.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2001, 08:06 PM   #41
Matrix

Actually, the guy in the Prelude in that video is a guy with a screen name Prelude_LC at H-A.net. He is a racer in Plano, TX who has apparently earned a reputation for being able to drive his car VERY well. He's also got a reputation for pulling off the seemingly impossible.

I'm still skeptical about some of his wins (like against the GS-T), but I won't call BS on him yet, either. I would like to take my 89 ProbeGT down there to race him, but who's got time for a trip like that?
Old 12-22-2001, 08:25 PM   #42
gixer

alright, i read through about 15 posts and simply got tired of hearing a tsi running 18lbs of boost on a t25 turbo, i mean, i can barely boost to 16psi......at most, his car is boosting 13-14psi. even that is hard to believe, i used to drive a 92 prelude si, and an eclipse gsx, the prelude would lose but not by much. in his case, he drives a vtec, which would keep up much better. when i modded my eclispe, i felt absolutely no gains until i went for an exhaust and downpipe, and later, more complex mods. with that combo(exhaust, downpipe), i would be lucky to have added 1-3lbs of boost. stock for stock, the two cars are comparable with the tsi edging out the prelude........but with his mods compared to the tsi's mods, this win is legit.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:29 AM   #43
toykilla

gixer, maybe you should have read more because he already admitted to being wrong about the boost. good work man. LOL
Old 01-03-2002, 09:28 AM   #44
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah, i went on what my friend told me, now that i herd what about 10-15 other dsm'ers say about the engines, i must belive them.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 02:47 AM   #45
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
gixer, maybe you should have read more because he already admitted to being wrong about the boost. good work man. LOL

i see.......
Old 01-05-2002, 01:55 AM   #46
toykilla

=)
Old 02-23-2002, 08:15 PM   #47
silverlude93

boost

You stated that his guage went from 15 to 18. Stock turbos on DSM's run 11. So theoritically he went from 11 to 14, with the guage wrong?