::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

new parts

Well i got my new a/f ratio gauge in today. I know i don't really need if i run hondata, but it'll be nice anyway, and it looks trick. Next on my doorstep soon should be a boost gauge, and hopefully a gauge pod, and the apexi turbo timer.

the only thing is, i kinda regret getting the phantom series (autometer) because it doesn't illuminate at night so i probably should have spend the extra money for the lunar series.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

pro-comp ultralite series lights up at night too man....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

Got another new part today. Wish i could get a box everyday, it's like a christmas i pay for

anyway, it's my turbo timer. It's the apexi one, which i'm very familiar with since i installed one in my friend's wrx, only thing is, he had a harness, i don't. So the 3 wires comming off the connector will have to be cut and spliced into the ignition wires i'm assuming. So basically, do i have to run these wires into the ignition, or can i spice them into the wires off the ecu?

On the instructions, it says the red wire is a constant 12 volt (that's pretty self explanitory) then the blue is the IG2 output and the green is the IG1 output. The thing that gets me is i have two ecu diagrams (not using the apexi ones cause they suck) and i could only find one ignition wire for the ecu. So does this mean i have to search in my steering collum for which one will be the right wire?

Other thing is, will i be able to use the keyless entry on my car when the TT is engaged? otherwise is there a way to bypass it.

thanks arnel, since i know you're the one who's going to answer this post
Old 09-08-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by JDMFantasy2k
Got another new part today.........
thanks arnel, since i know you're the one who's going to answer this post

lol.....

Anyway, here's what you should do. First off, do not tap your turbo timer to the ECU. Use the ignition wires. So you'll need to undo the ignition cover and follow the wires. The wires will be thicker in gauge..... like an 8 gauge. Believe it or not, most JDM turbo timers have the same wiring sequence. Use this:
-red wire on timer to solid white wire on ignition
-blue wire on timer to solid yellow wire on ignition
-green wire on timer to black/yellow wire on ignition
-ground the black wire and you're done.

this is all you need for the basic function of the timer. my e-brake wire is not tapped in, along with the speedo wire. If you want to use it then go ahead. I just like the basic countdown feature.

If it doesnt work, switch the blue and green wire tap but I'm almost 100% that it will work the way I discussed it.

Later brotha....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
JDMFantasy2k

thanks man, works fine. The a/f feature on the timer was always a cool thing, but now that i have a gauge i realize how delayed that reading is..

can't wait to get my gauge pod and my boost gauge, then i can mount them and my car won't look like it's modified by white trash
Old 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #6
JDMFantasy2k

got a question about my turbo timer, i'm assuming there's a way to hook it up (or disconnect something else) so that i can use it with my keyless entry system right? Cause the only way for me to lock the car (when it's on timer mode) is to use the key, which downright sucks. any thoughts?
Old 09-10-2004, 03:35 AM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

Get an aftermarket keyless/alarm system. There is way to bypass it but I'm not sure how it can be done. It's basically a safety feature by Honda to make sure that you dont lock your keys inside your car while the car is running.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 09-10-2004, 05:36 AM   #8
JDMFantasy2k

think the boys on honda tech might know? (i probably should have created an account there a long time ago:o )
Old 09-10-2004, 12:11 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

I stickied a thread on "step by step" forum about an alarm and turbo timer. I was not the originator of the thread. It might give you some ideas. I wouldnt know anything about that since both mine have a time delay on my alarm/keyless.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum