it out.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:46 AM   #33
CD5Passion

im sorry I even posted a current event, it always ends up into a political battle
Old 09-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #34
Wren57

Do you really expect to be able to post a global political news story, make a ridiculous remark about it, and NOT expect some people to stand up for what they believe? Ridiculous...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #35
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Really Wren? The only remark (aside from the thread title, which isn't so much a remark and is far more true than you care to believe) was "greeeeaaaaatttt......". Aside from that, it's a quote from a news source. Now if you'd care to call the news source ridiculous...that's up to you. You'd be a dipshit...but it's still up to you. And really...you seem to like to toss around what you think is political weight...but I haven't seen you weigh in on this at all. I can only suspect this is because you know we fucked up and we'll continue to fuck up. The guy you voted for fucked us all. Deal with it.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #36
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
(aside from the thread title, which isn't so much a remark and is far more true than you care to believe)

that right there is why people respond back. when you make a claim like that, which by making that statement you are saying you beleive bush wants pakistan thus you know the governments intentions, which you said earlier.. lemmi find the quote to aviod confusion...
Quote:
I don't need to pretend to know their intentions.
now when a global polictical topic is brought up, something we have all grown up with over the past 5 years and all have emotions to it some way or another(or we wouldnt even borther posting ) we are all going to voice our opinion that we have. you cant say one thing, do another, then tell someone else they are the reason this mess is going on.

why is it so far fetched that among other things bush wants, finding osama is one of them? rob did bring up a good point about military business which i cannot disagree with, however i also beleive that we are asshole-ish enough to find a reason every 3-5 years to have a mini war and spend a few pennies on a probobly worthless endevor. however if he does capture osama it makes us happy, if we're happy then we dont question his intentions as much. if we had caught him like we drove sadam out of kwait 15 years ago then little trips into iraq or iran to control their way of gov't would be similar to how we got free reign on S. America in the 90's to carry out countless military operations.

im not saying thats whats going on, or will i pretend to, im just showing you the other side of the looking glass and how MAYBE just MAYBE when some information is put in front of bush's nose he'll read it and decide to act upon it at the right time. before when we wanted to get iraq the administration was reporting all these findings about sadams WMDs and whatnot, however now its other countries and most all news stations saying they beleive osama is in pakistan.. not a huge difference, but food for thought. dont think cause you have a little intuition you hit your conspiracy thoerys on the head every time

Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #37
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Now if you'd care to call the news source ridiculous...that's up to you. You'd be a dipshit...but it's still up to you.

CNN knows all? they are just like every other news source... sketchy at best. i have a feeling im misunderstanding what you said there cause it really sounds like your saying CNN reports the news exactly as it happens, and we need to not beleive another source. its riddled with misleading statements which can let the wandering mind beleive whatever it wants to

Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #38
Wren57

Thanks, Chris, for expressing my exact thoughts... I've grown tired of trying to make Steve pull his head from his ass, but you seem to still try. My hats off to ya...
Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #39
CD5Passion

Quote:
Do you really expect to be able to post a global political news story, make a ridiculous remark about it, and NOT expect some people to stand up for what they believe? Ridiculous...

Quote:
bush wants pakistan now
greeeeaaaaatttt......

somehow i think your views are what cause you to see this supposably "ridiculous remark" as more than it is.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #40
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD5Passion
somehow i think your views are what cause you to see this supposably "ridiculous remark" as more than it is.

you can use that same sentance on the view of bush wanting pakistan.. as i'll quote:

Quote:
President Bush said Wednesday he would order U.S. forces to go after Osama bin Laden inside Pakistan if he received good intelligence on the fugitive al Qaeda leader's location.

that dosnt seem like he wants it, seems like he's willing to go after him if he's there and we can confirm it.... you swung a little to the left, wren swung a little to the right... just callin it as i see it