::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2002, 04:27 PM   #1
cracker120

Killed a Viper Venom 800

The other day i was on my way to a friends house when this Viper Venom pulls up to me and starts revving (I knew he had something there - he had ET streets on). We roll down the windows... I tell him not here too much traffic. So we drive to a local 1/4 spot. Line up and hit it... he pulls a little a head having better traction then I do... (vipers have BIG rear tires)... but once i started getting traction i pulled up we were going just about neck and neck when he starts pulling due to the turbos really kicking in... (Venom 800s are twin turbo). Well i couldnt have that so i really start trying i pull on him by about 2 cars. Just to finish off the race I hit the 1st stage 100 nitrous shot (dual stage system 100/200)... well i see he way WAY WAY in the back of me when i cross the line.

We slow down and start talking... heh... he is amazed that a car 30yrs old and a lot less money then his could kick his a$$. His is a low 10s car on ET streets. Mine is now low 10s NA on street tires ever since I added the new heads and intake... havent had a chance to take it to the track but i guess low to mid 9s NA on slicks and even quicker with my giggle gas now installed.

The guy was pretty cool... i would guess late 30s. He didnt realize until i told him both of our cars were designed by the same person... Well kinda. I have a 67 Shelby clone (lots of shelby mods) which was designed by Carrol Shelby... as you also might know the viper was designed by Shelby when he was worked for Chrysler.

Hope yall dont mind me posting my kill story here...

-Cracker120
Old 06-09-2002, 04:37 PM   #2
ShEaNy

OK how much horse do u have? and whats ur set up?...cause that is F*cking insane to beat a viper......
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
cracker120

408 Stroker
Billet and forged bottom end
Dart block (stronger then nascar blocks easily hold 2000HP)
HIGH compression (even though its driven everyday it runs on high octane race gas - get it very cheap... got the hookup)
EXTREMELY Ported Yates Heads (titanium valves)
Big Solid roller cam
Custom intake
2in - 2 1/4 stepped full length headers
3.5in exhuast

I would say around 700 at the RWs... Havent had it dynoed with the new parts yet. But I guess its around that maybe a bit more maybe a bit less.. Engine makes power to low 8000s. I will tell you this it was NOT cheap to build but it doesnt come close in price to any viper lol. Once I get bored with the setup ill probably stick a blower on it.

Oh and the Viper Venom 800 isnt the normal viper its the one by hennesy motorsports... 0-60 in 2.8secs.
Old 06-09-2002, 05:47 PM   #4
juvenile

man...can I ever get a ride?
your car is really sweet dude
Old 06-09-2002, 06:24 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

That sounds amazing. Could you post some pics? I'd like to see that thing

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 06:48 PM   #6
cracker120

I got some old photos pre restoration etc... I need to get some new ones. Anyone have a good recommendation on digital cams?

Cracker120
Old 06-09-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
cracker120

Here it is after paint pre resto/engine. Sorry for the size i had to make it small to fit here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ontrailer.jpg (16.8 KB, 165 views)
Old 06-09-2002, 07:42 PM   #8
Maxvla

Old 06-09-2002, 09:28 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill.

And damn nice car..... Love the older Shelbys
Old 06-09-2002, 10:17 PM   #10
ShEaNy

thats just sweet.... nice
Old 06-09-2002, 10:26 PM   #11
cracker120

Thanks. The car has more upgrades then i can list. All the suspention has been upgraded - drives just as well as many new cars. Lots of unibody upgrades... full subframe cage etc. It has a roll cage depending on the time of yr lol... When its good racing weather then the cage is in there for the track... when its not it just has a roll bar like the original shelby ones. I dont do street racing often since its kinda boring without a ton of compitition... But getting a chance to race on of the fastest 0-60 cars was definately worth taking the chance. Besides the exhaust my car is kind of a sleeper... Cant see the nitrous in the engine compartment (never pop the trunk... dont want to show off the 2 20lbs tanks) and cant tell its a stroker either hehe...

