::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2001, 02:37 PM   #1
slowerthanu

A classic kill for all of you

For background info on my car, check signature.

One night me and a bunch of my friends decided to go out to the street races. When I arrived it was just in time to see a Green Eclipse GS-T waste a Civic SI, When the Eclipse got back from totally beating this poor SI his first words were "Thats why you never buy a Honda". I had beaten this guy once at the strip and once on the streets, I was pissed that he would open his fat mouth and make such an ignorant comment. Of course I yelled "lets race dick smack, I will show you one great reason to buy a fuggin honda". He replied "okay lets go, I have a new motor, I will smoke you", He was so cocky I started laughing. Well we lined up to race and it was on, out of 1st I had 1.5 cars on him, by the top of third I had over 3 cars on him.

When we got back I got out of my car and yelled to him "Wanna know that one good reason to buy a Honda" He said "What" I said "So you can shut ignorant jackass's the **** up". That was a good night, afterwards I couldnt get the SI driver to leave me alone.
Old 10-06-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Nice kill. Thats the way to shut up ignorant people.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:23 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

lol, nice job, but dsm's arnt slow. but id take a prelude vtec or a itr over one any day.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 02:11 PM   #4
GS-Racer01

niiiice... some people never learn its best to keep your mouth shut..
Old 10-08-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
slowerthanu

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
lol, nice job, but dsm's arnt slow. but id take a prelude vtec or a itr over one any day.

I never said DSM's were slow, but 2nd gen GS-T's sure seem to be (atleast here in Utah).

I have alot of respect for GSx's and TSI's but other htan that I dont harbor much interest.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:27 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Good Job!

Show those nasty crap-mobiles not to mess with the H.O.N.D.A!

I think I have rapping talents! *lol*

::
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:48 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill, that's what I like to see.
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:17 PM   #8
90civiclxryder

nice kill, your car aint nothin to f**k around with
Old 10-08-2001, 05:48 PM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by slowerthanu

I never said DSM's were slow, but 2nd gen GS-T's sure seem to be (atleast here in Utah).

I have alot of respect for GSx's and TSI's but other htan that I dont harbor much interest.
oh i know you didnt, the only thing thats not fair about them is for a few bucks they can bump their boost and run low 14's. grrrr, on day........ i'll show em all.

Old 10-09-2001, 09:08 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

he he he...i likes...

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 04:33 PM   #11
Impact23

great kill. I would have given him a dose of his own medicine and said something like, "mitsubishi makes some great Tv's.... but there cars... they're a little slow. ".
Old 10-14-2001, 01:20 AM   #12
2000_Honda_Si

Re: A classic kill for all of you

Quote:

One night me and a bunch of my friends decided to go out to the street races. When I arrived it was just in time to see a Green Eclipse GS-T waste a Civic SI, When the Eclipse got back from totally beating this poor SI his first words were "Thats why you never buy a Honda". I had beaten this guy once at the strip and once on the streets, I was pissed that he would open his fat mouth and make such an ignorant comment. Of course I yelled "lets race dick smack, I will show you one great reason to buy a fuggin honda". He replied "okay lets go, I have a new motor, I will smoke you", He was so cocky I started laughing. Well we lined up to race and it was on, out of 1st I had 1.5 cars on him, by the top of third I had over 3 cars on him.

When we got back I got out of my car and yelled to him "Wanna know that one good reason to buy a Honda" He said "What" I said "So you can shut ignorant jackass's the **** up". That was a good night, afterwards I couldnt get the SI driver to leave me alone.

Are you sure it was a GS-T? Dont they have over 200hp?

Anyways good kill!
Old 10-15-2001, 01:20 AM   #13
slowerthanu

Re: Re: A classic kill for all of you

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_Honda_Si

Are you sure it was a GS-T? Dont they have over 200hp?

Anyways good kill!

This one was more than likely closer to 240HP, but the car also weighs near 3000 pounds and has traction issues under boost, I have around 200 crank HP and weigh in at 2285 W/O driver, yes it was a GS-T and Yes I did smoke it. BTW, 2nd Gen DSM's have no top end
Old 10-15-2001, 06:57 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Re: Re: A classic kill for all of you

Quote:

...BTW, 2nd Gen DSM's have no top end

How do you get that? My friends eclipse will roll out like crazy on top end.. Hes had it upto 155 and it was still pullin, but he backed off..
Old 10-15-2001, 04:05 PM   #15
slowerthanu

Well the 2nd gen has a Garrett T-25 Turbo, this turbo will spool to full boost at about 2000 rpm when in excellent condition, it cannot breath much past 5600 rpm the 4G63 redlines at 7000, that is were I got the lack of tope end, not top speed. top speed is not relative to how much PEAK power you have it has alot more to do with peak torque and aerodynamics.

