::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2002, 10:12 AM   #1
VTC_CiViC

Hondata here I come!

Just last week I got in on the group buy going on at www.honda-tech.com, and ordered a standalone finally! I'm getting a P28 ECU, Hondata 2B mapped and the OBD-II to I adapter all for a little over $1000 shipped Can't wait to get it, then it's off to Miami Muffler for a 2.5" DP, 3" TP and catback and then to SFP for installation of the Hondata and tuning. I'm looking for 215+whp @12psi, should keep me happy with mid/low 13's till I build the motor up this summer and go with a new turbo. Gotta love SOHC Turbo's
Old 02-18-2002, 10:52 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Wow thats great dude!
Let us know how well it runs..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
97CivicFerio

Dave that is the same setup I ordered from Steve at H-T. Good luck, let me know how it goes. I will keep you updated on my turbo install. I hope to put it in around the end of next month.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
juvenile

Re: Hondata here I come!

Quote:
Originally posted by VTC_CiViC
I'm getting a P28 ECU, Hondata 2B mapped and the OBD-II to I adapter all for a little over $1000 shipped Can't wait to get it, then it's off to Miami Muffler for a 2.5" DP, 3" TP and catback and then to SFP for installation of the Hondata and tuning.

Can you please explain this part to me as I don't really know much about what you're talking about
I still have a lot to learn about cars. What's a DP, TP, SFP, P28 ECU (Is this the chip that takes the max speed limit away?) and what's OBD-II and I?

A catback I'm guessing is the part that connects the header to the muffler? or am I wrong. oh boy stupidity at it's best
Old 02-18-2002, 01:26 PM   #5
VTC_CiViC

Re: Re: Hondata here I come!

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

Can you please explain this part to me as I don't really know much about what you're talking about
I still have a lot to learn about cars. What's a DP, TP, SFP, P28 ECU (Is this the chip that takes the max speed limit away?) and what's OBD-II and I?

A catback I'm guessing is the part that connects the header to the muffler? or am I wrong. oh boy stupidity at it's best

DP= downpipe, it's the primary exahust tubing right off the turbo. The exahust leaves the engine through the manifold, passes through the turbo, then onto the exahust piping, which starts off with the downpipe. From there it goes to a TP, testpipe. Basically just a straight pipe replacing my cat. From there a catbackk takes it all the way back to the muffler

SFP (South Florida Performance) is the name of a local shop here in Miami which is highly regarded for building/tuning turbo Honda's.

The "P28" is the Honda ECU code for the ECU i'm going to be usuing. The P28 ECU was used in the 1992-1995 D16Z6 SOHC VTEC Civic's. This ECU uses an OBD-I based system, OBD-I systems use a ROM-chip which is rewritable, as opposed to newer OBD-II ECU's which can only use the original ROM whch cannot be rewritten. Hondata is a company which basically took stanard Honda OBD-I ECU's and added lots and lots of parameters and features to them, making them interactive with proper tuning equipment allowing you to make changes to the car's ECU settings. Hence these are tunable ECU's, also known as standalone systems.

Hope I got it all
Old 02-18-2002, 01:38 PM   #6
MrCLoWnY

Nice..... Im jealous. I want a Standalone Fuel management!!!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 03:58 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Let us know how you like it..
Old 02-18-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
juvenile

VTC_Civic
thank you for your info. Yup you covered pretty much everything.
Except about the ECU. It's basically a chip like mini computer that controls every electricle device in the car. And what does a Standalone fuel management have to do with the main ECU?
Old 02-19-2002, 10:20 AM   #9
VTC_CiViC

The ECU is the engine control unit, the actual computer that basically runs the motor properly. This is what i'm replacing from my stock unit to a Hondata modified and tunable ECU.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:12 PM   #10
juvenile

Oh I see!
thank you
Old 03-01-2002, 04:35 AM   #11
MrCLoWnY

HEY VTC_Civic Did you get it installed yet?????
Old 03-01-2002, 07:34 AM   #12
turbod97ex

Way to go Dave! Did you get injectors and the 1-1 fpr for that price? Was curious just what all you did get aside from the P28 chippedl and the adapter harness.

I say your other post on HT about whether or not it was chipped to at least let you install it yourself and drive it until you got it tuned. Steve said that he could put a base map on it to run 8 psi and would thought that he did that for you. If those guys were going to charge you $125 to hook up the ECU, man! Maybe that was to include injectors, fpr and the ECU. What do you think?

I can't wait to see your review of it. Keep us posted please. Later

Steve
Old 03-01-2002, 10:32 AM   #13
VTC_CiViC

It's not here yet, I'll let you guys know. I'm probably gonna head out to Tampa and let John (VaporTrail) tune it for me. Hooking up is a sinche, so I'll do that myself, and let the tuning to John. I'm looking for at least 200-210whp from 10psi and 220whp+ on 12psi on my stock D16. Then after the build, i'm shooting straight for 350whp (with the new turbo)

Yes, I am determined to show the world SOHC's can play too
Old 03-01-2002, 06:32 PM   #14
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by VTC_CiViC

Yes, I am determined to show the world SOHC's can play too

I am determined too. Im right behind you VTC_CIVIC...

OUR CARS WILL RULE THE WORLD SOMEDAY!!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 07:55 PM   #15
97CivicFerio

I have my Hondata Stage 2B, P28 ECU, and adapter harness. I just ordered a turbo manifold from SFP today. I expect to have that in about 3 weeks. After I get that, all I will need is the RC440cc injectors and I'll be set to install.