Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 02:29 AM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

How much ???

How much will be the install of a viper 550ESP alarm on my 92 accord ? i already took the plungeand got one for 135 brand new and i don't wanna mess with the starter install, or is it easy to do ? i know Circuit city would charge me about 600 for the alarm, relay and installation

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:13 AM   #2
BrandonClaps

since your accord is an older model you don't have the security stuff, if u had alot of time on your hands, knew how to work a DMM, Relay, and diodes. you may be able to do it yourself. here is the wiring diagram for your vehicle

Code:
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION | | 12V|white |+ |ignition harness | | STARTER|black/white |+ |ignition harness | | IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |ignition harness | | ACCESSORY|yellow |+ |ignition harness | | POWER LOCK|black/white *1 |- |lower drivers kick *2 | | POWER UNLOCK|black/red *1 |- |lower drivers kick *2 | | PARKING LIGHTS +|red/black | |fuse box in dr. kick | | HEADLIGHTS|blue/red or blue |- |steering column | | DOOR TRIGGER|black/white |- |brown plug left of column | | TRUNK/HATCH PIN|green/black |- |green plug left of column | | HOOD PIN| | | | |TRNK/HTCH RELEASE| | | | | FCTRY ALARM ARM| | | | |FCTRY ALRM DISARM| | | | | TACHOMETER|blue | |distributor | | BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |at brake switch | | HORN TRIGGER|lt. green/blue *3 |- |column or horn relay | | WIPERS| | | | | LF WINDOW UP/DN|red/yel - red/blue |A |drivers door switch | | RF WINDOW UP/DN|blu/grn - blu/yel |A |in drivers door or dkp | | LR WINDOW UP/DN|green - grn/yel |A |in drivers door or dkp | | RR WINDOW UP/DN|yel/grn - yellow |A |in drivers door or dkp | Notes: *1 The station wagon uses green/white for lock and yellow/white for unlock. These wires are found either in the drivers door harness or under the rear seat. *2 Locate the large harness in the lower below the carpet in the drivers kick panel. Near the foot rest you will notice a piece of blue tape attached to the harness itself. Reach around to the underside of the blue tape to locate a 2 pin gray plug with the lock and unlock wires attached to the plug. *3 High-current ground. Use a relay when interfacing with this circuit.

EIDIT: hondaman-iac tried to make the code fit in the page
Old 01-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

thanks brandon. i guess i'll do it myself. i've been told that i need to use a relay to use the starter function, and what relay would that be ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 03:48 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

the only relay for the starter is the starter kill, i'm pretty sure the dei comes with installation instructions. you cut the starter wire in half. then u hook the key side to a certain wire and the motor side to a certain wire.