::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2002, 01:50 PM   #1
RonHodge

Fuel Injectors

Has anyone purchased ACCEL Performance Fuel Injectors? I was thinking about purchasing me a set. The only problem is that I'm not familiar with the name.

Ron
Old 10-27-2002, 05:58 PM   #2
ShEaNy

what are u running? turbo?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:16 PM   #3
RonHodge

You can check out my car at

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=188254

I just ordered a greddy turbo kit for my car. I also ordered a greddy bov. I had a zex kit on my car, so I had a few mods already installed. I keep hearing, I should be run bigger injectors and a aftermarket fuel pump. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ron
1995 Honda Civic EX 4 DR Automatic
Old 10-28-2002, 08:11 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

Ya you should be running bigger injectors and possibly a bigger fuel pump (you can skimp on this for a while but you risk burning it out.) if you have turbo (the kits fuel managment is ok but not the greatest so as long as you run there boost settings everything is probobly fine stock. but if you want to run more boost you should get bigger injectors.)

As far as accel as a brand I don't have any experience with them. I've heard of people using them but don't recall any definitive comments. (they make wires and ignition stuff too, they are a reputable company in the domestic scene (not the biggest name though))

My suggestion would to go with either RC Engineering injectors or the DSM 440cc injectors (some dude on ebay is selling them cleaned and balanced to flow within 3% of one another which is good for under 200).

Butt you need fuel managment of some kind to not just blindly squirt gas in yer engine.

good luck
hope that helps
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:37 PM   #5
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Do not, I repeat do NOT order accell injectors. They don't fit. I ordered them for my car and they didn't fit. So I sent them back thinking they were the wrong injectors, and they sent me the "right ones" which were still the same as before. I called accell and they said that some injectors require modification to fit. BS!!! If I'm buying injectors they better plug right in. I would opt for venom injectors if I were you, or shell out the cash for RC.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #6
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RonHodge
You can check out my car at

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=188254

I just ordered a greddy turbo kit for my car. I also ordered a greddy bov. I had a zex kit on my car, so I had a few mods already installed. I keep hearing, I should be run bigger injectors and a aftermarket fuel pump. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ron
1995 Honda Civic EX 4 DR Automatic

I am running a Greddy turbo kit on my car. Here is a little about my experience.

I have a 1.6 SOHC Vtec motor by the way, the same that is in the civic EX.

I installed the kit and fuel control computer that came with the kit with no trouble at all. Make sure the oil return bun is welded to the oil pan or it will leak. Also make sure the oil return line doesn't get kinked as mine did causing the turbo to get extremely hot.

Second, defenately upgrade your fuel system, your check engine light is going to come on regardless of Greddy's claims that the FCU included in the kit will eliminate this. I went with a BBK fuel pump, B&M fuel flow modifier, Venom Injectors and an aem fuel rail.

I would also recommend upgrading your pistons as mine cracked after a month under boost. I went with arias forged low compression pistons and total seal rings. Also went with a Greddy 2mm head gasket to lower compression further. This is expensive to do but will save you tons of cash in the long run. So far (it's been a few months) I haven't had any further problems.

oh, I'm also running a VAFC to fine tune the fuel mixture, defenately worth the 300$ I picked it up for.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

if you want instruction on how to install the GReddy kit, check out my web site or go to the "how to" forum. my website has pictures that will help you.

as far as fuel management, i done all the basic combination with the exception of stand alone systems like hondata or AEM EMS. the GReddy FCU (blue box) is sufficient up to 8 psi boost, at least that is what GReddy tech rep told me on the phone. for the hell of it, i've boosted with it at 7 psi with no problem, except burn so much freakin gas. now, i'm running the 12:1 vortech FMU and check valve combo and it seems to be working better. i'm getting ready to install my 450cc DSM injectors that i pulled off from a junkyard ($23.75) and hack using the VAFC. a BBK 255LPH in-tank will accompany this mod. i never did get a CEL with any of the previous combo. as mentioned, if you stay with the GReddy blue box and boost stock GReddy 5.5psi, your injector size and fuel pump does NOT need to be upgraded. the GReddy kit is designed to simply bolt on without major upgrades. HOWEVER, it will surely improve your car's performance if you upgrade the fuel pump and injectors.

