::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2002, 08:19 PM   #1
Incubus

Neon *wannabe* racer pulls cheap shot

Alright, I don't really have many exciting kill stories except for this one.
I got off work one saturday night at 10:30, was cruisin' to Disneyland to pick up my girl from work. I'm about a mile from Disneyland goin' down Harbor Blvd. (fairly busy street) and I'm rollin' from a stop light and this dude in a black neon rolls next to me (fly by). As he's rollin by he throws a rev so I can hear his nasty sounding exhaust challenge my sweeter sounding Integra.
We're still rolling down the street, I pull next to him and I drop into second at about 20 mph (not the best torque/power at that RPM range). I'm pullin ahead of him despite the lack of power at that gear at that speed. Nothing too exciting though, just slow acceleration but I was still pulling ahead! By end of second gear, I was pulling hard away but we hit a light so I wasn't too far ahead.
Light turns green and we launch...........I'm pullin away with a fat grin on my face as I hear his nasty exhaust note straining to keep up. I let off the gas at 80 mph as my car was roaring and there's alot of cops around Disneyland so I didn't really want to get a ticket smoking this monkey.
I let off at 80 mph and he keeps going, pulls ahead of me to get in front of me at the left turn lane. There's a car in front of me and he's in front of that car at the red light at the turn lane. We go, he's front in line at the stop, so he guns it but I'm behind a car who's going slow so I had to finish the turn before passing. I roll up on him about a 1/4 mile down the road (not racing though) and as I'm pullin' up, he flashes his hazards, rolls his windows down and said he just smoked my shitty honda with his american muscle power! I just laughed at his face but the thought of him thinking he won kinda pissed me off because I beat him twice when we were actually racing, and as I'm just cruisin' again, he dicides it's a race. Oh well, I see him at my school (by coincidence) and I always hit him up to race, but he won't do it now! Maybe because he knows he can't win in a real race?
LOL, oh well, I know I smoked his ass, that's all that matters! (and my car sounds better and looks better!)
Old 02-13-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
juvenile

I hate people who do that kind of shit! They just piss the hell out of me
It's a good thing that you really know what the results are!
Nice kills!
Old 02-13-2002, 08:58 PM   #3
Incubus

Oh yeah, I just laugh when I see him cause I always hit him up as he's dropping off his chick at school, so he doesn't wanna be embarassed!
I usually never flash my hazards when I win, I know I won, I don't need to rub it in someone's face, but if they know it's just for fun, like with my friends, then I flash my hazards.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
SiSpeed2000

nice kill....you gotta love the peeps that are so damn jealous of an import...
Old 02-20-2002, 02:05 AM   #5
SlikVic

Nice story

I am new to the racing world.
I have a 1.6L Civic Hatch, how could i get the most HP out of it, what if FI?, would an intake do anything? Should i get headers and exaust at the sametime?

I need your knowledge.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2002, 02:37 AM   #6
Maxvla

that neons motor was probably built overseas... lol.
im not sure about dodge/chrysler but ford builds some of theirs overseas.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:39 AM   #7
Maxvla

SlikVic... try your post in the Civic forum... there's alot more traffic in there.

>>Later>>
Old 02-20-2002, 10:22 PM   #8
Incubus

I'd recommend getting headers and exhaust at the same time, since exhaust without headers doesn't really do much becauseyou still have the stock headers as a bottle neck.

I don't race people on the streets very often, because I don't want to get a ticket, but sometimes a punk just needs to be put in his place!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 09:38 PM   #9
Incubus

Quote:
lol

i'd call him an asshole

But of course!!!
Old 02-24-2002, 09:43 PM   #10
Niacin

A Neon is American muscle now?

Max
Old 02-25-2002, 01:55 AM   #11
Incubus

Yeah, according to him I guess he thinks because he's got an intake and exhaust and an ugly body kit his neon is now a muscle car.
Oh well, the guy is just an idiot anyway...............he did the whole "I know I can't beat you in a real race so I'm gonna weave in and out of traffic dangerously to try and impress you with my death wish style of driving"
Old 02-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #12
juvenile

LOL
I weave in and out of traffic at times!
Old 02-26-2002, 06:51 PM   #13
Incubus

Me too, but it's usually only when I know I can't win and I wanna intimidate him with my reckless/dangerous driving tactics..........actually I totally pissed off this old guy in a Land Rover the other day.
He was behind me at the light and I was first up.......light turns green and before I can even start rolling, he honks at me to go....that kinda pissed me off so of course I drove all slow until he got sick of my BS and switched lanes, as soon as he switched lanes I gunned it and took off, he had to get back in my lane and he started weaving in his heavy ass Land Rover and he almost broadsided me......at the next light he was all yelling at me......he called me a "pathetic moron" so I said "Takes one to know one!".....he didn't really know how to respond to that so he rolled up his window and flipped me the friendly bird, I just laughed because he almost crashed trying to get in front of me but he never realized he'll NEVER out maneuver a Teg, especially one with a lot of suspension mods!!!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 07:33 PM   #14
juvenile

what's up with people with BIG cars thinking they're all that?
Old 02-27-2002, 07:36 PM   #15
Incubus

They think that since they have an american car, any american car, they can automatically beat the wind up toy hondas!

All of the people I know who are into american cars call hondas wind up toys.....they have no respect for them.......then I take them for a spin in my blue rocket and they change their tune every time. The funny thing is that they admit to having never been able to go much over 100 MPH in an american car because the handling gets even worse at high speeds, while my car just squats down lower and flies down the highway, hugging the road, taking the turns nice and tight!!!

I usually also have to explain to them the weight factor involved with cars.....you can have all the horsepower in the world, but if the car is too fat and has an inefficient drivetrain, it won't accelerate very fast, which is why hondas can go toe to toe with muscle cars, because they are efficient, better tuned, and lighter weight!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:17 AM   #16
NissanRacer

There is a TURBO charged Neon(SRT-4) coming out next year. It is going to have 205Hp stock(0-60 in 5.9) and is sub 20,000. That car looks pretty phat. I would even take one of those seriously.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:55 PM   #17
Incubus

I would probably spring for the WRX if I wanted factory turbo, but since you said sub $20K I'd go for the VW GTI instead.
My grandma drives a Neon, I'd feel wierd driving one too.

Not to put those cars down, when I went to Spain we rented a Neon and those cars are pretty nice.....except over in Europe they're not Dodge Neons, they are Plymouth Neons