::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2003, 08:51 PM   #1
Wren57

mr2 spyder vs me... in a g35c

I went test-driving the infiniti g35 coupe today and came across a toyota mr2 spyder... i looked over at the two suits in it and the salesman told me to "light them up" so I did and destroyed the mr2 through some twisties getting onto the interstate, slowed down, and destroyed them again... so much fun, me must have g35c
Old 03-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
Civic98

nicee are u getting the g35c?? .......
Old 03-26-2003, 09:23 PM   #3
Wren57

we'll see
Old 03-27-2003, 07:32 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

with a dealer in the car crazy
Old 03-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
ShEaNy

lol thata way...nice car and kill..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #6
CD5Passion

nice nice nice, the dealer encouraged you to race??
Old 03-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #7
Civic98

was the dealer drunk?
Old 03-29-2003, 12:16 AM   #8
Wren57

yup- sure did... he wanted me to show them they had nothing
Old 03-29-2003, 12:18 AM   #9
Wren57

and no, he wasnt drunk
an old balding dude with a bad comb-back style of comb-over
i was surprised about all three guys i test drove with really wanted me to get on it and push the car to see how well it did... I rode with a badass 25yr old guy w/ nissan 350z, a stuck up prick at the honda dealership, and the old guy at infiniti, and all of them told me to let her loose... was surprisingly a blast!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
Shot 2 Hel

CrazE
Old 04-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #11
Fast Eddie

How is life in FantasyLand?

Son, you have more BS than the Chicago Stockyards. I have driven a Toyota MR-2 Spyder since the car was introduced in 2000 and have owned dozens of other REAL sports cars in my rather long life. The Toyota Spyder is better in the twisties than just about any car sold today. Wishing does not make it so. The next time you want to brag about some fantasy kill, pick a more realistic opponent. Perhaps a Kia or a '61 Buick. If any of your post really happened (which I seriously doubt) it was probably two other salesmen from the dealership in the Spyder playing a bit of "customer golf" with you. "OH LOOKIE! You beat an MR-2 in the twisties, you should buy this car!"
Old 04-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #12
alpine3069

Hey Fast Eddie have you ever drove the Q35?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #13
Fast Eddie

In fact, I have. A family friend was car shopping and asked for my help. She is seventy-one and wanted to replace her Mercedes. The Q35 is a very nice sedan and will haul quite a large load of groceries. I recommended that she buy it and she did. I was impressed with the fit and finish, and the forgiving nature of the car. It was just perfect for her and for other old ladies, so she bought it. However, I prefer sports cars. Your tastes may differ.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #14
ShEaNy

are we still talking about the red car in highlanders sig?? cause it looks like more then a grocery getter to me....
Old 04-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #15
silver

it's was a g35, not q35.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #16
Wren57

Uhoh, what do we have here
TROLL
Aren't biased towards the mr2 spyder are we? maybe because you drive one you think its the best car ever. I have news for you, I DID beat the spyder through twisties... ever think that the huge HP advantage may have helped? In the most recent C&D the Mustang Cobra outpaced the G35 and RX-8 through a road-course. Does this mean it handles better? No, it means it has better exit speed to blast past the other two cars...
Wake up, bud, your car isn't all you make it out to be, but hey, neither is a highlander
Old 04-24-2003, 11:55 PM   #17
ShEaNy

i still think ..he thinks it was a Q35 MEH its a real nice/fast car ....the G35....
Old 04-25-2003, 08:06 AM   #18
Fast Eddie

Right, I'm a troll

Son, a troll is someone who hops on a board and posts something outrageous just to get a response. I was replying to your outrageous post and so perhaps the troll here is... well you get it. I certainly don't think that the Toyota MR-2 Spyder is the best car ever built. I do drive one though and have for quite some time now and I do know that it is one of the most nimble Roadsters on the market today. You are comparing apples to oranges here. The (fill in the letter)35 is a sedan. Plain and simple. There is even a four door model! It is designed to ferry the kids to the soccer field and to haul the family provisions. The Q model is designed to keep that teenage son quiet if he has to borrow mommy's car to take little Suzy to the prom. I have been driving sports cars long before you were born and the Spyder will eat any sedans lunch on the two lane twisties. An on-ramp to the interstate is NOT the twisties. It is an on-ramp. The reason that you "beat" the two suits in the Spyder (if in fact any of that actually happened) is that nobody in a Spyder would give that car a second look. Get real.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #19
ShEaNy

lol first he calls u son....second he has 3 posts....2 of em here trying to explain how he was there....saw the race....and its wrong....damn Ur not a troll....ur right.....sORry....lol.....ah well...
Old 04-25-2003, 10:23 AM   #20
Wren57

Haha Fast Eddie, you are so dense! It is NOT a four-door car, it is NOT a Q, it is twisties and if you knew the onramp Im talking about you would agree (anyone i nMemphis wanna verify, Im talking about the entrance going north on Airways from Democrat)... And you are not a troll? Ha, all three of your posts are trying to say I am wrong, good job buddy. Perhaps you didnt notice I have nearly 900 posts in over a year? Look at the red car in my signature, THAT is the g35 coupe... I will accept your apology in reply, PM, e-mail or IM. Have a nice day.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #21
Fast Eddie

Oh, you are correct. I am sorry. I'm sorry I ever came over to talk to you riceboys. Wow! Nine hundred posts! I didn't think it could be piled that high. See you later, tunas. Enjoy life in Fantasyland.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie
Oh, you are correct. I am sorry. I'm sorry I ever came over to talk to you riceboys. Wow! Nine hundred posts! I didn't think it could be piled that high. See you later, tunas. Enjoy life in Fantasyland.

that's fine dude. you are welcome to stay. sometimes the things get out of hand around here, and don't take it personally. My personal oppinion is that nissan sucks, but then again it's just me.

92 accord the best car evah built

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 03:58 PM   #23
HgSpyder

q35c or g35c

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
lol first he calls u son....second he has 3 posts....2 of em here trying to explain how he was there....saw the race....and its wrong....damn Ur not a troll....ur right.....sORry....lol.....ah well...

Hey, I think NashVegasSpyder lives in the Memphis area. You should go get that G35 and look him up. I'm sure he would be willing to follow you through whatever twisties you want. Don't let him if front of you though, because if you do you'll never see him again.

Just for the record, I love Nissans and Infinitis. I think the G35 is a very nice sport sedan/coupe (it does have a back seat, right) and does very well in a straight line. There is just no way a 3500 lb car is going to do that great in the twisties, unless it's a Z06 or something like that.

BTW, if you knew it's called a g35, why did you use q35 in the post subject? Nevermind, I see you edited the mistake.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:37 PM   #24
silver

Re: Right, I'm a troll

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie
Son, a troll is someone who hops on a board and posts something outrageous just to get a response. I was replying to your outrageous post and so perhaps the troll here is... well you get it. I certainly don't think that the Toyota MR-2 Spyder is the best car ever built. I do drive one though and have for quite some time now and I do know that it is one of the most nimble Roadsters on the market today. You are comparing apples to oranges here. The (fill in the letter)35 is a sedan. Plain and simple. There is even a four door model! It is designed to ferry the kids to the soccer field and to haul the family provisions. The Q model is designed to keep that teenage son quiet if he has to borrow mommy's car to take little Suzy to the prom. I have been driving sports cars long before you were born and the Spyder will eat any sedans lunch on the two lane twisties. An on-ramp to the interstate is NOT the twisties. It is an on-ramp. The reason that you "beat" the two suits in the Spyder (if in fact any of that actually happened) is that nobody in a Spyder would give that car a second look. Get real.

140hp and 120lbs/tq vs. 280hp and 270lbs/tq.
yes there is a 1300lb discrepancy, but the g35 is arguably the finest engineered automobile that nissan has on the market. and I have taken an mr2 in the "twisties", needless to say I was rather dissapointed, no power coming out of the turns, but maybe that is because I wasn't being given a second look either. I am not dissing the mr2, but I am dissing your holier than thou attitude thinking that since someone drives that car, everything else is a toy to them.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:19 PM   #25
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
My personal oppinion is that nissan sucks, but then again it's just me.

Hehe, had to do it! Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I like hondas, they are fun as hell to drive!
Attached Images
File Type: gif humpinghonduh.gif (15.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-27-2003, 09:06 PM   #26
Wren57

OK, I did some research... lets compare facts, shall we?

HP
MR2 130
G35 280

Weight
MR2 2200 lbs
G35 3500lbs

0-60
MR2 Spyder 6.8 seconds
G35 Coupe 5.5 seconds

70-0
MR2 167 feet
G35 164 feet

Drag coeffecient
MR2 (top up) .35
G35 .29

Lateral Grip
MR2 .88G
G35 .92G

unfortunately I cant find the slalom time for either one, so feel free to post one up. BTW all this info is from www.caranddriver.com... Son...
Old 04-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #27
ShEaNy

i love nissans......mmmm NX2000 and im wondering y that guy quoted my statement telling me some guy will race me....who lives in a different country.....if im reading it right lol and i have a 3000 pound car with like 150 horse (if that) .....WOW who WOuld LOSE lLOL
Old 04-29-2003, 08:24 AM   #28
Wren57

Hah I think he was talking about NashVegasSpyder or whoever racing me, because I live in Memphis also. Once I get my car past break-in I would be more than happy to shut you up by racing him. It will be late July or so because the car is being delivered in June.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:49 AM   #29
HgSpyder

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
OK, I did some research... lets compare facts, shall we?

HP
MR2 130
G35 280

Weight
MR2 2200 lbs
G35 3500lbs

0-60
MR2 Spyder 6.8 seconds
G35 Coupe 5.5 seconds

70-0
MR2 167 feet
G35 164 feet

Drag coeffecient
MR2 (top up) .35
G35 .29

Lateral Grip
MR2 .88G
G35 .92G

unfortunately I cant find the slalom time for either one, so feel free to post one up. BTW all this info is from www.caranddriver.com... Son...

Lateral Grip
MR2 1.03G
G35 .93G

Slalom
MR2 72.8
G35 69.2

This info is from Sport Compact Car

Actually, after reading SCC's article on the G35C I'm very impressed with it. It does much better than the 350Z. It still can't keep up with the Spyder in the twisties though.

Highlander, if you want to have some fun and give it a try, you should come to the Dragon in October for our fall run. You should be past the break-in period by then and I would love to see how the G35 would do on some killer twisties.

We should have several people coming from your area.

www.tailofthedragon.com
Old 05-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #30
Wren57

if that 1.03G number is correct, then I am very impressed. I dont know how the slalom is setup exactly, but I will concede that an MR2 would do better on a tight course than a G35, but the G will have MUCH better times around an open course, where acceleration actually matters... I would come to VA, but thats quite a drive, and next October I will be in Tuscaloosa AL at the U of A , so that would make it even further... maybe you know some guys in that area?
Old 05-01-2003, 06:52 PM   #31
ShEaNy

lol once i get my H22 swap with some mad bolt ons lol..ill race ya'll
Old 05-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #32
HgSpyder

Quote:
if that 1.03G number is correct, then I am very impressed. I dont know how the slalom is setup exactly, but I will concede that an MR2 would do better on a tight course than a G35, but the G will have MUCH better times around an open course, where acceleration actually matters... I would come to VA, but thats quite a drive, and next October I will be in Tuscaloosa AL at the U of A , so that would make it even further... maybe you know some guys in that area?

True, if it's not mostly twistes, then the accleration would win out most of the time. Although, if speeds stay below 110 - 120 then the Spyder does pretty good.

The Dragon is in NC and TN on US129. It's not far from Memphis or Tuscaloosa for that matter. It's about 40 minutes from Knoxville. I think you would enjoy running it a few times, it really is fun. I can let you know when the date is finalized if you think you might want to come.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:49 AM   #33
Wren57

OK, sounds good. Let me know when you have a date set.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:20 PM   #34
HgSpyder

Quote:
OK, sounds good. Let me know when you have a date set.

OK, the date has been set for Oct 25th and 26th. Look for a whole bunch of Spyders at Deals Gap.