::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2002, 10:53 PM   #1
turboprelude

MY Prelude is messed up!

Hi, my name is MAN HA and I live in Columbia, South Carolina.
I have 99 Prelude automatic (sport shift) that is turbocharged. But, I took out the turbo before taking to the dealer....
Well, I think my car is messed up. One day I got in car and started my car and pressed the break and try to shieft from park to drive and suddenly it won't come out from the park! I dont know what's going on.. So, I drove to Honda dealer and on the way there, my car suddenly lost some power and stalled the whole car and suddenly engine cut's off. The battery was dead. So, I towed to Honda dealer and without even unloading my car, Honda dealer said "oh, this car is HOT RIDED", since it's modified, we won't even touch it!" I was like what the HECK! My car is sitting there and I dont know what to do. I checked the transmission fluid and it's in full level. Also, I took it to some body shop next day and they checked the alternator and they said alternator is gone bad. WHAT THE HECK! 1999 Prelude need's alternator? That's not my problem. Even though the alternator won't charge the battery, with some power on battery, it should come out from the park gear. I dont know what is going on. Does any one know if this is a RECALL From the dealer? Please help! I'm in desperate! I'm without the car.!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:47 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

your story is very broken up.... you uninstalled the turbo kit? the tranny is locked for some reason, make sure you didnt wreck anything, if you can uninstall a turbo kit, i'd think you can check around the tranny to see if theres any other problems. let us know if you still need help

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

usually there is a solenoid that prevents the car from getting out of park, unless you press the brake pedal. you should have like a bypass slot that will allow the shifter to move to other gears. i've heard of storries that the barke switch gets messed up and the car is not able to get out of park. also check the solenoid in the central console by the shifter. that could be bad too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote