::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Wren57

Post 9/11; what would you do?

This is mainly directed at Steve. I have found that most of your posts deal with nay-saying and second guessing, but none really provide a thorough, detailed alternative of what YOU think should be done; you just say that what is being done is stupid. So, being that you disagree with the course of action this country has taken in the war on terror post 9/11, I ask this;

Go back to 9/12/01. Knowing what you know then, not what you know now, what would you have done?

Last edited by Wren57 : 01-16-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Joy of joys. I get to respond to a post directed at me. I personally would've done exactly what we did...at first. I would've gone into Afghanistan, fucked up everyone's christmas who had a part in it, then left. On the way home I would've patted myself on the back for a job well done and I would've been bummed that we didn't get Bin Laden. Well...everything except that last part. I think we should've looked harder and sooner for Bin Laden or even taken him out much earlier since we knew who he was, what he was doing, and where he was doing it. That's where it would've stopped for me. It's hard to hold governments of terrorist home countries liable unless there's very direct evidence that they aided the terrorists in any way. The arguement can be made...but it's awefully hard to get the rest of the world on board when you want to invade Yemen. That's it. No Iraq, no Lybia, no Syria.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
Wren57

Fair enough, but that isn't the only thing that happened in that area. What would you have done regarding Iraq's violation of UN sanctions?

side note- I have a friend who was in Afghanistan; he said they watched Bin Laden take off in a plane because they couldn't cross Pakistani borders.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Fair enough, but that isn't the only thing that happened in that area. What would you have done regarding Iraq's violation of UN sanctions?

Well...they're U.N. sanctions, so I'd let the U.N. decide what to do. If they were violating U.S. sanctions that everyone was behind, that's different. But we didn't even give the U.N. a say in it. Well...nothing besides lip service anyway. We basically said "we respect your decision...but fuck you". Why be part of the U.N. if we're just going to do our own thing anyway?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #5
IALuder

lol, why are we apart of the UN? so far i agree with what GT40 has said. we knew who was behind the attacks directly. who made everythign possible. bin ladin. i would i have put a force on all boarders and walked to the center. he would not have gotten out dead or alive. then i would be happy and come home. i would then ask iraq iran and the rest if they had a part, sent the un to look around. in all countries not just one. then made my decision.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Violent Apathy

Just dump a bunch of nukes in the whole area in general, problem solved.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
IALuder

^i like that idea.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote