User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 12:55 AM   #1
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Del Sol gobbles another stang

I was on my way back from picking up some grocieries tonight. I pull up to a light and this kid, probably about 20 in a white mustang LX 5.0 pulls up next to me and starts revving and staring. He pointed at my car and started laughing as to make fun of an import that was decked out. I revved just enough so he could hear the blow off valve and the hiss of the turbo. He laughed more, as if he had never heard a turbo car before.

So the light turns green and we go. He got the jump on me until the turbo started spooling. I passed him at about 20mph and kept pulling ahead all the way up to around 100mph. Well we kept going to the next stoplight (about 1/2 mile) and stopped at a red. I must have spanked him by about 4-5 car lengths. My car is pushing 6psi on a SOHC Vtec 1.6. I usually run about 9-10psi but decided to give the car a little break.

We pulled into a bank parking lot because he was waving me on. First he starts asking questions about my car, so I popped the hood. He was scratching his head in disbelief that I had wasted him.

Turns out he had the usual 5.0 mods on his car. Centerforce clutch, dual flowmasters with an H pipe, bf goodrich drag radials, k&n filter... etc...

I guess I taught him to laugh at imports...

Old 09-23-2002, 06:57 AM   #2
juvenile

cool...nice kill :nod:
how much did it cost you to hook up the whole car?

Old 09-23-2002, 07:08 AM   #3
SVT Cobra

only 4-5 car lengthes on a 14 second car?
i thought you said ur car is fast.

what do u think it does in the 1/4?

Old 09-23-2002, 07:44 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra

he said he wasn't boosting the usual 9-10 PSI.

btw nice race

Old 09-23-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I only paid 4500 for the car and I don't even want to add up all the receipts. I would guess around 10-12K into it though.

And yes SVT, I wasn't pushing my car to it's fullest. I probably would have beat him by 10 car lengths had I been boosting at 10psi.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:07 PM   #6
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
I only paid 4500 for the car and I don't even want to add up all the receipts. I would guess around 10-12K into it though.

And yes SVT, I wasn't pushing my car to it's fullest. I probably would have beat him by 10 car lengths had I been boosting at 10psi.
oic that's cool
you got any pics of your car?

Old 09-23-2002, 03:04 PM   #7
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Here are a few pics from the Import Mega Show at McCormick place saturday night..

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/Vi...=7&param=84115

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/Vi...18&param=64950

and one from the driveway..

Old 09-23-2002, 03:06 PM   #8
juvenile

wow...that looks very good!

Old 09-23-2002, 03:30 PM   #9
crx swap

thats a tight ass Sol bro...very nice

Old 09-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #10
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Thanks once again for the compliments. The body kit is going in favor of a Mugen Civic front lip, some new side skirts and a rear add on. Also a modified civic hatch spoiler is making it's way on to the trunk lid. I'll post pics in a few weeks when it's done.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #11
ShEaNy

nice kill man...sweet car
Old 09-23-2002, 07:03 PM   #12
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

If im not mistaken that 5.0 is classified as a V8. Now tell me SVT why wont you down the Del Sol and doubt that it won like you would do anyother car that beats a V8. You were the one never to understand why people "try" to make a 4 banger beat a V8?
Old 09-23-2002, 07:06 PM   #13
OPAKRACING

Yes! I live for these kind of kills!

Old 09-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #14
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver

If im not mistaken that 5.0 is classified as a V8. Now tell me SVT why wont you down the Del Sol and doubt that it won like you would do anyother car that beats a V8. You were the one never to understand why people "try" to make a 4 banger beat a V8?
now why do you wanna go and get me started??
i don't doubt he beat the old fox body. they arent fast. i was just asking how fast his car is? he obviously likes to brag about it, so i was just wondering.

i dont have to down the del sol. the pics down itself.
how can a man drive that car with dignity? no offense but that car leads the gay rights parade....

Old 09-23-2002, 07:16 PM   #15
OPAKRACING

OMG dude! you needa back off, lol, if you don't have anything good to say...GO AWAY! man! can these moderators ban people...?

Old 09-23-2002, 07:17 PM   #16
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Again, wise comments from an even wiser man.. NOT

Get a life SVT, you don't hear us trashing you because you drive a Mustang and we would appreciate the same courtesy from you in return.

You don't like my car, obviously. You don't like imports. So go back to the Mustang forums from which you came and enjoy hanging with your own kind. I swear it's people like you that make the world a not so enjoyable place to live in. Those phony people that have big balls when they are hiding behind a screen name.

Do us all a favor and go away. Obviously from the comments on this board so far people do like the way my car looks and they can appreciate the amount of mods/money that are into it. You can't, again why are you on a honda forum?
Old 09-23-2002, 07:20 PM   #17
OPAKRACING

Sounds dimilar to what i said yesturday huh STV?

