Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2003, 11:45 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Porsche can suck it

Well I was back up in KC this weekend and it was nice all weekend so I decided to knock the dust out of the Mustang since it'd been sitting in the garage for a couple weeks. While I was out cruising around I figured I'd do some X-mas shopping so I headed to the big local shopping area which is out by where all the rich folks live. I pulled up to a light and I had the music up pretty load so I barely even noticed this Porsche pull up next to me until I rolled down my window to flick my cigarette and he's reving at me. I looked away and rolled my eyes and then turn and tell him "nice car" and ask him what model it is. Apparently it's a 911 GT2...not suprising, this is the same area where I saw a Ferrari F50. So he revved a couple more times so I shot back...it was like that scene in 2F2F with that Challenger and the Eclipse...but this is a Porsche, not a DSM so I figure it should be interesting. Light turns green and we both nailed it. He got the jump because, as usual, I wasn't careful and floored it too quick and pulled the front end up a bit. But by the engine of second gear I was at his door and pulling like a mf'er. We took it up to about 85mph and I had an easy 1 1/2 car lengths. He followed me into the parking lot and I popped my hood for him and he looked pissed...the look that can only come from some yuppie asshole who knows he just got owned by a lowly Mustang. Then he says he wants to go from a roll (there's a highway interchange about a mile away from where we were). I told him I was game and I'd even let him be on the horn. We pull even at around 60mph and he holds up 3 fingers. After the 3 quickest beeps I've ever heard he jumps half way through the second one. No matter, I figured. I beat him from a roll so I'm feeling cocky. Around 85mph I caught up with him, blew him a kiss, and slowly pulled until we cut out around 130mph where I had about another car length on him. I honestly thought I'd be on the losing end of that one...yeah, I've got more power, but this is a freakin Porsche. Maybe next I'll go looking for Carrera GTs. Yeah, right.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

nice... very nice

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nice.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
johnriley
2nd Gear

Nice, those joco yuppies need a good smackdown every now and again! Usually none of those rich ****s will ever get on it, good race.
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:35 AM   #5
vtracer20

was a new one or older version? look for a 996
Old 12-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It was a newer one. Afterwords I went home and hopped on Porsche's website to see if the guy was for real (I don't really follow Porsche too well). The one on their site sure as shit looked like the one I raced. As for a 996...I know of their reputation but wouldn't be able to tell you what one looked like.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 12-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #7
Anotherslo1

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO WATCH THAT! CONGRATS!
Old 12-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
cashizslick

Nice kill
Old 12-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill. Good to see the 'normal' guy come out on top. Porsches are nice looking, but they are a bit over priced.
Old 12-11-2003, 07:23 PM   #10
black95gs-t

Good Kill.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:19 PM   #11
denzien

Man, that's quite a setup you've got there

Don't hear about too many turbo mustangs.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:30 PM   #12
95mr2turbo

hahah I bet he went to the dealership and traded it in for a ferrari or somthing faster lol yuppie bastards!
Old 12-15-2003, 04:45 PM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hey...I'm up for that. I'll still take him in a straight line. On a road course...that's different. I *might* be able to keep up but even that'd be a struggle.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:48 AM   #14
mylittlecivic

sweetness

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 06:16 PM   #15
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Nice kill bro!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:28 PM   #16
Porsche 951S

Just wait until you hit a corner.....the story would totally change there. Assuming equal drivers a GT2 would kill a mustang in braking and handling.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Not necessarily. I've attended road course events and turned in nearly identical times with similar Porsches (not GT2s...not sure what model since I'm not a big Porsche guys, but they looked similar). Then again, I've got my suspension built up pretty well and the chassis is braced so well there's virtually no flex. No doubt it would annihilate a stock Mustang. Plus I've got a bit more power to make up for what the handling lacks.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #18
Porsche 951S

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Not necessarily. I've attended road course events and turned in nearly identical times with similar Porsches (not GT2s...not sure what model since I'm not a big Porsche guys, but they looked similar). Then again, I've got my suspension built up pretty well and the chassis is braced so well there's virtually no flex. No doubt it would annihilate a stock Mustang. Plus I've got a bit more power to make up for what the handling lacks.

Even still, a GT2 is the cremé-de-la-cremé of the 911/996 model line. It's got a stripped interior, AWD delete, Sunroof Delete, PCCB brakes, and a ton of other features over a stock 911/996 Twin Turbo. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that your Mustang can't do well if setup right (sure stock is a pig, but it's not hard to fix), but it would take some serious work to outdo a GT2.

