::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
F22B2

Car's making weird noise..HELP!!!

After warming up the engine in the morning..I drop down to D4 and it would make this weird clogging/cracking sound while applying the brake...the noise would still be there for as long as I'm idling in D4...after driving for awhile the clogging/cracking sound is reduced but the engine vibrate a little bit harder than normal.

This problem all started after I accelerate over a large ditch on the road.

No CEL no nothing..just weird noises in idle.

Also, my car's radiator is kind of loose and the weird clogging/cracking noise came from somewhere near the distributor/battery.

I also had new spark plugs and wires installed 2 weeks ago.

If anyone know a solution to the problem..please help. Thanks
Old 03-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Otakuguy

that's a weird problem I've never heard of before...If anything...I'd take it to a shop to check if your timings right...Cause I honestly can't think of anything else
Old 04-06-2004, 12:39 AM   #3
Honda530

Maybe theres something thats just rattling. Like a plastic piece broke. The radiator does move around a little bit. Have someone try to listen to the car while you do the brake to see if you can isolate were its coming from. Since it just happend after the ditch incident its probably that something got knocked around. Could be a broken motor mount.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:49 AM   #4
ccnicco48

I get the same problem, but I thinks it's coming from my obx intake. The sound happens when I apply on the brake. But sometimes it makes that noise even if I didn't apply on the brake. But if you find out let me know also. It's really bothering me