i say get the DSM 450cc and resistor rig. it will cost you less than $200. a walbro 255lph can be purchased for less than $130.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #8
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

How do you modify DSM injectors to fit a Honda? There is an eclipse at the junkyard by me and I was going to grab the Injectors but I wasn't sure how to modify them.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:20 AM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

dude, grab 'em! they go like hotcakes on the internet from $60-100. i paid $23.75 for mine. ensure that it is a 450cc. not all DSM's run a set of 450cc. but you can get it off from a GST, GSX, TSi, and Laser. you will see a B450L INP-009 printed on the side on 1st gen. i'm doing a write up on this 450cc conversion. to make it fit, it needs to be modified:
1. you must run an in-line resistor to one of the wire that goes to every injector. the resistor has be a minimum of 10ohm-10watt.
2. or u can use a resistor box that came off an older model honda 86-91. these resistor boxes are heatsinked to provide heat protection. it is located under the hood, on the driver side, usually in the vicinity of the right strut tower. it looks like an aluminum box with 5 wires (4 black and 1 red). i have schematics on the way.
3. modify the clips on the injector or use an older honda clip instead.

that is really about it. i'm doing the VAFC hack soon with this set-up. i just do not have time due to my busy schedule.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-01-2002, 03:07 AM   #10
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

let me know the exact details once you get it done. I am running a VAFC also and would really like to know how to do this since there are three eclipse/laser/talons at the junkyard by my house. All turbos.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:52 AM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
....since there are three eclipse/laser/talons at the junkyard by my house. All turbos......

whoah.....i'd be pulling every single injectors on those biatches! but yeah, i'll hook it up later

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-01-2002, 06:03 PM   #12
RonHodge

Thanks for everyone's help. One last question, what should I upgrade first for the turbo install. The fuel pump or fuel injectors? I've been pricing fuel pumps and they range from $120 for a bbk to $180 for a venom. Does it really matter what fuel pump I purchase for my civic?

Ron 95 Civic EX 4DR
Old 11-01-2002, 07:09 PM   #13
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

get a BBK, I have one and it works fine. BBK claims it can support a 500hp motor.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's help. One last question, what should I upgrade first for the turbo install. The fuel pump or fuel injectors? I've been pricing fuel pumps and they range from $120 for a bbk to $180 for a venom. Does it really matter what fuel pump I purchase for my civic?

Ron 95 Civic EX 4DR

Walbro make a high pressure version. You might check them out. Very nice pumps. They actually make the ones for Holley.
http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/
Awesome deals. They guy is legit as well.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:50 PM   #15
RonHodge

Thanks Civic_Addict. I purchased there fuel pump, $113.00 shipped.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:03 PM   #16
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Thanks Civic_Addict. I purchased there fuel pump, $113.00 shipped.

No problem. Glad I could help...
Old 11-05-2002, 04:29 PM   #17
thermal
Banning Machine

Ron, do u have a cat-back system?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-05-2002, 06:05 PM   #18
RonHodge

No, but I've replaced my stock muffler with a Arospeed muffler. Everytime I go to price a catback for my car, it's either for a 92-95 HB or 2Dr Coupe.

Ron
Old 11-05-2002, 06:40 PM   #19
thermal
Banning Machine

get a high flow cat from random tech, car sound or cp motorsports. they are really cheap....less than $100. next, 2.75 to 3 inch custom exhaust pipe going to your arospeed muffler. it'll run you between $100-150 installed. gotta have a free flowing exhaust.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 11-16-2002, 06:35 PM   #20
lowpatrol

ron i have a boosted 4 door lx if you want to spend themoney tanabe and thermal research make good cat backs fot the 4 door
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 33.jpg (26.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-18-2002, 01:47 AM   #21
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

Save your money and order a catco cat (90$ from summit) and have a muffler shop custom bend and weld 2.5" pipes from the cat to the muffler you already have. Should only run about 100$ for the labor. It will work just as good if not better then expensive catbacks.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:15 PM   #22
suprajb

fuel pump.

i got me a walbro for high output mustang applications,.. what speed shops use for supercharged,.. etc mustangs.. got it for 85 bucks,.. its a walbro 255.. just flattened out the metal bracket for my pump a little and bam,.. fits great!