::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
CD5Passion

Washer Lights??

Ok so I know that you remove the stock washers and replace them with the LED kind, but wiring?....what the hell?..i know nothing about all those confusing wires and I really do not want to blow a fuse or something..also i get conflicting stories about which lights to splice them in to..some say headlights some say parking lights..what is best?..and if anyone has any help on which wires go to where please for gods sake tell me..btw its a 96 Accord EX...if that helps any..thanks
Old 11-08-2002, 06:54 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm not sure about yours, but on mine i had wired them to the headlight relay, so they will come on only with the headlights.

i removed them after 2 days.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:35 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i removed them after 2 days.

Anyway, the headlight relay would work just fine unless you want them on all the time.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #4
blind34_1

I wouldn't put them on your parking or headlights. Cops don't like these too well, so you should wire in a switch for them.

you won't like those things. They are made out of very cheap plastic and break after a month.

You have two wires a washer led right? Heres what you do:

1. mount them

2. zip tie the wires through your hood, so they are out of the way.

3. pop through your firewall plug. Usually its on the passenger side. its rubber. remove it

4. run the wires through. you may have to bend out ahanger and stick it through and tape the wires on the pull themn through.

5. get some solderless connectors and wire.

6. look at the wires you ran in. two of them prolly have a stripe on it. the other is prolly black. the striped ones are your positive wires. the black ones go to ground.

7. splice the two grounds together and the two positves together. splice to their respective wires. run the now single ground wire to some bare metal onyour chassis.

8. run the now single postive wire to where you want your switch. connect the one wire to the switch.

9. take another wire and run it from you cig lighter (its easiest) to the other terminal of the switch.

your done.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:03 AM   #5
Darien1629

He is right, the cops do not like the lights much, but they really only bother you for them if you get pulled over fro soemthing else. I wired mine up to my headlights i spliced it from there so its only on when my headlights are on. I havn't been botherd by cops utill they pulled me over for speeding or the under carage lights. I do find the headlights work the best though.

Ric
Old 11-13-2002, 12:09 AM   #6
azn_nite_ryder

1 word of advice my friend... *DON'T*
its nothign but trouble with po po... and they look like a$$...
if you really want relay them to your corner lights but have a external switch so you can turn them off if you see a po po
Old 11-13-2002, 04:33 PM   #7
custom rookie

I ran mine through the hood and then grounded to body, ran power lead to a switch so i can turn them on and off, then connected the swith to my aux. power outlet in the dash, they work great no probs at all.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:18 AM   #8
CD5Passion

Where exactly is the auxilary power outlet? because a toggle switch came with the lights but I have idea of where to plug it in once it is wired through, alittle help would be appreciated
Old 11-14-2002, 01:33 PM   #9
custom rookie

well i have a 2002 civic ex so i have an auxillary power socket instead of a cig lighter, the cig lighter should work, just get some of the clampy things and clamp it on the the power wire of the socket. Also if you ground the lights before the switch then dont ground at switch also i made that mistake and blew like 4 fuses.
best of luck
Old 11-14-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
blind34_1

In your car, you prolly only have a cig lighter. Just use the primary wire from the cig lighter, and tap a wire out of it. put that into your toggle switch, with the lights connected on the other terminal of the switch. ground the lights to nay bare metal on the chassis. the hood'll work.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:54 PM   #11
illusion

friends don't let friends so LED squirters....

if you insist on doing them, go to radio shack pick up some 18 gauge wire, a little toggle switch(prefereably with male spade connectors), a small barrel fuse holder and some female spade connectors. Put the squirters in then run the hot wire(usually red) run that to the fuse, then to the hot side of the battery(don't put the fuse in yet). Run the ground wire into the cabin(usually through an existing grommet) and run it relatively close to where you want your switch, Mount your switch in a knockout panel, take a wire and run it to chassis ground(usually a nice screw into the subframe) then put a spade connector on the other end and plug that to the switch, and take the wire from your squirter and put a spade connector on that bad boy, plug it into the other end of the switch, snap the switch back in, go put a fuse in then flip the switch and look at your squirters