Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
guprestyle
1st Gear

amp install

i have a stock 6 disc cd, and i want to hook up an amp, where do i find the remote wire on the deck?
in a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe v6

02coupev6
guprestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
Afroney

If the color coding is standard

Im not sure if the color coding on the wires is standard like the rest of the aftermarket radios (Hopefully Honda was smart enough to do that!) If it is standard, the wire should be a light blue color... Beware, some stock radios, and cheaper aftermarket radios dont come with a remote wire, so you end up having to splice the remote wire from the amp to the ignition switch wire, so that everytime you switch the ignition on the amp will switch on. (If you hook the remote wire up to the ignition wire make sure its fused.)
Old 12-30-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
armyguy5
3rd Gear

remote wires are usally blue and on the left hand side....it should be labeled something like remtoe 9.5v+ or something of the sorts and may have an inline fuse in it.....

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #4
guprestyle
1st Gear

I kno that the remote wires r blue on after market decks, but would it be blue on the stock deck also, cuz there r like 2 blue wires, teh same color, so which one would i use, is there neway to test them w.o trial n error/??

guprestyle
guprestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 10:35 PM   #5
Afroney

One could be power antenna

if the blue wire has a white stripe going down it it goes to the power antenna, first I would test the wire for voltage when you turn the radio on., (it could also test 12 volts if the ignition switch is on, some stock amps do that) Otherwise I would say go for trial and error, it shouldnt hurt the amp any. as long as you dont have any shorts in your power leads.