The other factor to figure is the driver factor. Odds are you've spent a while at the track, and those similar Porsche's (probably 996 TT's or GT3's if they looked similar) are probably out for the first time.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:59 PM   #19
ray369

i think mr.gt40fied is a great story teller he should make movies
Old 02-14-2004, 01:26 AM   #20
black95gs-t

The real story here is, my R6 owns you both on the track. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

Old 02-14-2004, 03:17 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ray369
i think mr.gt40fied is a great story teller he should make movies

What a coincidence...I think dumbass newbies who know dick about real cars should shut the f@ck up. Goes to show that what should happen usually doesn't.

And black 95...I wouldn't even try against a crotch rocket. There's just no way. In a straight line I *might* have a good shot if the bike is stock, but no way on a road course.

Edit: And Ray...just one more thing. Before you call BS on me, think about it...my 650hp Mustang vs. a 400-and-something hp Porsche. In a straight line it's hardly even a fair fight. But then again...I don't expect someone with 6 posts who goes around flaming established members to think about something like that.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 02-14-2004 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #22
black95gs-t

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
What a coincidence...I think dumbass newbies who know dick about real cars should shut the f@ck up. Goes to show that what should happen usually doesn't.

And black 95...I wouldn't even try against a crotch rocket. There's just no way. In a straight line I *might* have a good shot if the bike is stock, but no way on a road course.

Edit: And Ray...just one more thing. Before you call BS on me, think about it...my 650hp Mustang vs. a 400-and-something hp Porsche. In a straight line it's hardly even a fair fight. But then again...I don't expect someone with 6 posts who goes around flaming established members to think about something like that.

I love this guy.
J

Old 02-15-2004, 01:18 AM   #23
nonovurbizniz

Just for your information GT here is a motortrend write up on the GT2...

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0205_porsche/

And here's what we really care about...

Quote:
We had anticipated sub-4-sec runs to 60 mph, and in-house drag racer John Kiewicz found a 3.77 in there, as long as he launched just right. (Predictably, the line between bogging and spinning is especially fine.) Grabbing gears like a crazy man, Kiwi cleared the quarter mile in 12.09 sec at 119.9 mph. You won't find any faster real-car numbers in our "Road Test Review" listings.

Having said this... Driving a porsche is HARD... their clutches are VERY finicky and as mentioned the line between bogging and ROASTING the tires is very fine... and especially considering it's a 200k+ dollar car most people lean on the lighter side of the pedal... also keep in mind it's RWD TT... I'd imagine that guy has about as much business sitting behind the wheel of that thing as I do driving a School bus.

Also if I remember correctly your 1/4mi. times are better than the GT2 with a VERY PROFESSIONAL driver behind the wheel could do... quite a bit if I remember correctly... don't you run 10's or 11's?

Nice kill... that's the whole point of having a car like yours... make some dick who thought he could go out and spend enough money to buy 2 houses so he could "own the road", realize that he don't own sh!t.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:58 AM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Also if I remember correctly your 1/4mi. times are better than the GT2 with a VERY PROFESSIONAL driver behind the wheel could do... quite a bit if I remember correctly... don't you run 10's or 11's?

Low 10s on street tires, actually...hoping for super high 9s this weekend on slicks (thatnks to myself and the school's drag club renting out the local strip for a day). I hear what you're saying...I'm sure this guy wasn't a professional driver, but he got a pretty good launch and he was standing pretty hard on the loud pedal. But like you said...a 12 second car isn't a 10 second car no matter how you drive it.

Old 02-26-2004, 08:33 PM   #25
nindoo

AMERRRRRRRRRRICAN MUSCLE!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

That's a bummer, I really liked the GT2.

its got 483 bhp, which is kick as for a new car and its freaking light
1,495 kg.

483 bhp on a porsche is not the same as 483 bhp on a mustang. (Not saying that you have 483bhp)

Integra type R stock beats the nissan sylvia stock in the 1/4 mile. Even though the sylvia has like 20 more horsepower and a lot more torque.

I guess some engines are better enginered than other engines.

Porsche made an Engine for that new harley the VROD.

Honda has the fasted of the shelf bike.

Harley Davidson Noise is a mistake its an ineffieciency in the bike, it would go a lot faster if they fixed that. I'm not putting down the Harleys there good cruiser bikes.

I guess I'd still like to drive a gt2 someday.

I heard RUF has a kit for the GT2, and it makes it even sicker. Basically, I guess thats suicide on wheels.

Have you guys seen the Gumball rally?

Its not really a race if the porsche was parked

GT2

GT350
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #26
Civickid0to60

but wait, how can you beat a porsche if you cant beat an h22a nitrous powered accord?! lmao jk. Referring to that homo who posted the other day.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:03 AM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It's amazing...this thread STILL hasn't been whore dto the point that it's been locked. W00t!