::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
alpine3069

question on building a box

ok i have 4 12" comp vr's but i might only run 3. i want to build a wall behind my rear seat. how hard will this be and will it sound ok facing forward? and if you guys know of any sites that info on this let me know. thanxs
Old 03-20-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
alpine3069

ok nobody has any ideas for me?
Old 03-21-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
blind34_1

I dont think anyone understands what you want. It sounds like you are just trying to big a big ass box. But you have to consider airspace requirements. Most subs like around 1 cu or 1.25 cu of airspace in a 3/4 MDF box. What you could do is design something to where each sub has its own enclosure, but they could all be attached together somehow in your "wall".
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
LudeDude

if your us to boxes it will take some time for you to get use to the sound that your going to get from your speakers in a wall form... the easiest way to do this is to make a template out of cardboard that will fit your back seat, hole, then draw it out on wood....if this a first time for you it might take a couple of trys... your also going to have to seal off your trunk after you insert the wall ...use "GREATS STUFF" this is expandable foam that come out of a tube... you might want to think about how your going to hold this wall up??? the easiest way it to get 3' brakets with pre-drilled holes in them and self tapping srews so you can just bolt it to the fram of the back seat.... don't for get to run the wire first before you seal it off... good luck