Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
96civicFL

Raced a 5.0 stang in my truck

I was out chillin with some friends and stoped at a light buddies behind me and a 5.0 stange besides me he reved it up so did i
Light turned green i dumped the clutch at 3 grand spun the tires (not to bad left 2 marks he he) redlined at 5,000rpm's snatched 2nd (did alittle more then a churp) he was still right beside me neck and neck was coming up on redline again so i snatched 3rd churped 3rd now we was at around 60mph in a 45mph then he started inching ahead i was like nooo I came up on 5,000rpms again i was like damn we going fast i snatched 4th then looked at the speedo 97mph i was like oh shit slamped on brakes looked in me and i seen not 1 but 2 sets of red and blues behind me I started shaking cause i knew i was going to jail a flew behind a racetrace gas station my buddies that i sorta left in the dust went behind a Bob Evans and i went behind a dumpster the stang kept on going i ditched my car for a little about 15 mins l8r got in my truck went to my buddies house (he called me and told me he was at his house not to far away) i went there then took his brothers car back to look for the stang that i seen get pulled over
well no cops no guy but just the stang so i think he went to jail

that sucks
but all and all he got me by like 2 feet
in roughly a 1/4 mile I got a 93 Dodge dakota 3.9 V6 not to shabby for a old truck well i had fun HE HE
(i got very few mods on it)

Old 10-03-2002, 06:17 PM   #2
SVT Cobra

oh please... a fox body 5.0 will run a 14.2 quarter mile on average. and you raced to 4th gear and only hit 97? those 5.0s can hit around 90 in 3rd. if you think he actually tried racing your dodge truck, then whatever. im not even gonna make an arguement about this.

Old 10-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #3
drdingo21

my truck can eat 5.0 all day long how ever they will murder my honda....
Old 10-03-2002, 06:36 PM   #4
GirlRacer

SVT....U can't let this 1 go, you make fun of all of us, c'mon now.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:09 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
oh please... a fox body 5.0 will run a 14.2 quarter mile on average. and you raced to 4th gear and only hit 97? those 5.0s can hit around 90 in 3rd. if you think he actually tried racing your dodge truck, then whatever. im not even gonna make an arguement about this.
i didnt think the old mustangs were that fast... cause ive been beating them left and right and i should only be running about 14.5-14.4 maybe since they are old the engines are wearing down?

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:18 PM   #6
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Most depend on how the driver is. If he can't drive to save his life then anyone can be beat. I have both a 91 5.0 and a 2000 civic and love both cars for different reasons. Anyone can win or loose at any time.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
Old 10-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Raced a 5.0 stang in my truck

Quote:
Originally posted by 96civicFL
I was out chillin with some friends and stoped at a light buddies behind me and a 5.0 stange besides me he reved it up so did i
Light turned green i dumped the clutch at 3 grand spun the tires (not to bad left 2 marks he he) redlined at 5,000rpm's snatched 2nd (did alittle more then a churp) he was still right beside me neck and neck was coming up on redline again so i snatched 3rd churped 3rd now we was at around 60mph in a 45mph then he started inching ahead i was like nooo I came up on 5,000rpms again i was like damn we going fast i snatched 4th then looked at the speedo 97mph i was like oh shit slamped on brakes looked in me and i seen not 1 but 2 sets of red and blues behind me I started shaking cause i knew i was going to jail a flew behind a racetrace gas station my buddies that i sorta left in the dust went behind a Bob Evans and i went behind a dumpster the stang kept on going i ditched my car for a little about 15 mins l8r got in my truck went to my buddies house (he called me and told me he was at his house not to far away) i went there then took his brothers car back to look for the stang that i seen get pulled over
well no cops no guy but just the stang so i think he went to jail

that sucks
but all and all he got me by like 2 feet
in roughly a 1/4 mile I got a 93 Dodge dakota 3.9 V6 not to shabby for a old truck well i had fun HE HE
(i got very few mods on it)

Im impressed.. You wrote that whole thing without a comma or a period!
Old 10-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #8
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

i didnt think the old mustangs were that fast... cause ive been beating them left and right and i should only be running about 14.5-14.4 maybe since they are old the engines are wearing down?
its all on the driver with the old 5.0s. LX's have run 13.8 bone stock. the fox bodys are light and have 225 hp and 285 tq. not bad for the 80's. the average driver should be in the 14.4 range.
the automatics are slower. and about them being slow, id be more worried if an old fox body pulled up next to me than some honda with all the eye catching junk or even a newer mustang. there are tons of mods available for the 5.0 so you never know what the outcome will be. when i had my 95 5.0 i got murdered by an 86 gt which i thought i would easily beat.

