::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2002, 10:07 AM   #1
mark2002

Buying a prelude now...?

Would it be wise to buy a Prelude now that they will not be making them anymore? I'm thinking of getting like a 92 or 93 Prelude, but I don't want to end up paying a crap load of money for parts just because they don't make the car anymore..can anyone give me some advice?
Old 03-05-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Dosferatu

I don't think you're going to see any drop in the amount of available parts for awhile mark2002. The prices will probably be about the same for a few years.

I'm just really upset that they are not going to be making the prelude anymore. And I can't stand that coupe they are replacing it with. What the @$&*! is Honda thinking? Do they think that people who liked the preludes are going to like this coupe? I haven't had the time to really check one out, but aren't they like $8-10 thousand more in price?

The Preludes are realllllllly nice cars and much more affordable. I was looking at the new ones last year and fell in love. That has been my dream car for over a year now. I've been saving towards it. Now what do I do? I sure as hell can't afford one of these coupes. And they're 2 door cars anyway. Where am I going to throw my Burger King wrappers? In my opinion, Honda is really shooting itself in the foot. I think we'll see the return of the Prelude in a few years. Go ahead and buy your car!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:03 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

IMHO, Honda should be supporting that car well into the future. You bring up a good point though... I don't know if you would have to pay more for the parts.

If you do buy one though, go ahead and get a 4th gen. They're my fav

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote