User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
custom rookie

weird sub behavior

k lets see if i can explain this
first my system
kenwood in dash, mtx amp(the big one) with adjustable fade(i think thats what its called, its a switch that can make bass louder or softer), and 2 12" infinity perfect kappa 12.1, in a q logic bandpass box, and a lightning auio strike cap 1.0 farad

well when i have the bass about 1/2 on fader, and stereo at 18 my bass is fine nice and loud, but if i bump it up it sounds like the bass is skipping or only giving partial beats like just beginning and drowning out rest.
I have checked all my connections and they are all good, lights arent dimming, so i am stumped and i am awesome with electronics but still dont know what is up

Please help me.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
armyguy5
3rd Gear

when u turn down the eq (to make more bass) it leaves the higher bass alone......get an MTX crossover and it's really easily adjustable....the "switch" are u talking to take it from flat to high to jsut amp fade????? amp crossovers or "tuners" really suck....and not only that....what's your peak power for your amp/sub cuz if it hits to hard it will cause a protection fault with the amp and shut it off...... if you turn down the bass on the stereo and bump up what the amp is putting out it might sound better....and you have a 02 ex...when u changed your headunit did u loose keyless entry and dome lights?????

chris

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
custom rookie

all my stuff still works fine in the car havent had any problems
The thing that bugs me about this system doing this now is that it didnt do it in my last car.
the deck was different model but still kenwood, so i dont know
the switch controls the fade i havent looked into a crossover though
do you think that will really help????
i dont know i am just frustrated
Old 12-31-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea i have an MTX crossover and it helps clean up the bass and can trol how high of bass...and how low of bass it will hit at...i think it's like 70 bucks or something heres the link to it http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/pro...ers/RTX01A.cfm but i like mine.....but i dunno...maybe take it to a car audio place and see what they say

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote