User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
pbateson

Best alarm?

What are the best alarm for my car?

Car Toys?

I like 3 buttons of remote. I can open the trunk with remotes.

My car doesn't have alarm. :-(
Old 03-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

u can't open the truck anyways with a remote, unless you got the prelude trunk latch and hooked that to the alarm... most any alarm is good. i prefer DEI which is pretty cheap and effective. it's all based on the installation though.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:10 PM   #3
autocrossthugg
2nd Gear

I would be best to have the alarm professionally installed. Ask the shop or sales manager if the installer are certified by the alarm companies they sell. Look on the walls, they will usually display the certificates. Also be sure that if they install starter disable that they use a normally open relay, that way if there is a failure of the alarm or battery you can still drive the car to get it repaired. Trunk pop is available as an option with the purchase of an actuator and installation. Good Luck..
Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bars (f&r)
SPC Camber Kits (f&r)
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Lower Bar
Borbet Type B rims w/Falken Azenis for autocross
Kosei K-1 rims w/Yokohama AVS-ES100 for street
3-point Sparco Harness
autocrossthugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:12 PM   #4
autocrossthugg
2nd Gear

Bye the way, I would go with either DEI or Clifford for alarms. I've sold both brands for over 9 years with good luck.
Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bars (f&r)
SPC Camber Kits (f&r)
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Lower Bar
Borbet Type B rims w/Falken Azenis for autocross
Kosei K-1 rims w/Yokohama AVS-ES100 for street
3-point Sparco Harness
autocrossthugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 02:41 AM   #5
pbateson

Yeah! I want Clifford w/ 3 buttons.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #6
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
Yeah! I want Clifford w/ 3 buttons.
why are you stuck on a 3 button remote? Best alarm is gonna be the Clifford AG4, no other on the market touches it. But it is damn expensive, like $1200 installed.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
pbateson

No, not Clifford AG4.

I want to get Clifford Security Systems Cyber 2 or DEI Python Security Sustems Hornet 725T or Clifford Martix II Sercurity System or DEI Phython 460HP Remote Security System.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:29 PM   #8
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
No, not Clifford AG4.

I want to get Clifford Security Systems Cyber 2 or DEI Python Security Sustems Hornet 725T or Clifford Martix II Sercurity System or DEI Phython 460HP Remote Security System.
Oh ok, then you don't want the BEST alarm, you want the MOST AFFORDABLE alarm I would advise you against this way of thinking. Show me what features those other alarms have and what ones are important to you and I'll let you know what Clifford system you would be better served with.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
BrandonClaps

it's all in the intall ;D
Old 04-14-2003, 08:47 PM   #10
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
it's all in the intall ;D
No way is a vehicle with a Viper 300ESP gonna be better protected than a vehicle w/Clifford Concept 600, both with equally professional and stealthy installs. I know ur a security mod and all, but you can't sell that one to me bro, I been there and done that.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #11
Non_Affiliated

Quote:
Originally posted by VRGNCD5
why are you stuck on a 3 button remote? Best alarm is gonna be the Clifford AG4, no other on the market touches it. But it is damn expensive, like $1200 installed.

Second that motion.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:24 AM   #12
BrandonClaps

i'm not saying a pep boys special is gonna beat a clifford. but a viper alarm properly installed will protect the vehicle good enough. if u have 1200 to shell out for just an alarm them i bow to you
Old 05-02-2003, 09:21 PM   #13
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
i'm not saying a pep boys special is gonna beat a clifford. but a viper alarm properly installed will protect the vehicle good enough. if u have 1200 to shell out for just an alarm them i bow to you
if you say so. As long as I live, I will never put another Viper alarm on any car I ever have. I know Viper and Clifford are owned by the same company, but that doesn't mean they are the same product, cause if you would say that, then you could also make a case for a sidewinder or hornet alarm being as good as a clifford. I'm not saying you did say that, im just saying that clifford alarms are better than viper, I could go on for days about the differences between the two, but we're all entitled to our own opinions
Old 05-12-2003, 12:36 PM   #14
civ69

DEI, lifetime warranty(if you get professionally installed), great alarms.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:22 PM   #15
VRGNCD5

Quote:
Originally posted by civ69
DEI, lifetime warranty(if you get professionally installed), great alarms.
DEI makes all of the alarms I mentioned in the above post, are they all equally as good? And for the lifetime warranty to be valid, you not only have to have it professionally installed, but you have to buy it at an authorized dealer as well as have it installed at an authorized dealer, don't do either of those things and ur warranty in null and void.