User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #41
veX

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Kid, huh thats funny too bad this "kid" could in reality kick the **** out of you. but hey were on the internet so keep on talking your retarded trash.

My dad can beat your dad up.

Grow up man.

Old 11-23-2002, 03:47 PM   #42
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

On another note, the GN is in no way an economy car. By that same logic a supercharged Gran Prix GTP is an economy car? Nope. It doesn't have to have 8 cylinders to be in the sports car class.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:52 PM   #43
ford50forlife
4th Gear

so i guess the cobra is a economy car too huh when they downsized the motor in 96 from 5.0 to 4.6 to gain 80 more hp they had nothing on their mind but pure gas mileage

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 11-23-2002, 03:55 PM   #44
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by veX
My dad can beat your dad up.

Grow up man.

And I guess you are mature and grown up??? Judging from your posts, i doubt it.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:01 PM   #45
ford50forlife
4th Gear

now we go from stat arguing down to the lowly level of name calling (a last ditch effort), most people would of given up by now and admited their loss but you..... you have much dedication and anger, you realize your angry because your own lack of knowlege (AT LEAST ON THE PERFORMANCE CAR SUBJECT)
im actually laughing my ass off right now that a person in the air force would take his anger and frustrations out on a HONDA BOARD of all things, then you proceed to get mad at your OWN LACK OF KNOWLEDGE someone call guiness

Old 11-23-2002, 04:05 PM   #46
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
so i guess the cobra is a economy car too huh when they downsized the motor in 96 from 5.0 to 4.6 to gain 80 more hp they had nothing on their mind but pure gas mileage

Do you think engines are getting smaller because more power is to be had out of smaller engines?? No its to make less smog and get better gas mileage. And then use technology to make up for the loss in power.
I will say that I was wrong in saying the GN is an economy car, that came out wrong. I meant that the makers were trying to make a powerful engine that still met emissions and got better gas mileage which is exactly the goal of economy cars(minus the power part in alot of cases). I know how fast the GN is and I myself would like to have one, I am not a domestic car hater, I just have a problem with people who come onto a site just to start stupid shit.

Last edited by AzCivic : 11-23-2002 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:13 PM   #47
ford50forlife
4th Gear

well put, technology might be the reason for more power with less cubes, but you sacrifice reliablity to some extent too and thats why i like my 5.0 although its not a HELLA fast motor stock, it responds well to mods, gets good gas mileage and with regular maintenance goes over 300K, when i went to buy my first car i remember i couldnt find any under 100K and over 5 of them were so ****ing cheap because of 300K+ miles... thats why even though my car has even worse problems than the buick in this thread i still have a car that wont fail on me, as long as i keep putting 50weight full syntheic motor oil in it LOFL

Old 11-23-2002, 04:16 PM   #48
AzCivic

Hell I like the "5.0" mustangs myself. They're cheap and like you said respond well to mods. And look pretty dope as well.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:19 PM   #49
ford50forlife
4th Gear

sad part is i only like the gt's and if 87-93 wasnt the ONLY years i could afford and that it was ACTUALLY FASTER THAN THE CAMARO, i would be chevy, but do with what ya got yaknow. i really got nothing against imports its just weeding out the many people you line up with and beat to come to that one that actually goes like a bat outta hell, and when that happens you usually are offguard

Old 11-23-2002, 04:24 PM   #50
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
and when that happens you usually are offguard

Thats what I like about economy "imports" when one beats a big muscle car everyone's jaw drops, no one's expecting it (not that mine falls into this category).
Old 11-23-2002, 04:44 PM   #51
veX

Quote:
Thats what I like about economy "imports" when one beats a big muscle car everyone's jaw drops, no one's expecting it (not that mine falls into this category).

GOOD! SINCE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS, THEN YOU UNDERSTAND MY POST.

I didn't expect to win.

Old 11-23-2002, 04:57 PM   #52
veX

Quote:
Do you think engines are getting smaller because more power is to be had out of smaller engines?? No its to make less smog and get better gas mileage. And then use technology to make up for the loss in power.

Going to a smaller engine doesn't mean getting better mpg. Do you really think that? If so, perhaps you should take a visit to the corvette forum and take a gander at some of the 10second vettes that have like 600hp and get 30mpg. Yes usually the bigger the motor, the more gas you consume, but if you (and a light should go off in your head since you prolly read all the mags) "TUNE" the car, you can get a very efficient car. The z06 has quite impressive marks for gas consumption. Perhaps that's why you don't pay a gas guzzler tax when you buy one off the lot.

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic I am not a domestic car hater, I just have a problem with people who come onto a site just to start stupid shit.

Wrong again. Does it say anywhere on this forum that it's supposed to be Honda's only? Why do you want all of your conversations biased towards hondas? Wouldn't you rather get a taste of truth in there and 'other side of the coin' views? I know I do... No one started talking shit. I cannot help it if people react to my post in a negative way. I was thrown back by beating the guy. I shouldn't have (in my opinion) and I thought it was worth posting.

This was never intended as a pissing contest. There are a lot of ricers out there. There are a few legit hondas out there too... and what happens when a domestic guy talks about imports, he's talking about hondas and acuras, not 1700hp supras that make 24psi of boost. You can do the same with a civic maybe, but be honest with yourself, how many people are out there that just change the petals to glow and put on a tach with an intake and exhaust? Probably 5 for every legit REAL "import" (rather honda) racer.

Old 11-23-2002, 06:13 PM   #53
Matrix

CLOSED.

Closed Thread