User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 08:22 AM   #1
ford50forlife
4th Gear

88 cherokee 4.0L vs. H22a prelude

heh just thought id post this as being the funniest race ive ever had, when i was at porter and chester and putting together my pink *****, we had a new semester with new faces, one of them being a die hard honda fan with a 2K prelude sh. (ive seen the kid ahead of time, and been in his car... he cant drive for shit and the car has no low end till 30mph in first), list of mods include cam gears, butterfly bypass, intake dc header exhaust no cats, and a venom comp shooting a piddly 25 shot with like a 20lb bottle , well i hear day in and day out about smoking m3's mustangs and any other car on the road, so i finally say "dude stfu and race me in my 88 cherokee" after a round of laughter had by all, including teacher, i kept poking at him until the end of the day came and we had his brother and my freind gabe stop traffic in front of school and my teacher come out and flag us, brake torqued it to 1200 and BOOM 225ft lbs at 1200rpm launched the ***** by 2 full cars to 20 LOFL. ratcheted 2nd (in an auto ) and chirped 2nd and looked behind i got 2 1/2 cars on him. i look to the right the whole schools in shock. double gas 3rd at 60 and he starts yanking a bit, 80 comes and the lights red up ahead (this being a main road and i shut down) to hear wwwwWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE while he blows the red light and some flashers put on, but its too late, go back and get some props when MIKE arrived hes like WTF I BEAT YOU! and we did it again from a farther away light with the same results but at 80 he still had a full car to make up and this time couldnt
now as the car stands he blew the motor once he got mad that the jeep rolled on him adn upped the shot to 150 . now its rebuilt and has got reinforced bottom end with 2 tanks of nos and a bunch of goodies, but he was so anxious to own my mustang when it was done that the motor is in bad shape because he was always practicing and ripping on it with like 500 miles on the new motor and needs to be redone again LOFL
you can check this on my site
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=242956&page=4

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 11-06-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Is that kid stupid? 150 shot on stock internals? What a fuggin retard.

Glad you taught that idiot a lesson.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

a 150 shot on a stock engine ? wtf ?

Old 11-06-2002, 10:54 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

jeeze... he needs to learn to respect his car and how to drive!

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:52 PM   #5
a96710

LOL
Old 11-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #6
blind34_1

ah..the ricer flyby. and he has the nerve to say he beat you. what an idiot. You shoulda measured out a 1/4 mile, and kept it safe.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:29 PM   #7
VR4_Craver
Banned

Re: 88 cherokee 4.0L vs. H22a prelude

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
[b] my teacher come out and flag us

Your teacher? Man that would be cool if my school allowed racing....
Old 11-06-2002, 04:30 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

you in HS or college?...:o

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 11-06-2002, 04:31 PM   #9
mt.biker

i'm sure its an interesting story but its so poorly written i was unable to read it

Old 11-06-2002, 04:34 PM   #10
Kyle
elyK

lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 11-13-2002, 09:11 PM   #11
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
you in HS or college?...:o

I dont know who your talking to but i am A junior in HS right now.....
Old 11-13-2002, 11:30 PM   #12
ford50forlife
4th Gear

dude i think he meant me but i WAS in technical school.... but i graduated

Old 11-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #13
veX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

i'm sure its an interesting story but its so poorly written i was unable to read it

I love hypocrites...

Old 11-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #14
veX

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
jeeze... he needs to learn to respect his car and how to drive!

WR0NG! WE NEED IDIOTS TO SPEND MONEY!

Old 11-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

just thinkign... if he really was running a 150 shot.. he would be in the deep 13's for sure. a 75 shot will take a whole second off my time.

Old 11-24-2002, 04:19 PM   #16
ford50forlife
4th Gear

yes he would run that if he didnt blow it, but the venom wasnt set for it cause he didnt think hed need more than 25 shot for a 88 cherokee, oh well his loss, i LOVE ALL THIS FREAKING TECHNOLOGY IN THAT CAR , and i just rolled up in a 88 cherokee with filter, muffler, and msd and did this, its just a pure humor race i mean i musta gotten like the reaction time, rollout time, EVERYTHING in my favor cause he looked SOOOOO bad

Old 11-24-2002, 07:28 PM   #17
juvenile

Yeah, the ludes are still pretty quick, and even with a few mods should have beaten you. Maybe you're a good driver and he sucks?

Old 11-24-2002, 07:35 PM   #18
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

theres no question in my mind that a car geared for speed will beat a truck geared for power. i toasted 4.0 jeeps in my old prelude S with 135hp 142tq.

Old 11-24-2002, 07:41 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
yes he would run that if he didnt blow it, but the venom wasnt set for it cause he didnt think hed need more than 25 shot for a 88 cherokee, oh well his loss, i LOVE ALL THIS FREAKING TECHNOLOGY IN THAT CAR , and i just rolled up in a 88 cherokee with filter, muffler, and msd and did this, its just a pure humor race i mean i musta gotten like the reaction time, rollout time, EVERYTHING in my favor cause he looked SOOOOO bad

HAHA.. i konw exactly what happened to his engine! that venom advanced his timing, then he sprays... wow that kid dosnt deserve a h22

Old 11-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #20
veX

Quote:
wow that kid dosnt deserve a h22

Hey **** it. Mommy and daddy will chip in for his $tupidity...

Old 11-25-2002, 04:42 PM   #21
ford50forlife
4th Gear

i dont ask question, maybe you do lofl, id love to run you in your prelude though if you werent so far away ive also run toe to toe with a 96 maxima in it to 90mph, and my boys 5.0 gt before he got his cobra around some turns (yes thats the only way i could keep up), but i mean we always used to go foot to the floor in this 1 mile course to his house from my other freinds and 2 times i got up along side of him UP A ****ING HILL! no lie, but one was because he missed a gear, he was still LIKE I CANT LOSE YOU!
but its also because its had 25K on it then and 35K during the prelude race, and it was well maintained.

Old 11-25-2002, 04:44 PM   #22
ford50forlife
4th Gear

ask aj1978ta here on the forum about my race with his 1978 trans am 400 from a 55mph roll LOFL WITH ANOTHER PERSON AND MUSTANG PARTS IN THE BACK i just find it funny, like i said its pure humor races and i usually do good in them, i HAVE lost to a stock saturn on the highway before, a stock ex civic i couldnt real in IN TIME and pass on the highway, and some others.... but overall im happy, cause if i dont beat you onroad you a gonna offroad. ask vex about the offroad capabilities of the jeep LOFL

Last edited by ford50forlife : 11-25-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:54 PM   #23
ford50forlife
4th Gear

4.0's

Quote:
theres no question in my mind that a car geared for speed will beat a truck geared for power. i toasted 4.0 jeeps in my old prelude S with 135hp 142tq.

No doubt its "possible" to easily dust a truck not made for speed but its ****ING HARD AT LEAST when you got 225 ft lbs at a leisurly 1200rpms bro, couple quick questions because i find it hard that someone would line up with a car if they werent crazy like me

1. Was this at a light, or was it a actually illegal street drag where the other party KNEW YOU WERE GONNA FLOOR IT, LOL

2. WAs the jeep modded if it WAS a actually DEAD STOP RACE?

3. DID you get the rollout time (look that up cause thats why i win so much cause i like to shallow stage and give opponent what looks like a little lead), reaction time, traction advantage, that would cause a win?