I like your car a lot delsol!

its the sikest lookn car! I don't usually like delsols, but yours in an exceptions

Old 09-23-2002, 07:24 PM   #18
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Sounds dimilar to what i said yesturday huh STV?

I like your car a lot delsol!

its the sikest lookn car! I don't usually like delsols, but yours in an exceptions

first it was "windy," now just look at your spelling. no wonder why you didn't understand me yesterday.

and pissing you guys off is entertaining. oh and i ALWAYS tell people their car sucks to their face. ive been followed because of it. this kid in an eclipse changed his mind when i got in his face.

damn, for 12k id be running high 9's.

Old 09-23-2002, 07:27 PM   #19
OPAKRACING

not on a CURVEY road oh wait, i forgot, mustanges are extremely one sided.

Old 09-23-2002, 08:08 PM   #20
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Guys, grow the hell up. SVT didn't say jack until he got put down.

Let's try to act a little mature so this thread can stay open

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 09-23-2002, 08:11 PM   #21
OPAKRACING

umm...

"...i thought you said ur car is fast."
----SVT

he said this before anyone said anything bad about him.

Old 09-23-2002, 08:14 PM   #22
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
no offense but that car leads the gay rights parade....

SVT, Dude, you need to leave........

delsol....sweet ride!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:36 PM   #23
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Thanks again guys. I am happy with what I'm driving and my self esteem and confidence in my car is high enough that I don't have to go around bashing other people's cars to shite. I am a moderator on a message board and I ban people who were repeatedly warned about stuff like this guy. I mean he has nothing of substance to add to any conversation what so ever. All he does is come in here trashing import cars. I don't understand why he is allowed to do so on a daily basis?

Someone please answer that for me? Why is a Mustang driver allowed to remain on a Honda board whilst trash talking honda's and their owners the entire time? He even admitted he gets a rise out of it?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:38 PM   #24
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
umm...

"...i thought you said ur car is fast."
----SVT

he said this before anyone said anything bad about him.

Sorry, missed that one

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 09-23-2002, 09:06 PM   #25
V8killimports

SVT was simply asking a question... you guys are VERY defensive.. and man I wish I had 12 grand to spend on my engine.. I think I would go for the 426 hemi ...SVT you crack me up.. And you also keep asking why am I in a honda forum? Umm.. because I said so? No really I am here to learn about what you do to your car.. I always heard of these b21 motors, stage 3 this and stage 2 that.. wanted to see what the fuss was about and anything out there I should worry about competition wise.. This site has put all my worries to rest... thank you...
Old 09-23-2002, 09:29 PM   #26
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
SVT was simply asking a question... you guys are VERY defensive.. and man I wish I had 12 grand to spend on my engine.. I think I would go for the 426 hemi ...SVT you crack me up.. And you also keep asking why am I in a honda forum? Umm.. because I said so? No really I am here to learn about what you do to your car.. I always heard of these b21 motors, stage 3 this and stage 2 that.. wanted to see what the fuss was about and anything out there I should worry about competition wise.. This site has put all my worries to rest... thank you...

it's not those who come here to learn, but it's those who come here to bash and start trouble. personally i hold nothing agains the domestics and muscle cars. i am looking into a 70's stang.

Old 09-23-2002, 09:52 PM   #27
78 monte

I'm here to learn stuff.I haven'ta clue as to what the new tech stuff is capable of so seeing Drag imports runnin 9s made me wonder.I still love my V8s the Torque,the sound etc...but to see not only 4 but 4tiny cylinders crankin 300+Hp is like "Holy S### what the??"
Evan in street class seein some of these cars were runnin like 3-4tenths slower than me.Thats not much at all and theres faster ones then them.And they weren't all sticker wing cars some looked like stock.
The import/american argument is old.Wanna run 12s pick one Big torque or High revs either will get ya there.Your mouth ain't gonna slow um down.You ain't gotta like it just deal with it.And the guy with the big mouth and sticker on his stock civic can park with the big mouth in the 4cylinder Mustang with the 5.0 emblems.
Personally I think the dumbest things on the street are them damn Prostreeters.Gee lets build a 650HP naturally aspirated bigblock stuff it in a car with uncomfortable racing seats and steel cage put 20" wide tires on the back and idle 3/4 of a block up to Burgerking and park cause its overheated.Now thats stupid to nasty to street,to nasty to drive to the track,to pretty to race.Yet perfect for showing to your rich Prostreet buddies."Hey look guys I have a car I can't drive too".50k "tropy on wheels" thats pissin away $$$.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:11 PM   #28
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Thank you 78 Monte for having an open mind and a great point.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:21 PM   #29
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

that's true...it's not what you drive, Honda, Ford, or whatever....what you make of it is what matters and the satisfaction that you get in the end after all the hard work you put into it......
Old 09-23-2002, 10:25 PM   #30
drdingo21