Old 10-04-2002, 11:45 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

my friend had a 88gt, that thing hauled some serious ass. he had headers, exaust of some sort, a rear end(4.10 i think), and a chip. at least thats what he told me, i wasnt really knowledgable about cars then, so i kinda forgot, but the car would pin me in my seat.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:22 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: Re: Raced a 5.0 stang in my truck

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Im impressed.. You wrote that whole thing without a comma or a period!

haha

Nice kill though.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
Old 10-05-2002, 02:23 PM   #11
96civicFL

Well I will admit this the stang was not running realy good so that helped my little dodge is fast. Alot faster then some of these "civics" but i am not saying its the fastest car out there but its fast for what it is

Old 10-05-2002, 11:16 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill.

Throw some periods in next time though. Makes for an easier read....
Old 10-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #13
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Well I will admit this the stang was not running realy good so that helped my little dodge is fast. Alot faster then some of these "civics" but i am not saying its the fastest car out there but its fast for what it is

was this thread really worthy of being a kill story?

Old 10-10-2002, 10:07 PM   #14
monkut

sure its worthy, if its true. too bad you can never tell.

Old 10-12-2002, 12:25 AM   #15
GirlRacer

Old 10-14-2002, 12:08 AM   #16
mystic_z

hahah, no 5.0 will ever go 13.8 stock, hes just mad he owns a sh!tty ford.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:56 AM   #17
SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic_z

wanna bet? you obviously have no knowledge of anything and believe your car is the best because it is an ugly chevy.
i'm pretty sure your upset that you have 1.1 more liters than i do and would get plenty of views of my tail lights. also pretty sure shitty fords outsold camaros/trans ams like 4 to 1....

Old 10-14-2002, 07:42 AM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by mystic_z

Yes they can. You obviously don't get out to the track much.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:43 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

First of all, I gotta say that your writing skills make me sad.

Secondly...I wanna get this right...you're bragging about *almost* beating a car that was running poorly? Do you kick puppies too?

Hey SVT...go easy on the Chevy kid...he's just pissed that Camaros are dead and Cobras are making 390hp.

And Waaaay back in the day of the first EFI Mustangs there were guys in the high 11s with some suspension parts, slicks, and bone stock motors.

Bottom line...this thread started off as a total waste of space and turned into something mildly amusing. Although I feel dumber for reading the first post, I thank you all for making me chuckle.

1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
Old 10-16-2002, 08:43 PM   #20
LT18u

Quote:
wanna bet? you obviously have no knowledge of anything and believe your car is the best because it is an ugly chevy.
i'm pretty sure your upset that you have 1.1 more liters than i do and would get plenty of views of my tail lights. also pretty sure shitty fords outsold camaros/trans ams like 4 to 1....

You are joking right?? I wanna know where this downhill 1/4 track with a 40mph tailwind is??

Old 10-16-2002, 08:47 PM   #21
LT18u

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Hey SVT...go easy on the Chevy kid...he's just pissed that Camaros are dead and Cobras are making 390hp.

Wow you ford guys MUST be bursting with pride, It takes you 380@the wheels to run with a Camaro with 340 350@ the wheels. yuuppppie

Old 10-16-2002, 09:03 PM   #22
drdingo21

that ford out sold camaros remark gets me.... let look at it like this. people bought mustange because they are cheap and sporty. compare a mustang that can run with a z or a ws6 (saleen, cobra etc) and im willing to bet they didn't out sell chevy by much if at all.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:10 PM   #23
LT18u

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
that ford out sold camaros remark gets me.... let look at it like this. people bought mustange because they are cheap and sporty. compare a mustang that can run with a z or a ws6 (saleen, cobra etc) and im willing to bet they didn't out sell chevy by much if at all.

I never thought of it like that. lol I don't know why. But, DAMN good point there. Most Mustangs are V6s and bought by girls that get them cuz they are "cute".

Old 10-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #24
mt.biker

this has become a simple pissing contest, but about something NO ONE CARES ABOUT.
Who out sold who makes no difference to the performance of the car.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #25
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
this has become a simple pissing contest, but about something NO ONE CARES ABOUT.
Who out sold who makes no difference to the performance of the car.
chill out. we were talking thats all why would post something like that
Old 10-16-2002, 10:15 PM   #26
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by LT18u
Wow you ford guys MUST be bursting with pride, It takes you 380@the wheels to run with a Camaro with 340 350@ the wheels. yuuppppie

That's true...but what could Ford have done if they'd evened out the cubic inches? It sure as hell won't matter at a stoplight or run what you brung races. 380hp is 380hp. Bottom line is that Mustangs are still around and Camaros aren't. You Chevy guys might not wanna hear it, but Chevy ****ed themselves. They had a good looking car in '94 with the new Camaro, but they made hardly any changes and people got bored with them and stopped buying. No one likes a car company who rests on their laurels. But who cares what car sold more? It's kind of a moot point now. All Ford owners have left to do is race Chevy's leftovers. For what it's worth, I'm not wild about the DEW platform ('99-present) Mustangs. They're not bad, but give me a Fox body hatchback anyday. Bursting with pride? No. But I do have a big shit-eatting grin.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-17-2002, 12:01 AM   #27
ShEaNy

umm isnt chevy..sorta going towards building there trucks and vans and SUV's..and stupid cavaliers.. alot better?..i think there "half" setting down from the performance catagory..*takes a piss on a cavalier* but i dont know shit about what there doing...im guessing this...
.. BTW i dont think ive seen one person with a cav here in the forum?
Old 10-17-2002, 12:08 AM   #28
SVT Cobra