Also, the 2nd gen's stock BOV bleeds of boost over 15psi I believe.
Old 10-15-2001, 05:39 PM   #16
thermal
Banning Machine

i dont know about GST's man......my friend here had a stock GST but auto. we raced and i beat him.........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 06:53 PM   #17
slowerthanu

The simple fact is, GS-T's are not that fast, GSX's get good times because you can get 1.7 60 foot times out of it stock. If I could pull off 1.7 60 foot times in my car I would be running a 13.4, not a 13.8
Old 10-16-2001, 01:44 PM   #18
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
I would be running a 13.4, not a 13.8
yeah you can take a gst, i didnt realize your car was in the 13's

Old 10-24-2001, 01:05 PM   #19
KaptainMike

"Show those nasty crap-mobiles not to mess with the H.O.N.D.A! "
-ignored.

Hmmmmm. Play nice! I myself give respect and when I race I actually act very casual and just give a thumbs up or down when I win/lose. Remember kids, someone out there will ALWAYS be faster or slower than you. Part of the game of racing/modding. That and we all have empty wallets

Overall, eclipses have MADD potential...just depends on if the owner took advantage of that potential. I have a long way to go, but then again, I also know not to mess with the sound of a BOV, let alone even one of my own boys.....

thanks
Old 10-24-2001, 01:53 PM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
The simple fact is, GS-T's are not that fast, GSX's get good times because you can get 1.7 60 foot times out of it stock. If I could pull off 1.7 60 foot times in my car I would be running a 13.4, not a 13.8

They dont benefit from the beauty of AWD... It just means it takes a better driver to drive a GST then it does a GSX... The GST will spin and smoke mad crazy...
Old 10-24-2001, 02:31 PM   #21
tackimac8

Poor Honduh drivers

well lets see....
"mitsubishi makes some great Tv's.... but there cars... they're a little slow. "-a stock non turbo eclipse puts more to the ground than a stock ex so be quiet
... The GST will spin and smoke mad crazy...
If you dont know how to launch, of course you will just sit and smoke the tires, most of you could do that in your honduhs actually probably, only seems like a handful of you dont have the honduh mentality and actually mod your car to be fast, but then again, those Type R badges on your civic lx's give you what? 50whp?
Old 10-24-2001, 02:35 PM   #22
EvuLFleA

Yeah most of these peeps arent the ones with the type r badges. Hey we have seen the GST Type R's on our car too. Also GSX are stop light killers and the GST's are fu**in crazy ass cars from a rolling drop. I would probably take a GST over a GSX if I didnt live in North Dakota and like to AWD over the snow.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:47 PM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by EvuLFleA
...Hey we have seen the GST Type R's on our car too....

*LOL* you gotta love that..
Old 10-24-2001, 05:41 PM   #24
dukmahsik

doods! jess when i was getting respect for this board!!! winning is one thing, bashing all the same type of car is another! you have a type R motor in ur car and you're comparing it to a t-25 turboed GS-T. If that guy was clowning on hondas then dats his bad but dont start clowning when you dont know... t-25s will be only good up to low 14s on a GST... wat if he put major mods like you in his car? point is dont clown on all cars... i keel civic NA DX/EX/LX/HX/and occasional SIs but I dont go hating on them. you got a poor attutide for being a car enthusiast dood.

bottom line is ur car is cool but u dont gotta cool attitude... ur lackin son... grow up! GSTs have sorry top end? hahhahahha... OMG lame!
Old 10-24-2001, 07:47 PM   #25
Super20G

DSM's are no joke

You shouldnt say that all dsm's are shitty cars. I think there's good traits in all cars, expecially the 4g63's and 420a's. I've seen fast honda's around here and at the track, it must be nice to have cars that have a huge fuggin aftermarket selection to bolt on and swap. I think its pretty amazing that Hahn is getting 11 second runs on their 2nd gen 420a with their stage 5 turbosystem, the engine you all call a neon motor.
--
Brad
98 Eclipse GS HRC Stage V
Old 10-24-2001, 08:22 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: DSM's are no joke

Just out of curiousity... How many honda owners have ever driven a turbocharged eclipse or talon?

I personally have driven both a GSX and a TSI FWD. Its amazing fun power... Not to mention how easy it is to make them faster..
Old 10-24-2001, 09:43 PM   #27
slowerthanu

OK, I never said I hated Eclipses (or did I) I dont prefer them, they are good cars but the driver was a complete ass, that was the point of the story, not the DSM.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:45 PM   #28
slowerthanu

Quote:
Originally posted by dukmahsik
doods! jess when i was getting respect for this board!!! winning is one thing, bashing all the same type of car is another! you have a type R motor in ur car and you're comparing it to a t-25 turboed GS-T. If that guy was clowning on hondas then dats his bad but dont start clowning when you dont know... t-25s will be only good up to low 14s on a GST... wat if he put major mods like you in his car? point is dont clown on all cars... i keel civic NA DX/EX/LX/HX/and occasional SIs but I dont go hating on them. you got a poor attutide for being a car enthusiast dood.

bottom line is ur car is cool but u dont gotta cool attitude... ur lackin son... grow up! GSTs have sorry top end? hahhahahha... OMG lame!

