User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2002, 12:46 PM   #41
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 3amigos
Dude,your car run's what at 900 feet?????? How did ya calculate that? Dat is fast! My motor would dump it's gut's out at 1000 feet so I shut down at 950 or old LS1 spit's out part's. I really respect these Handa driver's. Hey,you guy's use the metric system so's what do ya run,the Royale kilometer? What would be a time slip then in the 60 meter? Is that why them Handa's seem so pokey cause the number's are metric and we camero dude's cant pull our slide rule's out and crunch the number's? Not trying to flame youse guy's cause I love fouriron stuff.

Huh?:o

I'm not real sure what you're talking about. Jag said 1000ft, not 900ft. Just because its a "fouriron" car doesn't mean we use the metric system. This is America. We use the old, outdated Standard system. You own a Camaro and can't spell it? Well of course you can't spell Honda or foreign either.....

I know you said you weren't trying to flame, but I gotta believe otherwise. There's no reason to come on a board jsut to flame people.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:22 PM   #42
Niacin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar
Man I don't know what happened to my orginal thread on this but everyone got off the subject pretty much. But I guess that is A-Okay. Anyways I never did get to mention what I ran at the track the other day. I ran a mid 13 on a constant basis but that was then again on 1000 feet race. I say it isn't all bad considering the weight and the 150hp stock. I will be adding a bunch of mods soon and hopefully I will have a full engine rebuild by the end of the year all ready for turbo and the engine will be bored out and everything reinforced. Later

You have what mods?

Max
Old 04-13-2002, 06:30 PM   #43
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin

You have what mods?

Max

Hey Max I have no mods at all. I was running stock when I got those time slips. I am starting to put some mods on my car next week. I hope I can run about 1/2 sec faster or so... Anyways yeah this is America I can't convert stuff over into metric. Sorry I wished I could but I wasn't taught how to in school. Mainly the only metric stuff I know is for tools cuz I work at an auto parts store and most of the stuff on my Honda is either 10mm or 8mm and that was also the same way on my Nissan. Other than that i know that 1 meter =3.3 feet so if you take 1000 divided by 3.3 you would get 303.03 meters or somewhere in that neighborhood. Other than that I can't figure anything else out about it. Later

Matt aka Jaguar
Old 04-14-2002, 06:08 PM   #44
3amigos

Are you people this uptight and naive about foreign vs. domestic? Jaguar in a stock accord take's a 200hp camaro? I think not master Luke. I cant believe you guy's bought my post's,even the moderator thought I was serious and couldnt spell Camaro. Are you guy's in japan? Have you no sense of what imported item's have done to our country? You still buy into the 80's Jap quality propaganda? Take a ride in a new SS camaro and then tell me your "stock" accord scare's most car's on the street.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:24 PM   #45
ShEaNy

y can't an accord take a camaro.. i have before..V6 though... meh..good enough for me..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #46
Jaguar

Quote:
Are you people this uptight and naive about foreign vs. domestic? Jaguar in a stock accord take's a 200hp camaro? I think not master Luke. I cant believe you guy's bought my post's,even the moderator thought I was serious and couldnt spell Camaro. Are you guy's in japan? Have you no sense of what imported item's have done to our country? You still buy into the 80's Jap quality propaganda? Take a ride in a new SS camaro and then tell me your "stock" accord scare's most car's on the street.

Look man just cuz it may have 200hp stock doesn't mean I can't win stoplight to stoplight. I mean I was just the better driver. I had "no" wheel spin and I just knew my car well enough to know when to shift. A win is a win. Regardless if before the race the outcome looked or even should have been the camaro winning. But the fact is that I had more knowledge of how to race my car. I don't think there is anymore else to say about the matter. I won and that is that. Oh and btw I have driven a new SS camaro I just don't prefer domestic cars and I like the fact that a 4 banger gets better gas mileage than an 8cyl. I also hate the loud and annoying sound a hotrod camaro or mustang makes. That when they are at idle it sounds like they are about to die. It is like the car struggles to stay running. Anyways later Matt aka Jaguar
Old 04-15-2002, 09:43 PM   #47
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

Naive how? This isn't an import vs. domestic bashing post.

Driver skill has alot to do with wins. Plain & simple. The other driver probably lacked the skill.

"Bought" you post? I wasn't aware you were selling me something. I just thought you had a severe spelling problems.

"Are you guy's in japan?" Yes. We all live in Japan. That just wasn't even half-way intelligent.

Imported items? Hondas are usually split 55/45. 55% US & 45% Japan. Keep in mind that its US workers that assemble the cars.

80's Jap propganda? What are you talking about?

I've riden in Camaros. They are fast (at least the SS & Z28's are). I just don't much care for them. If other people like them, that's great. I'm not going to bash someone because of their tastes. I like other types of cars, though sometimes their owners will make you hate them.

Hopefully you've gotten all your import frustrations out. I know you've enjoyed the reactions that you have received....

HS members, don't ag this guy on. Its all he wants...
Old 04-16-2002, 07:12 AM   #48
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Imported items? Hondas are usually split 55/45. 55% US & 45% Japan. Keep in mind that its US workers that assemble the cars.

Not to mention that tons of parts from the so called domestics are produced across seas as well. These days there isnt really such a thing as "Japanese" or "American" cars. Because when it comes right down to it.... The "Japanese" are usually just as American as "American" cars are...