4. IF ALL ELSE FAILS WAS THE FOOL BRAKE TORQUING THE JEEP TO GAIN 1 SECOND OFF 1/4 MILE ET???

P.S. yes a NEW prelude would dust me with a decent idiot driving and a one like yours too, but ive had NOOOOOOOOOOO problems with S's ever because i used to got toe to toe with gsr's to whatever midway through there 3rd is when they pulled me, i used to race imports alot when i had this pile, not because i was a hater, but because thats the only crowd i standed a chance against

Last edited by ford50forlife : 11-25-2002 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:01 PM   #24
AJ1978TA

I'll tell you right now, Ford50's jeep WILL own you. My pos car, running 16.0 best with the setup I ran him with, from a 55 punch, was dead even till 90ish. My car stock could take rice cause of it's torque. Down low, off the line, it would have been a slaughterhouse, but the jeep was enough to give my pitiful stock smogger a run from a roll. The prelude with less than 140 HP WILL NEVER BEAT FORD50's JEEP, TRUST ME. We have done a LOT of runs in it. It can't lose dude. An old prelude runs about 17s/18s....Ford50's jeep is a strong runner. It's pretty quick LOL.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:03 AM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: 4.0's

Quote:
P.S. yes a NEW prelude would dust me with a decent idiot driving and a one like yours too, but ive had NOOOOOOOOOOO problems with S's ever because i used to got toe to toe with gsr's to whatever midway through there 3rd is when they pulled me, i used to race imports alot when i had this pile, not because i was a hater, but because thats the only crowd i standed a chance against

nice... im not doubting you beat prelude S's they are a very beatable car, ive beaten a handfull of 4.0 jeeps, v8 grand cherokees and even a 4 door gsr back with my old lude. i know how tourqy that 4.0 is though, my dads got that in his grand cherokee, and that thing is heavy. i'd say you would have more of a chance against a prelude SS (automatic sport-shift). they are dogs.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:15 AM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ1978TA
I'll tell you right now, Ford50's jeep WILL own you. My pos car, running 16.0 best with the setup I ran him with, from a 55 punch, was dead even till 90ish. My car stock could take rice cause of it's torque. Down low, off the line, it would have been a slaughterhouse, but the jeep was enough to give my pitiful stock smogger a run from a roll. The prelude with less than 140 HP WILL NEVER BEAT FORD50's JEEP, TRUST ME. We have done a LOT of runs in it. It can't lose dude. An old prelude runs about 17s/18s....Ford50's jeep is a strong runner. It's pretty quick LOL.

dude... 17's/18's in a lude? i dont even think 1st gen preludes ran that slow. my car does 14.9 stock. i SCREAM top end. off the line will be the best race, after that... im going to pull... and fast. it is FWD and lower tq, but its manual, which can be launched better than the best power braking. build that tranny to launch and its a different story. i can launch it on cement though, the drag surface owns my tires and engine mounts(wheel hop). the 2 just dont like each other. im not gonna say well i beat a 14.3 secodn car on the street so i run faster than that though, i will tell you, i run a 15.0@96.5mph by my trap speed you can see i cannot get off the line, i have the worst wheel hop in the world cause of my 17s(refer to my other post to why) you can say that a 140hp prelude wont loose, but dude... i owned one, and i beat 4.0 jeeps. i do not doubt he can beat preludes at all, dont take me as a person who says magazine X says this and magazine Y says that so this cannot happen, because i know more than anyone its all about the driver. my times suck cause im not good at launching my car on the track.you ran daed even with him and you run 16.0's i REALLY dont wana contradict myself with the difference between stree/strip but people can get the prelude s's down into the 15's(15.8-.9) with intake and exaust(what i had) just want you to know it IS possible. there is no BS flags on your story, i just wana set this strait. a 4.0 jeep vs a stock prelude S i will say is a good race, considering its 5spd. if its a autmoatic prelude... hands down, jeep.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:01 PM   #27
ford50forlife
4th Gear

4.0's vs. ludes :)

thats cool bro no harsh feeling i hear you on the driver part too but why is that you can believe i can run with a prelude S 200hp 156 tq and not a 135 hp and 142 tq car LOFL?? 5spd dont make up for 65 hp i ASSURE YOU lol, but the older s's i see at the track (THE ONES WITH 4 WHEEL STEERING RIGHT HATS THE ONE YOU TALKING ABOUT????) and boltons will never break outta mid 16's but from mid 17's stock like my jeep its pretty cool gain