Quote:

first it was "windy," now just look at your spelling. no wonder why you didn't understand me yesterday.

and pissing you guys off is entertaining. oh and i ALWAYS tell people their car sucks to their face. ive been followed because of it. this kid in an eclipse changed his mind when i got in his face.

damn, for 12k id be running high 9's.
you are the type of person that thinks they are the shit... aren't you? because all you ever do is talk about how great your mustang is when your comparing V8s to 4 cyclinders. You truely are an asshole. Your not here for any reason other than to be a dick you do a great job every time you post. Im more than willing to bet your mustang looks just like 90 thousand out there. his car is orgnial yours looks just like every other svt ive seen. Also him spending 10-12k on his car to get it to go that fast is probly still under what you paid for your entire car. Im truly amazed that the MODS still let you post in this forum, out of your 50 post everything you said has been bullshit and worthless and every time i read one of your post i sit back and wonder how a pice of shit like you manages to live.
What it boils down to is your pissed off he spent half what you did and his car will beat yor car if not give it a challange that and you probly hav a little dick, don't you? and the svt is your way of making up for it. Its ok. there are alot of people out there like you, if you want ill look for a website that gives support for short dick people like you. If i were you i would stab myself right in the chest. your worthless and don't deseerve to be in these forums
Old 09-23-2002, 10:30 PM   #31
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

wow!
Old 09-23-2002, 10:31 PM   #32
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
you are the type of person that thinks they are the shit... aren't you? because all you ever do is talk about how great your mustang is when your comparing V8s to 4 cyclinders. You truely are an asshole. Your not here for any reason other than to be a dick you do a great job every time you post. Im more than willing to bet your mustang looks just like 90 thousand out there. his car is orgnial yours looks just like every other svt ive seen. Also him spending 10-12k on his car to get it to go that fast is probly still under what you paid for your entire car. Im truly amazed that the MODS still let you post in this forum, out of your 50 post everything you said has been bullshit and worthless and every time i read one of your post i sit back and wonder how a pice of shit like you manages to live.
What it boils down to is your pissed off he spent half what you did and his car will beat yor car if not give it a challange that and you probly hav a little dick, don't you? and the svt is your way of making up for it. Its ok. there are alot of people out there like you, if you want ill look for a website that gives support for short dick people like you. If i were you i would stab myself right in the chest. your worthless and don't deseerve to be in these forums

Wow! *claps* i wouldn't have the balls to say all that
lol, i am new here, i wouldn't wanna wear out my welcome.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:32 PM   #33
OPAKRACING

Lol, ditto accordin!

Old 09-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #34
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by 78 monte
Personally I think the dumbest things on the street are them damn Prostreeters.Gee lets build a 650HP naturally aspirated bigblock stuff it in a car with uncomfortable racing seats and steel cage put 20" wide tires on the back and idle 3/4 of a block up to Burgerking and park cause its overheated.Now thats stupid to nasty to street,to nasty to drive to the track,to pretty to race.Yet perfect for showing to your rich Prostreet buddies."Hey look guys I have a car I can't drive too".50k "tropy on wheels" thats pissin away $$$.

never seen these on the street.. I have a 57 chevy, can seat prob like 7 or 8, and the car idles at 180 degrees in 100 degree weather... Leather seats, leg room for a small village.. what else do you want? Monte I think you are confused.. it's not the doemstics that strip their car bare for weight.. I don't care about weight..
Old 09-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #35
OPAKRACING

Ya know, i'm suprized they even let you have that name on these boards V8....i'd ban you just for your name...let alone your 'oh so pleasant' attitude. i'm thinking your the same person as SVT, so that when SVT isn't exactly "einning" one of these lil disputes, you can hop on V8 and back him up. lol, what a panssy.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:38 PM   #36
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
wow!

I know..

Applause to you my friend...
Old 09-23-2002, 10:38 PM   #37
drdingo21

i belive that everyone has something good to say sometim or anouther except Svt. V8 actually gives good advice and helps people. SVT is worthless and honestly doesn't deserve to be in these forums
Old 09-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #38
drdingo21

thank you guys. it need to be said and he need to know what a **** he is.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:41 PM   #39
OPAKRACING

agreed we certainly put him in his place didn't we

he hasn't responded yet

Old 09-23-2002, 10:42 PM   #40
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
i'd ban you just for your name...

lol...I'm with you OPAK.......
Closed Thread