L8r
Old 06-09-2002, 10:30 PM   #12
ShEaNy

nice man u should race my buddies trans am....HEHE second fastest car in winnipeg.....i can't tell ya what its got though....SHH its a secret lol
Old 06-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #13
cracker120

LoL i have no problem telling people what its got... usually dont give out HP though... its got a stroker and some nitrous hehe. Whats your friends car run?
Old 06-10-2002, 02:53 PM   #14
ShEaNy

i'm not sure its a Trans Am with a 454 and two 100 shots so far...he hasn't had it on the dyno yet....he says roughly 550 to 600 horse.... he just got it from some guy...so it'll be a while till we figure out wtf is done to it..the guy really didn't tell us much.. it would be a good race i think...
Old 06-10-2002, 04:20 PM   #15
cracker120

Definately would be interesting! But remember im pushing nearly 700 at the wheels and still can easily run upto 450HP multistage nitrous. Total I can push over 1000HP at the wheels with nitrous on. That combined with a 3200lbs car with driver would probably put me around the mid 8sec range in the 1/4.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #16
ShEaNy

wow ya it would be insane i was talking to my freind and he said hes upgrading the NOS to two 200 shots....and doing some things to the engine in about a months time (needs $$) then throw her on the dyno!
Old 06-10-2002, 06:20 PM   #17
Grip72

Reminds me of Gone in 60 seconds....i love Shelbys.......
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 08:34 PM   #18
cracker120

Cool Cool. Ill be heading to the track within the next few days test out the new mods on slicks... Hopefully my ladder bar setup ok... Im going to try for tommarow... Will let yall know the results.

Cracker120
Old 06-10-2002, 08:48 PM   #19
mt.biker

WOW, when are you selling her because i wanna buy!!!

how do i get my hands on this car?
Old 06-10-2002, 08:49 PM   #20
juvenile

by lots and lots and favours dude.

the car though
Old 06-10-2002, 08:50 PM   #21
mt.biker

btw do you have a price on what its worth right now?
Old 06-10-2002, 10:40 PM   #22
NCSTYLE

oh ya well i have black and red seat covers NIce car man
Old 06-10-2002, 11:31 PM   #23
cracker120

Well the car itself without my engine I have seen sell upto 80K (Gone in 60sec style... ) I would probably ask between 30 and 60 for mine havent priced them in a while probably would take 35-40 maybe more maybe less dont really know... I would take out my engine and put more stock suspention in if i were going to sell it... i have a lot of custom stuff done that most people wouldnt want... kinda personal preference i guess and well lets say i have too much in the engine lol. If anyone wants to buy the car without the engine - ill drop a mild one in. Make me a reasonable offer and I might be willing to sell... Easy 11 -12 sec car without my $$ engine/suspention. I would sell it more as a really nice driver not a race car... from what i have seen people who know how to build/handle a really high performance car dont want to buy other peoples custom stuff. Now if someone was really set on getting the engine i would probably have to do some neogociating...
Old 06-11-2002, 02:15 PM   #24
gixer

my question is where did you find traction while racing the viper. ive seen one of these vipers run, and if it's one thing they have, it's traction. ive seen it race a 1500hp nova both with drag radials(not slicks) and the viper owned (9.93sec.)... i don't believe a shelby could find enough traction on the street to take a hennessy with or without 1000hp. btw... what is your car doing on the streets with that kind of output?...
Old 06-11-2002, 07:30 PM   #25
juvenile

Two giants begin to talk (By giants I mean you both have AMAZING cars + bike)
Old 06-12-2002, 12:44 AM   #26
cracker120

As for traction. I have a full ladder bar setup plus a mini tub (just a few inches nothing big/nothing really noticeable). Also I didnt give it all off the line or else i would be spinning - had to baby it until i got enough traction... thats how the viper got ahead in the first part. If you dont beleave a shelby could get traction then check out Hawk and Bailey's shelby I have some pics if wanted (below). They are running consistant 10s with NO traction upgrades. They have no traction bars nothing! If you have a good chassis guy who knows what they are doing then you will get better traction (proper weight distribution, drivetrain geometry, etc. will give much greater traction then stock). As for racing the venom... they only run 10s on slicks. Im not sure what kind of race you saw with a 1500HP nova but if it was anything close to that... that car would be running MUCH faster then a 9.9. There are dyno queens and then there is real 1/4 times. My car does not normally have 1000HP it has upto it with nitrous but is only running around 700 at the RWs. It is not my daily driver mostly a weekend toy... 1. 67s dont have to pass emissions 2. I have classic car plates so i can do just about anything to it... 3. A good friend of mine does the inspections so he just gives me the sticker. Need anymore info just let me know...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheelstand1.jpg (15.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-12-2002, 04:09 AM   #27
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