Last edited by ford50forlife : 11-26-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:02 PM   #28
ford50forlife
4th Gear

you still havent answered about the lining up with the cherokee though where was it on the street at a light or an actual illegal street drag? LOL

btw it sucks running slower than stock but your mph isnt that bad maybe i would see mid 14's from you but no more.... good for bolton right oh and its weird though i just remembered mike in the prelude did 14.3 with a 50 shot, so i really dont see how i beat him, but oh well, it was funny though now that i remember the DEL SOL race because HE was in the car and couldnt believe i won, im like DUDE its a del sol LOL just to piss him off

Last edited by ford50forlife : 11-26-2002 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:58 PM   #29
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
you still havent answered about the lining up with the cherokee though where was it on the street at a light or an actual illegal street drag? LOL

btw it sucks running slower than stock but your mph isnt that bad maybe i would see mid 14's from you but no more.... good for bolton right oh and its weird though i just remembered mike in the prelude did 14.3 with a 50 shot, so i really dont see how i beat him, but oh well, it was funny though now that i remember the DEL SOL race because HE was in the car and couldnt believe i won, im like DUDE its a del sol LOL just to piss him off

oh sorry, it was at a stoplight.

i never ran my S, im going on what times people have posted up as an average time that people run. and yeah, im running stock times but with quite a few bolt ons... not happy with that. i blame is on my lack of track experience, not the car.

Old 11-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #30
ford50forlife
4th Gear

thats cool man, i say your next mod would be a set of cheap 15's with some m/t small tire slicks for just track runs only, maybe youd see a 13 outta it too i wouldnt doubt considering you could dump it AWD turbo style that is of course if you dont break some halfshafts in the processs :o

Usually at a stoplight too, its all ****ed up the times because You dont got the slip to see reaction time, rollout time, trap speed, and et, but a kills a kill HELL I BEAT A 13.1 SUBURU AT THE TRACK BECAUSE I GOT BETTER REACTION TIME AND I CROSSED THE LINE FIRST BY A CAR WHILE HE WON!!! lofl but my mph was higher i woulda caught the ***** anyway 6K+ in an awd turbo to run with a 500 bolton car LOFL i love it

Old 11-28-2002, 02:52 PM   #31
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
thats cool man, i say your next mod would be a set of cheap 15's with some m/t small tire slicks for just track runs only, maybe youd see a 13 outta it too i wouldnt doubt considering you could dump it AWD turbo style that is of course if you dont break some halfshafts in the processs :o

Usually at a stoplight too, its all ****ed up the times because You dont got the slip to see reaction time, rollout time, trap speed, and et, but a kills a kill HELL I BEAT A 13.1 SUBURU AT THE TRACK BECAUSE I GOT BETTER REACTION TIME AND I CROSSED THE LINE FIRST BY A CAR WHILE HE WON!!! lofl but my mph was higher i woulda caught the ***** anyway 6K+ in an awd turbo to run with a 500 bolton car LOFL i love it

yeah WRX's are nuts... but i wana see him be able to do those 6k launches in a year... with the same transfer case. i think my next mod will be some drag radials on my 15' accord rims sitting in my garage.

Old 11-28-2002, 07:54 PM   #32
ford50forlife
4th Gear

be sure to post the times....

Old 12-08-2002, 10:20 PM   #33
rabbit

your teacher flagged you. what ever. 88 box of s.... dude know way you beat a prelude with all the work done. we can all tell your in high school because you tell high school stories. save them for luch time. and save everybody elses time who enjoy this site from having to weed throgh post like this.

or is this just a joke?

Old 12-08-2002, 10:42 PM   #34
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by rabbit
your teacher flagged you. what ever. 88 box of s.... dude know way you beat a prelude with all the work done. we can all tell your in high school because you tell high school stories. save them for luch time. and save everybody elses time who enjoy this site from having to weed throgh post like this.

or is this just a joke?

