.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
solanog

Problem with Auto Transmission Accord V6(News 10/3/05)

My mother's 2001 Accord's transmission is working a little weird. When upshifiting you can say it is O.K but when going slow and flooring the gas it doesn't do the downshift inmediately but after a little hesitation so it is a little rough. What could this be, it only has 38 000km (around 23500-24000 miles), could it be that it needs a transmission oil change? Or some adjustment?

Last edited by solanog : 10-04-2005 at 10:31 AM.
solanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
strikingaccord
1st Gear

Pull the tranny dipstick. Is the fluid low or dirty?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #3
Leets
2nd Gear

this seems to be a common problem with Honda automatics my 2001 and up when they started building their own trannies. I'm not positive about why they go out, but honda's standard procedure is to replace the entire transmission.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

my 92 does the same thing. a flush/refill and the ecu reset will cure the problem

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
solanog

Quote:
Originally posted by Leets
this seems to be a common problem with Honda automatics my 2001 and up when they started building their own trannies. I'm not positive about why they go out, but honda's standard procedure is to replace the entire transmission.

C'mon with less than 24,000 miles could it be screwed? It hasn't even been driven hard, is my Mom's car!
I'll check the fluid tonight. Should it be with the engine running, hot or cold, in P or in N?

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
my 92 does the same thing. a flush/refill and the ecu reset will cure the problem

How often do you do this fluid change? Can the ECU be reseted easily in a 2001? How? What kind of fluid does this trans uses?

Last edited by solanog : 06-22-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
solanog

I renewed the fluid with Honda fluid brought from the dealer. The problem is still bothering. Takes long for the transmission to upshift and when downshifting to second gear it takes more than expected (short time) and when it does it it is very rough it sometimes even screeches the tires.
How can de ECU be resetted? Special tools required?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
solanog

Since the problems persisted we took the car to the dealer (40 001 km = 24 860miles) they checked it and diagnosed a faulty transmission. They consulted with Honda and decided to fix it under warranty. This was back in August. Last friday (9/30/05) the dealer gave us a call letting us know that the new transmission had arrived and asking us to take the car to them the tranny swap to be done. Great news.
Now, do you know if this new transmission is a revised version or is this the same POS and probably in the next 20 000 miles it will fail again? How can you tell?