It just sounds fishy cuz the chances of running into a hennessey venom 800 is slim to none.... i had to travel 800miles to visit a track famous for it's slick cars to see these beasts in action. the venom pulled a 9.93 on drag radials, trust me, they weren't slicks. the thing is, your car seems to be built for the track, while the venom is built for tearing up the streets... but whatever, nice kill...if you can beat that car, then the sky is the limit...keep it up.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:11 AM   #28
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

btw...i just bought a yamaha r1 i'll change my sig another day...im just too f**king lazy.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:53 AM   #29
juvenile

Still...the other two cars
I'd take a lift in any of them any day.
Where you live?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #30
cracker120

Your right running into a 800 is a slim chance but they are the most prevelent here in Houston (home of Hennesey Motorsports). I have seen 3 600s 1 other 700 and this was my first 800. As for drivability of my car... your right its not the most street friendly but if i were to drop in a little milder engine and more streetable shocks it handles quiet well (it does have a lot of TCP upgrades... and some custom stuff). The current engine wouldnt be my engine of choice but with a nicely built milder 351 it could handle a road course just fine.

Cracker...
Old 06-12-2002, 06:16 PM   #31
Matrix

I wouldn't let Hennessey within 50 miles of my Viper (if I had one).

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p..._code=04383484
Old 06-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #32
juvenile

Man, That Hennessey guy seems nohting but trouble
Old 06-12-2002, 06:45 PM   #33
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
I wouldn't let Hennessey within 50 miles of my Viper (if I had one).

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p..._code=04383484

Ever do Public Records search on a surgeon? Or even any other established business?

Everyone has people who just won't be happy no matter what. That former employee on there could have been fired. If he was, he may still hold a grudge.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:46 PM   #34
cracker120

Yes unforunately he does have a horrible rep even here in houston... the thing is there is a pretty big/powerful viperclub that oversees his local actions in a way so usually local people get better service then out of state...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:46 PM   #35
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Ever do Public Records search on a surgeon? Or even any other established business?

Everyone has people who just won't be happy no matter what. That former employee on there could have been fired. If he was, he may still hold a grudge.

I agree with you completely.
Unfortunately, the story has been repeated quite a few times, and several lawsuits are pending. Not to mention the number of other victims who are to embarassed to come out and declare they were taken advantage of.

As cracker120 mentioned, even all of Texas is aware of his shady practices.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:27 AM   #36
Kyle
elyK

so...what did he do?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 07:52 AM   #37
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
so...what did he do?
Read Matrix's post.....
Old 06-13-2002, 09:17 AM   #38
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo
so...what did he do?

spammer!
Old 06-13-2002, 05:23 PM   #39
gixer

yes hennesey is a dirtbag, that's because lingenfelter put him outta business and in major debt. don't get me wrong, hennesey rips it up with his vipers, but financial instability made him desperate...
Old 06-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #40
toykilla

the Venom is high 9 second car. I believe you beat it but it ran high 9's by the guy that built it. 1996 Hennessey Viper Venom 650R is the twin turbo model (did they come out with another addition to it?). That car is the sole reason Lingenfelter came out with the TT Vette which destroyed the Vipers times by the way. Nice kill man, let me know when you race the TT Vette.

0-30 0.83
0-40 1.20
0-50 1.59
0-60 1.97 THATS FAST!!!
0-70 2.44 It beat the Boeing F/A-18 Hornet (Jette)
0-80 3.06 they put it up against.
0-90 3.67
0-100 4.33
0-150 9.21

1/4 9.24@150.27