LT18U... guess what? LT1's suck. even LT1 vettes blow. get over it. you couldn't touch me. and its a drivers race against an LS1 for me. i do like ls1 t/a's, i'll admit. camaros are just plain ugly. they look like catfish. i wanna puke when i see them, especially in green

don't give me that "ford needs a supercharger to run with 350's b.s." Ford doesnt really care what GM does. if they wanted a battle of who is faster... sorry but have you heard of a 5.4 DOHC?
that engine has well over 400hp and it's still smaller than the 5.7. a few guys have them at over 600rwhp N/A.
that sucks huh? and wait.... what happens when mustangs have 5.8's (351 ci)? get the picture? its gotta suck that my little 281 ruins ur 350. ford has superior technology and shows it cuz they still make mustangs. the z06 is all gm has left, and 03 cobra's with a lightning pulley walk all over them.
next time think before u say something so retarded....

Old 10-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #29
drdingo21

man i was hoping you were banned, it was so peaceful around here with out you....
Old 10-17-2002, 02:54 AM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by drdingo21
man i was hoping you were banned, it was so peaceful around here with out you....

Holy shit....I'm starting to feel the same way. Jesus tits SVT....you're starting to embarass me. Not ALL Chevys suck...just a few of them. Namely the ones with the uninformed drivers. You're using the DOHC 5.4 to back up your claims...but they only found their way into '00 Cobra Rs (limited to 400) and the future GT40 in supercharged form at what will most likely be $100,000 a pop. And Mustangs haven't come with 351s since the 70's. Sure, they're easily transplantable, but certainly not stock. In a race I'd make you buy me lunch, but do you see me showboating about how great Ford is? Sure, newer Camaros aren't my cup of tea, but what else do you have for competition? You wanna run against 4 banger Civics all day? Would that make you feel like a big man? Don't get me wrong man...I'm happy to see another Ford man on the boards, but for shit's sake....pick your battles. Not every thread mentioning Ford is a war you need to fight. Same goes for you Chevy guys...this shit could go back and forth for months. Bottom line is that some people like Chevys and some like Fords...or Hondas or Acuras or DSMs or whatever. I do, hoever, think it's funny that a Ford vs. Chevy debate came up on a Honda website.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 10-17-2002 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:51 AM   #31
SVT Cobra

well when you get intelligent comments like, "hahah, no 5.0 will ever go 13.8 stock, hes just mad he owns a sh!tty ford." it's hard.

some chevy ppl are cool, and so are some of their cars. but not these assholes that think they are the best because theyve got a 350, and GM is unbeatable.

here's an engine that will be in production. the 5.0 DOHC in 2005. it will have over 400 hp and be totally n/a. i'll definitly be buying one in 05 or 06. i can't wait for it.

Old 10-17-2002, 04:23 PM   #32
monkut

will that be in the new svt cobras or what? that sounds awesome.

Old 10-17-2002, 04:43 PM   #33
LT18u

Quote:
LT18U... guess what? LT1's suck. even LT1 vettes blow. get over it. you couldn't touch me. and its a drivers race against an LS1 for me. i do like ls1 t/a's, i'll admit. camaros are just plain ugly. they look like catfish. i wanna puke when i see them, especially in green

don't give me that "ford needs a supercharger to run with 350's b.s." Ford doesnt really care what GM does. if they wanted a battle of who is faster... sorry but have you heard of a 5.4 DOHC?
that engine has well over 400hp and it's still smaller than the 5.7. a few guys have them at over 600rwhp N/A.
that sucks huh? and wait.... what happens when mustangs have 5.8's (351 ci)? get the picture? its gotta suck that my little 281 ruins ur 350. ford has superior technology and shows it cuz they still make mustangs. the z06 is all gm has left, and 03 cobra's with a lightning pulley walk all over them.
next time think before u say something so retarded....

You are a joke. You think nobody has a ls1 over 600@ the wheels? My buddy has a LT1 that runs 9.7s @139.

So, your car is fast? You run what about 13.8 wow that's fast!! and It only took you how much money to do so??

The s351 runs 13 Flat yeppie let me run out and spend 40k+ on one of those slostangs.

You are a moron you CAN'T take the fastest time you've ever heard for a car and say it runs that all day.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:10 PM   #34
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

------CLOSED--------------

As much fun as it is to watch the Chevy & Ford battle, this topics gone way off topic.

Feel free to start a debate in Shifting Gears - Off-Topic

-------CLOSED-----------
Closed Thread