::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2002, 10:48 AM   #1
slowls1

Locked posts??

Guys, whats with all of the locked posts?? Its not a thing wrong with friendly debating. Just as long as it doesnt resort to your momma said and yo momma is a.. hell you get the picture

I respect the import field mainly cause those cars can fly with the right mods. Granted the LS1 in the former post coulda had serious issues or something another. Hell anything can happen in a street race. I still dont see how a car would pull up 3 cars though?? And i saw a maybe it was a A4?? Whats wrong with a A4?? I have one and have no probs from rolls. Granted i did get my a@@ handed to me by a civic hatchback running 11.1's once. Yes ya'lls car are fast, but thats just like us posting oh mannnnnn, last night i slayed a 13sec civic bye 10cars and that person have a 14.0 LS1

the 01-02 LS1's are running 12.8-13.2 bone stock on street tires. Get a auto and put a higher than stock stall and headers on and you have a 11.6-12.4 car easily

to each his own though.. import or domestic its all a matter of paying to play
Old 07-22-2002, 10:59 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

freindly debate is fine, but the thread i think your refering to got much more that friendly debates. there were some posts deleted, because they were attacking and whatnot, then the thread was brought back up, in a nbew thread, and it would have re-snowballed out of control.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 11:03 AM   #3
Hannibal

Thank you. I dont see how my post was "offensive" to anyone other than to 97CivicFerio (sp).

I personally thought that some of his comments were a little far fetched. Thats all. And I wasnt the only one who said that.

Like I said, I wasnt looking for a war of words. Just commenting on his statement. And I never said I was the fatest thing on the road or the LS-1 is the king of all engines. Just like SlowLS1 posted, I have had my ass handed to me by an import. Remember, your only as fast as you can afford.

So sorry if I offended someone by posting. But I am not the only one to call BS - I just did it too late. Maybe that was the problem
Old 07-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #4
slowls1

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
freindly debate is fine, but the thread i think your refering to got much more that friendly debates. there were some posts deleted, because they were attacking and whatnot, then the thread was brought back up, in a nbew thread, and it would have re-snowballed out of control.

Fair enough

Hopefully we can all get along now
Old 07-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal
I just did it too late. Maybe that was the problem

its alright.

if you boys wanna talk about ET's, lets do so.. But please dont point fingers..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 11:10 AM   #6
Hannibal

I agree - but where was I pointing fingers?? I called BS which is a legitimate thing to do - right?

Then I am nailed with "Hail the LS-1" talk - which makes it out to sound like I was trying to flame all imports or something which I clearly stated wasnt the point.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:04 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:

"Hail the LS-1" talk

Not me..

About the BS.. Lets say it is legit, but in your case it treats a case that has been put to rest. Right?

Old 07-22-2002, 12:47 PM   #8
AzCivic

Re: Locked posts??

Quote:
Originally posted by slowls1

the 01-02 LS1's are running 12.8-13.2 bone stock on street tires. Get a auto and put a higher than stock stall and headers on and you have a 11.6-12.4 car easily

to each his own though.. import or domestic its all a matter of paying to play

If were gonna talk about ET's how about that 11.6 you say is possible on street tires with just headers and a better stall converter. Yeah maybe if you throw on some nitrous too.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 01:17 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

did i miss something ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 01:33 PM   #10
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
did i miss something ?

LOL, it seems you did!

Old 07-22-2002, 02:21 PM   #11
Hannibal

Re: Re: Locked posts??

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic

If were gonna talk about ET's how about that 11.6 you say is possible on street tires with just headers and a better stall converter. Yeah maybe if you throw on some nitrous too.

11.6's is quite optimistic but not absurd. Get a nice set of headers (with Y-pipe) and you slap on some Nitto's(full DOT legal street tires) on the back, heat them up real good on a cold (LS-1's love cold air) and with a nice big stall - its possible. 12.0's though is very achievable. Me being a 6-speed owner, it makes me sick - LOL. But its all what you are into. Whats nice is that a mid/high 12 sec 6-speed LS-1 will put a nice hurting on low 12 sec A4 car. Check out the trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. M6's rule on the street.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:35 PM   #12
Niacin

2002 LS1's are trapping what my 1998 is trapping on spray. :cry: :whimper: They're getting quick, but I don't think they're 11.6 quick.

Max
Old 07-22-2002, 03:41 PM   #13
slowls1

guys are running 11.3-11.6 with stall/headers/gear/tires... yes this isnt BS either cause im gunning for those guys. If there are non believers just go to LS1TECH.com and check out the ET list for stock internals..

Those cars can slap on nittos or bfg drags and pull easy 11.6's-11.8 all day. A auto with a stall converter flys. Just like a light import with a turbo can turn awesome ET's tuned and setup right

i mean im cutting 1.58's on a 245/50/16 inch nitto drag radial and running 11's without ported heads/cam

maybe with some et streets and good weather i could pull some low 1.5 60's and MAYBE hit a 11.79best give or take..

Granted most of our guys run et streets, but to me nittos will hook just as well. I gave up the stock internal chase and decided to throw a small cam in so hopefully i can see some 11.5-6's on nittos. Also I have the 98 LS1, and the 01's and 02's are about 2 tenths quicker over us stock

these ET's arent BS but im sure some may think they are. Its just like some guys dont believe how good a 4banger or 6 can run!!
Old 07-22-2002, 03:45 PM   #14
slowls1

Re: Re: Re: Locked posts??

Quote:

Whats nice is that a mid/high 12 sec 6-speed LS-1 will put a nice hurting on low 12 sec A4 car. Check out the trap speeds in the 1/4 mile. M6's rule on the street.

ill see ya this sunday on the street hahaa

but its true though! Just look at the trap speeds. Whomever has the best trap usually will be the winner in a HP race from say 40-60rolls.

i mean a 12.6@114 car will more than likely kick a 11.9@112 cars ass from a 60 roll

autos rule on the track for us, while M6's rock on the street
Old 07-22-2002, 03:52 PM   #15
slowls1

Quote:
Originally posted by Niacin
2002 LS1's are trapping what my 1998 is trapping on spray. :cry: :whimper: They're getting quick, but I don't think they're 11.6 quick.

Max

BTW im generally trapping 112.6-113

but when i had N20 on the car, on motor my traps where 110 but spraying in 2-3 only i picked up to 117 on a 75dry shot

my car always surged on spray so ive since taken the spray off, i always get a kick outta guys saying your spraying to run 11's lol Then i just pop the hood and its no n20 at all

the bolt on stock internal record is still 11.3 i think

there are plenty LS1's running 11's with stall and headers.. check out ls1techs drag section, im 98TAauto on there
Old 07-22-2002, 05:05 PM   #16
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

so auto's are faster? thats interesting..... im not doubting, but as far as imports auto=power and speed theif. they grab an extra 5% of your power and have terrible gearing compaired to the 5sp companion.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:34 PM   #17
slowls1

auto's are faster track cars and from dead stop. Since its easier to launch them and cut good 60's. M6's are a PITA to get off the line and shift without breakin loose and loosing traction(thus loosing the race)

but from a 40-60roll the M6 cars will kill a auto 90% of the time

from dead stop the A4 usually gets the win, unless you start running top end races, then the M6 will generally catch up after the 1/4th
Old 07-22-2002, 08:58 PM   #18
AzCivic

I went to ls1.com rather than the one you listed and found that the guys who were running in the 11's had either nitrous or an upgraded cam with the headers and some other stuff you guys do(pulling out that screen in the manifold that's supposed to "straighten out the air" and the other free stuff) and of course slicks. As far as the newer ls1's being faster than the 98's what did chevy change? A few months ago I was going to buy a 99 camaro SS or Z28 but it just seemed like a big hassle to sale my car then shop around for another one, plus my car payment would double plus the increase in insurance of about 100 a month. sigh...it'll be awhile till i can keep up with you guys if only my wife didn't want new leather furniture.
Old 07-22-2002, 09:06 PM   #19
slowls1

the 01's have the LS6 intake and a different cam setup as far as i know. Other than that its the same basic setup. Its just that 98-00's had a PITA breaking 12's stock or with a few little mods. And the 01-02's can do it with a good driver or just exhaust and lid(simple things)

LS1.com has the list with everyones times together

LS1TECH has the list of just bolt on stock internal cars, heads/cam cars, n20 cars, and etc.

http://xs-fx.com/list/ls1tech_list.php

go to stock internal bolt on im like only 18-19th
Old 07-22-2002, 09:13 PM   #20
AzCivic

Do you mean the LS6 engine has the different intake manifold and cam, the one that's in the corvette ZO6. I dont think the ls1's have that or they'd be LS6's!?
Old 07-22-2002, 09:27 PM   #21
slowls1

Quote:
Do you mean the LS6 engine has the different intake manifold and cam, the one that's in the corvette ZO6. I dont think the ls1's have that or they'd be LS6's!?

No, the LS1 got there intake. They have a different size cam than the 98-00's do, but i didnt mean it was a LS6 cam.

Im getting ready to order the LS6 intake for mine also, since it seems to be doing so well on the 01-02's LS1's

hopefully this makes sense
Old 07-22-2002, 11:55 PM   #22
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
auto's are faster track cars and from dead stop. Since its easier to launch them and cut good 60's. M6's are a PITA to get off the line and shift without breakin loose and loosing traction(thus loosing the race)

but from a 40-60roll the M6 cars will kill a auto 90% of the time

from dead stop the A4 usually gets the win, unless you start running top end races, then the M6 will generally catch up after the 1/4th

well wouldnt it pay off to just practice launches? when you can get a good launch out of a MT then you have a faster car? correct? i know i have shitty track launches from the one night i went. but ive worked on them and im going back in a week or 2 to see if i can do better. MT just puts more of the skill on the driver IMO

Old 07-24-2002, 12:42 PM   #23
Hannibal

Quote:

The big differences in the 98-00 LS-1's and the 01-02's are the cam and the intake. The intake is what is called the "LS6 intake: which is the same as what is on the 02 Z06's (LS6 engine). It is a little better flowing and frequently shows about 8-10 RWHP on the dyno.

The cam though is actually a little less aggressive. The reason this was done was that the SS's/WS6's/Hawk's were putting out about 335 HP (advertised at the flywheel). If the more aggressive cam was kept in, it would have meant HP numbers that would encroach of those of the Vettes (345 HP) which ofcourse is the GM flagship car. So they were cut back slightly even though anyone can tell you they are still underated (personally = 335 RWHP 350 LB/Ft RW Tourque with nothing other than lid and cutout). That equates to about 385 HP at the flywheel.

Hope that helps a little.

As for the racing aspect between A4's and M6's:

A4's are MUCH easier to launch. You can preload the rear which helps control spinning cause you dont shock the rearend like you would with an M6 when you drop the clutch. ANd you only have to worry about the gas pedal as in if you spin, you can play/feather the gas. With a M6, you have to feather the clutch and play with the gas to find the happy medium that day. Also, an A4 shifts alot quicker than even a great Manual driver. In additon, an A4 will only shift 2x's (1 to 2, and 2 to 3rd) while a M6 driver with stock set up (3.42 gears) will have to shift 3 x's in the 1/4 mile and still has the chance of a bad/slow shift especially between 2nd and 3rd while the A4 is errorless.

Like SlowLS1 said, on the street, a M6 has the advantage. This is due to more gears (5 foward gears compared to 3 in an A4 - not including OD in either) which allow the M6 to select a gear that puts them in the high RPM/high HP range when an A4 has to use what the computer gives him. An example is that a 60mph - I can drop to 2nd gear which puts me at about 4000 RPM and in an high HP range. In additon, the M6's tend to put out more HP (to the rear wheels) and have a better gear in them (3.42's compared to 3.23's) which helps with pulling power on the roll.

Hope this clarify's some things.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:45 PM   #24
slowls1

u hit that nail right on the head

A4: track or dead stop

M6: street/rolls

Old 07-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #25
Hannibal

Oh yeah SlowLS1 - I will see you on the street on Sunday. That way I can demonstrate EXACTLY what I am talking about - LOL.

Just kidding Harold.

Hannibal a "cammed" SlowLS1 LOL
Old 07-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #26
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i got ya now, thanx for that.. really helped. it sounds like domestic auto trannys dont rob as much % of power as imports do.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:19 PM   #27
slowls1

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
i got ya now, thanx for that.. really helped. it sounds like domestic auto trannys dont rob as much % of power as imports do.

4THGen, they do rob alot of power. Most autos i think only dyno 280-290hp to the rear, while the M6's dyno 320ish to the rear

the 6 speeds roughly have another 20-30hp then us, which is why from a roll the M6 unsually wins provided he doesnt miss shift

Hanna: ill see that ol pos SS sunday
Old 07-24-2002, 01:30 PM   #28
Hannibal

Quote:

4THGen, they do rob alot of power. Most autos i think only dyno 280-290hp to the rear, while the M6's dyno 320ish to the rear

the 6 speeds roughly have another 20-30hp then us, which is why from a roll the M6 unsually wins provided he doesnt miss shift

Hanna: ill see that ol pos SS sunday

POS??? I am hurt by that comment - LOL. You know my baby NEVER gets dirty.

Infact, I will give you a warning for Sunday: Don't directly at the car or you could be blinded - too much "bling" coming off her. Could do damage - LOL
Old 07-24-2002, 03:41 PM   #29
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Locked posts??

Quote:
Guys, whats with all of the locked posts?? Its not a thing wrong with friendly debating. Just as long as it doesnt resort to your momma said and yo momma is a.. hell you get the picture
The posts get locked when debates turn to flaming or bashing as well as the "yo mamma" stuff. We liek to keep it friendly. I enjoy a good debate. Just not the mud slinging.....
Old 08-05-2002, 06:51 PM   #30
97CivicFerio

Yes, a friendly debate is fine. But when someone shares a true experience it should be generally believed. I have been around here a long time, and people who have been here with me know I am not here to lay on the BS, start fights, or intentionally give people bad advice. I love domestic cars as well as imports. We all just need to try to get along.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:10 PM   #31
Niacin

Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicFerio
Yes, a friendly debate is fine. But when someone shares a true experience it should be generally believed.

That's because your story reeks of non-truth.

Max
Old 08-06-2002, 06:47 PM   #32
AzCivic

OH GOD!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:32 PM   #33
97CivicFerio

Niacin that is fine. But that is also just your opionion, you know nothing of the facts of my story.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:18 PM   #34
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Come on now. Let's not have to lock the thread about locking posts. That'd be damn pathetic.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:28 AM   #35
97CivicFerio

Indeed it would be Civic_Addict.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:28 AM   #36
Niacin

Whatevah.

Max
Old 08-07-2002, 12:30 PM   #37
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Come on now. Let's not have to lock the thread about locking posts. That'd be damn pathetic.

Yeah that'd be pretty bad