WTF are you talking about, the T-25 has no topend, I am talking about a car with a Stock Turbo here not a built Eclipse, calm down buddy, I got plenty of respect..........for fast cars, no matter what it is. The guy was a ***** plain and simple
Old 10-24-2001, 09:47 PM   #29
EvuLFleA

Yeah some built GS's that have spanked GS-T's still get harrassed becaue we have the "neon" motor. There are all motor neons running 11's. 4-door style biotch. Whats up with that!?? There will always be some jack-asses so just deal with it and kick their ass on the track.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:13 AM   #30
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Alright boys.

If ya'll are gonna continue this discussion (which seems to have taken a sour twist) please calm down and avoid using harsh words.

Thank You

Old 10-25-2001, 10:55 AM   #31
KaptainMike

cant weeee all jess git along?
Old 10-25-2001, 11:05 AM   #32
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by KaptainMike
cant weeee all jess git along?

LoL I guess we can..

But remember we are in the " A classic kill for all of you " forum..
Also known as the testosterone forum! The typical male tends to get a little firey about things, when in this forum..

Old 10-25-2001, 11:26 AM   #33
FuSi0N

Re: A classic kill for all of you

Quote:

Sorry but I gotta raise up the B.S Flag.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:08 PM   #34
dukmahsik

i agree with the admin i like this board... thanks for making us newcomer eclipses feel welcome... wat that's like 6 of us on here now? muhahhaha
Old 10-25-2001, 01:12 PM   #35
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by FuSi0N

Hi there, welcome to HS!

------------------------------------------------

:o

Old 10-25-2001, 01:28 PM   #36
slowerthanu

Quote:
Originally posted by FuSi0N

Uhhhh, ok. It's not like I am claiming to beat a Mclaren F1 man, its an Eclipse for gods sake, a stock Type-R is capable of beating a GS-T when equipped with an accomplished driver. If you want, I will get some people on here to back me up, scratch that, I dont need to defend myself to you.

If you want background info, go to Honda-Tech.com and check on me there, No B.S. from me.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:41 PM   #37
EvuLFleA

I think cars that are within 1 second of each others 1/4 times can beat each other because it depends a lot on the driver.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:27 PM   #38
97lude

There will be no raising of any BS flags in here. I don't see how it can even be denied that a car weighing 2200 lbs and having a Type R motor could not at least hang with a moderately modded Eclipse. I've driven more than enough Eclipses to know that they have a lot of potential, especially the 1st gens. But on the other hand we are on a Honda board so it is unrealistic to expect our members to say "Really nice things" about all other cars. We are all enthusiats and thus we respect other racers/cars. So basically Fusion you are more than welcome post up and join in but try not to take comments the wrong way.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:30 PM   #39
9D9 MITSU RS

TRUE

It doesn't matter that u beat a GS-T, cuz I know plenty of GS-T's that would make u sick. Anyways, in a stock to stock battle with good drivers in both cars, who knows which car would win? It's a toss up. U gotta give it to the GS-T. He had balls for racing lightweight hondas that can rev to high #'s. Eclipses aren't light cars. You guys have HP-Weight on us by a good margin. I think it's sad that a car with similar or equal HP to an eclipse has trouble smoking it when it has a lot less weight and a higher redline. I guess it's the lack of torque in VTECs that makes it interesting.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:36 PM   #40
slowerthanu

Re: TRUE

Quote:
Originally posted by 9D9 MITSU RS
It doesn't matter that u beat a GS-T, cuz I know plenty of GS-T's that would make u sick. Anyways, in a stock to stock battle with good drivers in both cars, who knows which car would win? It's a toss up. U gotta give it to the GS-T. He had balls for racing lightweight hondas that can rev to high #'s. Eclipses aren't light cars. You guys have HP-Weight on us by a good margin. I think it's sad that a car with similar or equal HP to an eclipse has trouble smoking it when it has a lot less weight and a higher redline. I guess it's the lack of torque in VTECs that makes it interesting.

Whoa there buddy. there are alot of cars that can beat me period. I have friends that can beat me in there Hondas, I never said I can beat any Eclipse out there, I can beat any car that runs slower than a 13.8 at 98mph. Thats all, be it a Honda, A Ford A chevy or a Mitsubishi, it doesnt matter to me.