I dont know whether to shout facts at you, or to leave you and your RABBIT be..... Fact is on the STREET rollout time (shallow stage an opponent), reaction time, traction, and driving all affect the elapsed time of a vehicle, me having the advantage of all of the above combined with crappy driving onthe others part = domination X2, BTW THIS IS TECHNICAL SCHOOL SON, A PLACE TO LEARN TO BUILD VEHICLES... go back to your import tuner magazine, see you in the rear view

me ill just keep making shit up as i wake up each morning to entertain the world and waste my precious time, your PRELUDE HAS GOT 156 MEASLY POUND FEET OF TORQUE AT A STRATOSPHERIC 5,600 RPMS WHILE I WAS WAXING HIM DOWN LOW WITH THE 225ft lbs i make from 1200rpms to 3000 and im also MODDED, the race was only to 80.. im done with you go back home troll

Last edited by ford50forlife : 12-08-2002 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:49 PM   #35
rabbit

sorry but i would never pick up a import tunner. and a rabbit is a german car. i have 83 rabbit with a 1.8 16v motor with more tq than hp. what exactly is your jeeps specs? and its a auto tranny?
hhmmmm

Old 12-08-2002, 11:04 PM   #36
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
sorry but i would never pick up a import tunner. and a rabbit is a german car. i have 83 rabbit with a 1.8 16v motor with more tq than hp. what exactly is your jeeps specs? and its a auto tranny?
hhmmmm

You would never pick up a import tuner, Y a german car is a domestic i take it? Dude i bet your like 16 right? dont even ask for mods, times, just throw bs flags eh?

you know what OBVIOUSLY IF YOUR SO HIGHLY SURE ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THIS RACE AHEAD OF TIME, YOU SHOULD BE WELL AWAY OF BOTH CARS STATS ANY WAY... and its not the hp that matter, mine being about 200 its the 4.88's i got in the ***** stock that count, i ****ing tach 1st gear out at like 29mph..... that combined with torque available down low, equal slaughterhouse

But dont worry you can go to my many OTHER races to and call bs, too THEY ALL DIDNT HAPPEN remember that i mean SHIT! i would never amount to anything compared to german engineering. i mean considering you were prodding my mustang RACE WITH THE s4 TOO! shit kid open your eyes there are other posibilities... HELL I GOT MY MUSTANG TO DROP 1/10ths of a second off the 1/4 mile for free i got it to go like .4 seconds quicker just from free mods... whos to say the JEEP DONT GOT ANY EITHER, and considering the race weight of a lude is about 3200lbs and the jeep is a no power options wonder and tips the scales at about 3590lbs with fuel and driver its not that far off in the weight department either

dont worry though keep trolling its your loss come race time from your lack of knowledge of anything other than german cars and assumptions.... :o see ya in the rear view

Old 12-08-2002, 11:18 PM   #37
rabbit

actually im the same age of you, even same birthday, jan 27 83.
and going to tech school. wierd. dont get me wrong i like import cars, and i say import because the asain car market kind of took the name, thats why i refer to mine as german. i have a friend with a really nice 300zx twin turbo so im not real bias but the numbers are obvious a prelude with that stuff and against your jeep that has about 200 hp and tq is just not realistic. your jeep was not made to be a drag car but a 4x4. im quessing 0-60 is some where around 10 seconds. you know how many reviews there are on your car on the web where you can look up stuff, specs and times, come on, prelude with that suff. and to the s4 can you say twin turbo.. awd... and n/a.... come on. so your jeep runs sub 15s at least then... right, what ever.

Old 12-08-2002, 11:23 PM   #38
rabbit

and to the mag, thats why they make euro tuner, and golf, and performance vw. but you know that.

Old 12-09-2002, 07:37 AM   #39
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
actually im the same age of you, even same birthday, jan 27 83.
and going to tech school. wierd.

Now that's funny. You sure you aren't the same person (split personality).
Old 12-09-2002, 08:11 AM   #40
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
im quessing 0-60 is some where around 10 seconds.

thats where you are wrong .... assumptions

Closed Thread