Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
debben69

I beat a Talon Tsi

My first race with my (new to me) CRX Si, and I raced my friend's 1997 Talon Tsi. It was a rolling start I was in 3rd and dropped it into 2nd squeeled the tires and I slowly pulled away from him. At about a 110mph I let off and he was about 5 car lengths back. Now I can make fun of him cause he paid 9,000$ for is car and I beat him with my 500$ car. And no he was not just ****ing with me, he said he had it to the floor all the time. Ahh what a great day

Old 07-19-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
Civic98

88 CRX si can beat a talon tsi?? wat it turboed? wat mods do u have done?

Old 07-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #3
sohc_vtec 2NR

aren't all tsi turbo'd? and AWD...i dunno about this one..
Old 07-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i dont believe you
Old 07-20-2003, 12:42 AM   #5
94 civic jdmD15b

No way you beat a low 15 sec car ,and by 5 car lenths Trust me that car Wll RAPE yours!

Old 07-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
debben69

I aint messing with you guys, have any of you rode in a gutted car? You have no idea how hard they pull compared to one with interior. I probly shaved 200+lbs from the car.

Note: Not all Talon Tsi's are AWD and my friend's is not. But all Talon Tsi's are boosted.

Old 07-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #7
VR4_Craver
Banned

Yea im pretty sure that all TSi's are turboed an AWD that is what sets them apart from the esi's.....like everyone else i just dont beleive you. 200 lbs or not i just dont think it will happen...
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
Old 07-20-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
VR4_Craver
Banned

The 88 si had 91 at the crank and ran a 16.7....

The talon on the other hand... had 210(hp) and 214 lbs of tq
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:43 AM   #9
debben69

Ok, fair enough I guess, I probly wouldn't believe someone else if they said it, don't blame ya guys. But I still beat a Turbo talon. And VR4_Craver, I'll have to get some pics of my friends rear axel and the snail under the hood, cause not all Tsi's are AWD.

Old 07-21-2003, 01:58 AM   #10
V8killimports

A car that weighs less is good, but not really worth it unless you are gonna take off like 1000 pounds... 200 won't make much difference... a good figure to use.. that is very generous is about 5hp per 100 pounds you take off... it's not like adding 100hp lol.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:30 AM   #11
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by debben69
I aint messing with you guys, have any of you rode in a gutted car? You have no idea how hard they pull compared to one with interior. I probly shaved 200+lbs from the car.

I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT

but your still full of shit

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 07-21-2003, 07:24 AM   #12
fzr400tony

talons/eclipses are esi/gs (no turbo, fwd), tsi/gst (turbo, fwd) and tsi awd/gsx (turbo and awd). the tsi/gst is actually a little faster stock because they don't have the weight and don't have enough power to really over power the tires if you an drive (modified boost and the like, the awd becomes VERY import). they do however have enough power to make torque steer a serious issue. and can make launching tricky.

no offense, but i have a hard time believing your friend can drive. launching fwd cars is a tough skill (even the gs-r can be tricky and it has 13 ft/lbs of torque ). getting a car like a crx rolling is much easier than a tsi.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM   #13
94 civic jdmD15b

Quote:
Ok, fair enough I guess, I probly wouldn't believe someone else if they said it, don't blame ya guys. But I still beat a Turbo talon. And VR4_Craver, I'll have to get some pics of my friends rear axel and the snail under the hood, cause not all Tsi's are AWD.

You didnt beat a tsi YOU BEAT A CRAPPY DRIVER. My eclipse GT will run pretty much side by side, and I would ass rape your 200LB weight reduction crx

Old 07-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #14
Matrix

I believe that you were in front, but I'm sorry to tell you that this was due to 3 possibilities: 1.) his car wasn't running well at all, 2.) he was just humoring you, or 3.) he can't drive worth doo-doo.

Sorry.

Old 07-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Yeah I think he forgot to turn the boost up past 1 psi....:o Otherwise your gutted CRX would've been killed.

Quote:
Originally posted by fzr400tony
talons/eclipses are esi/gs (no turbo, fwd), tsi/gst (turbo, fwd) and tsi awd/gsx (turbo and awd). the tsi/gst is actually a little faster stock because they don't have the weight and don't have enough power to really over power the tires if you an drive (modified boost and the like, the awd becomes VERY import). they do however have enough power to make torque steer a serious issue. and can make launching tricky.

They will beat one from a roll, but never from a launch (stock vs. stock of course). I don't have any problems with torque steer. Just some issues with wheel spin.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:02 AM   #16
Civickid0to60

what is it with people all of a sudden saying they kick talon tsi's asses? Is it cause I owned one? And everyone here knew it was the fastest car on here?

WTF

Dude 200lbs or not, you have a stock 88 crx engine............and dont even try and pull the FWD stuff because my friends FWD talon is a high 10 second car. There is no way in HELL you beat one. WHY MUST PEOPLE LIE?!

Old 07-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #17
Civickid0to60

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
I believe that you were in front, but I'm sorry to tell you that this was due to 3 possibilities: 1.) his car wasn't running well at all, 2.) he was just humoring you, or 3.) he can't drive worth doo-doo.

Sorry.

good call. but crappy driver or not, a six year old driving a TSi could beat an 88 crx.

Old 07-23-2003, 10:05 AM   #18
Civickid0to60

BTW matrix PM me when you get a chance i gotta ask you a ?

Old 07-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #19
tegfello93

can't you turn on and off the boost on the tsi's? maybe he had the boost off, i've raced non tsi's and they aren't that fast. But the boosted ones are faster then a crx si ( no doubt).

Old 07-23-2003, 03:45 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by tegfello93
can't you turn on and off the boost on the tsi's? maybe he had the boost off, i've raced non tsi's and they aren't that fast. But the boosted ones are faster then a crx si ( no doubt).

You could turn the boost up or down if you add a boost controller.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #21
Civickid0to60

Quote:
Originally posted by tegfello93

o_0 ........uh no. Not unless you had a boost controller. And even then you can only minimize the psi or increase it.

Just put it this way this is a big lie and if it isn't his friend probably is driving an esi. If he even has friends <-lol jk man.

Old 07-23-2003, 06:50 PM   #22
guywithastang

sometimes crap happens. I smoked an S2000, maybe I should not have but it happens. my friend also beat the same car in his lumina.

You say VTEC, I say V-8
Old 07-23-2003, 06:57 PM   #23
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
what is it with people all of a sudden saying they kick talon tsi's asses? Is it cause I owned one? And everyone here knew it was the fastest car on here?

??? please tell me this is a joke, get over yourself and your high to mid 13 second talon...

the majority of people here would own u as oppossed from those who didnt..

i know my place in the food chain, so SHOULD you... that was outta line.. YOU HONESTLY THINK in a AUTOMOTIVE FORUM CATERING TO ENTHUSIASTS PRIDED ON RIPPING APART AN ENGINE BLOCK AND REBUILDING IT THAT THERE WOULDNT BE 1 F#CKING PERSON HERE THAT COULDNT TAKE A BOLTON DSM PRODUCT??????

your a keeper.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 PM   #24
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by sohc_vtec 2NR
aren't all tsi turbo'd? and AWD...i dunno about this one..

shuld be all boosted, dunno about AWD

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 07-24-2003, 06:19 AM   #25
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
shuld be all boosted, dunno about AWD

All TSi are boosted. Only the TSi AWD is AWD.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #26
Civickid0to60

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
??? please tell me this is a joke, get over yourself and your high to mid 13 second talon...

the majority of people here would own u as oppossed from those who didnt..

i know my place in the food chain, so SHOULD you... that was outta line.. YOU HONESTLY THINK in a AUTOMOTIVE FORUM CATERING TO ENTHUSIASTS PRIDED ON RIPPING APART AN ENGINE BLOCK AND REBUILDING IT THAT THERE WOULDNT BE 1 F#CKING PERSON HERE THAT COULDNT TAKE A BOLTON DSM PRODUCT??????

your a keeper.

typical mustang owner.

And by that i assume you mean yourself, because im pretty sure that everyone in here knows that a talon could take a lot of cars, or else everytime says they beat one it wouldnt be so hard to belive. plus i dont even have it anymore so........what exactly are you talking about? You are just stupid to think that an 88 crx beat a 97 tsi....and the kid who owns the crx DID NOT RIP APART HIS ENGINE BLOCK. I doubt shit happened, if anything even happened at all.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #27
Civickid0to60

oh and BTW,

I did rip apart my engine block, thats how i did everything in the talon and in my new car and in the car before that. So, there it is.

Old 07-24-2003, 11:05 AM   #28
dirtybyrd

i agree i am a huge crx fan but.......unless he had a lot of aftermarket i don't think it is possible for him to rip on a tsi.....especially 5 car lengths. Sorry man i love the crx but i had to call you out. just keep working on that crx and it will get there i promise!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 04:21 PM   #29
debben69

Raced him three times again today, this time from 2 stops and a roll. 1st He got the holeshot, and beat me to 100mph by around 3 car lengths. 2nd I hooked, he didn't, beat him to a 100 by about 2 lengths. 3rd Rolling start, he got me by about 1/2 length.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:48 PM   #30
94 civic jdmD15b

Quote:
Raced him three times again today, this time from 2 stops and a roll. 1st He got the holeshot, and beat me to 100mph by around 3 car lengths. 2nd I hooked, he didn't, beat him to a 100 by about 2 lengths. 3rd Rolling start, he got me by about 1/2 length.

Wow, your friend can't drive.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #31
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
typical mustang owner.

And by that i assume you mean yourself, because im pretty sure that everyone in here knows that a talon could take a lot of cars, or else everytime says they beat one it wouldnt be so hard to belive. plus i dont even have it anymore so........what exactly are you talking about? You are just stupid to think that an 88 crx beat a 97 tsi....and the kid who owns the crx DID NOT RIP APART HIS ENGINE BLOCK. I doubt shit happened, if anything even happened at all.

ROFLMFAO, first off ive been here longer than u, and yes im positive i could at this point in time take what the talon was... unless u routinely beat supercharged 5.0's or bolton ls1's i would not have a problem

2nd i dont even care about the race in question im just ripping on you for being a cocky little brat...

and IM JUST SAYING that people (like SOME members on this forum) pride themselves in building up a racecar from an average day grocery getter, and for you to make such a blatent statement to think your bolton dsm would dominate all is pure lunacy....

I KNOW MY PLACE HERE, ive been around long enough to know im not the fastest, not the slowest, but in the happy medium..

all im saying is KNOW YOUR ****ING place in the food chain, because your stupid... im trying to save you some face... your car is not that fast.

and please stop argueing here, you dont prove anything by going back to the fact i own a mustang and have nothing useful to say..
i built a 12 second stock longblocked motor with a 24 dollar torque wrench from autozone and handtools... you will NEVER know enough to make statements like you do if you keep buying your little "BUILT SUPERCARS"

im out

Last edited by ford50forlife : 07-24-2003 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:13 PM   #32
94 civic jdmD15b

^^Where is a a**hole repair kit when you need one.

Old 07-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #33
vtracer20

and i thought i got trashed when i said my accord beat a tsi on the highway...anyways...if it happened good job...but the kid driving doesn't know how to drive the car, maybe too much for him, the girl i raced didn't know how to drive it either...what u got under the hood of ur crx

Old 07-24-2003, 07:19 PM   #34
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by vtracer20
what u got under the hood of ur crx

Nothing. All he has is "Extreme weight reduction".....
Old 07-24-2003, 08:09 PM   #35
debben69

ford50forlife, you are a whining lil b!tch. Thumbs down to you! Oh and my mom's car could probly take yours anyday.

Old 07-24-2003, 08:14 PM   #36
debben69

Oh and the hell with this forum. I don't need a place where f ags trash people down for the hell of it. I will recommend this forum to nobody, in fact I'll even let people know to much it blows!! F uck all yall!

Old 07-24-2003, 11:19 PM   #37
VR4_Craver
Banned

I persoanally dont think that anyone liked you here anyway debben....I instantly proved your little "raping a TSI" apart when i shows that your car,in its prime, had 88 hp at the ****ing flywheel
the talon almost doubled your hp.....your insane to even fight this point with anyone on here. And civickid...your talon is not the god of imports let me tell you. I have raced a Talon Tsi AWD and was pulling on him till i missed third...so your little talon is nothing. And dont talk about what would happen if you had your friends mom car or someone elses car because if you dont have it then dont talk about how much you would win using it.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:42 AM   #38
V8killimports

Quote:
And everyone here knew it was the fastest car on here?

Not even close..... lol
Old 07-25-2003, 07:02 AM   #39
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
ford50forlife, you are a whining lil b!tch. Thumbs down to you! Oh and my mom's car could probly take yours anyday.

Quote:
Oh and the hell with this forum. I don't need a place where f ags trash people down for the hell of it. I will recommend this forum to nobody, in fact I'll even let people know to much it blows!! F uck all yall!

Those are uncalled for. We did doubt your story. This is the KILLS FORUM. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

But name calling isn't appropriate. If you can't conduct yourself in a reason manner, then leave. You aren't the type of member we want anyhow.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:45 PM   #40
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Those are uncalled for. We did doubt your story. This is the KILLS FORUM. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

But name calling isn't appropriate. If you can't conduct yourself in a reason manner, then leave. You aren't the type of member we want anyhow.

Closed Thread