Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2003, 11:38 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

My neighbor's a total dick

Ok..so he's not exactly my neighbor...he lives at the end of my street. Over the past few years he's been very vocal about my car being too loud and me driving it too fast on the cul de sac. Yeah...I won't be able to haul it down from 30mph in time to avoid an accident with those wimpy 13" Baer brakes. Anyhow...he thinks he's cool because he owns a mid 80's shitbox Ferrari 328GTS. Now...you may be wondering why I'd refer to a Ferrari as a "shitbox". Well, if you know Ferraris then you'll know why they call the 328GTS the "poor man's Ferrari" (260hp, 213lb/ft from a puny 3.2L V8 with a whopping 14.5 1/4 mile). Anyway, I took the Mustang out today since it's been sitting for a couple weeks due to some crappy weather here lately. But since today was sunny I decided to take the car out on the highway and wring it out to knock the dust out. Well, I got a couple blocks from my house and on the on-ramp guess who's in my rear view...yep...Mr. Ferrari. I brushed him off until he started playing cat and mouse next to me and, after giving him the finger several times, decided to give in since his wife or girlfriend or whatever was in the car and I figure I can humiliate this guy who's probably talked up how great his car is to everyone. I let him do the horn from 60mph and after the 3 quickest beeps I've every heard we took off. Needless to say it didn't last very long. By 100mph I had about 2 1/2 cars on him and at 120mph I had probably close to twice that. He took an off-ramp a couple miles down and stayed behind me the whole time and I kept going. When I got back into the neighborhood he was outside doing yard work. I honked at him but he won't even look me in the eye. Hehe. Man, what a dick this guy is.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika

Last edited by GT40FIED : 03-03-2003 at 03:11 AM.
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Hehe nice kill

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 12:44 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

he he he is that the ferrari made with the pontiac fiero ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 12:47 AM   #4
a96710

Nice kill
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 03:10 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
he he he is that the ferrari made with the pontiac fiero ?

Lmfao. It might as well be for as well as it performs. I saw one of those with a Lingenfelter 383 in it. That would at least give it a chance to keep up. The 328GTS models are probably Ferraris biggest embarrasment next to the 80's Pininfarinas.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-03-2003, 08:49 AM   #6
SVT Cobra

Re: My neighbor's a total dick

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
(260hp, 213lb/ft from a puny 3.2L V8 with a whopping 14.5 1/4 mile)...........By 100mph I had about 2 1/2 cars on him and at 120mph I had probably close to twice that.

and the ferarri was stock? how did you only beat a 14.5 second car by 4 car lengths at most ??? an eclipse that ran a 14.1 got beat by the cobra by over 10 car lengths and i don't think i went over 90. seems like you would be way more ahead of him than that.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i bet from 60 the ferrari was a better fight top end than from low end. then it would have been silly. good kill, i need to go find one of those ferraris to try to beat

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
and the ferarri was stock? how did you only beat a 14.5 second car by 4 car lengths at most ??? an eclipse that ran a 14.1 got beat by the cobra by over 10 car lengths and i don't think i went over 90. seems like you would be way more ahead of him than that.

Well I didn't say I was trying, now did I? I only opened it up to maybe 3/4 throttle and I kinda rolled the throttle at that. Right after the car was done I just about wrecked it punching it like that so that's a big no-no. I wanted to see how fast it'd do 60mph-100mph so, at 60, I floored it and as soon as the transmission kicked down the tires broke loose and I just about lost control of the car. Note to self: hitting things at 60mph NOT GOOD. But then again I don't know anything about the Ferrari. It sounds like ass which leads me to believe that it hasn't been taken care of very well so I'm going to guess it's stock. I'd love to drag him down to the local track while it's still around for their grudge match nights.

Now that I've beaten this guy I'll go looking for a Modena.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:53 PM   #9
ShEaNy

nice kill....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:36 AM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Now that I've beaten this guy I'll go looking for a Modena.

dont race one of those top end, you race will be from a stand still. those things scream top end.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
Civic98

good kill...
Old 03-04-2003, 03:03 PM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nice kill..
Old 03-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #13
OPAKRACING

I bet that was the most gradifying kill you've ever gotten
Old 03-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #14
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
dont race one of those top end, you race will be from a stand still. those things scream top end.

if you hop on over to www.vtec.net or sumthing there is some videos of a modena taking a 911 twin turbo porsche off the line, they do well in every aspect, but a car that traps at 112 will get toasted by a car that traps at like 130 from a roll, a stop it would annihilate the mustang because of wheel spinnage.

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #15
johnriley
2nd Gear

GT40FIED where in Overland Park do you live? I work in OP and live in KC we should hook up so you could get smoked by my accord J/K ha.
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #16
Shot 2 Hel

those are the best kills right there
Old 03-16-2003, 03:05 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by johnriley
GT40FIED where in Overland Park do you live? I work in OP and live in KC we should hook up so you could get smoked by my accord J/K ha.

Actually I don't spend much time in OP these days. I go to school at Pitt State doing the 4 year auto tech degree. My mom and brother still live here though and I slum occassionally. Plus this seems to be permanent home of my project car (another '84 GT350 that hasn't run in close to 2 years). I don't ever bring the beast up here...I can't imagine ahighway trip in that thing. I always drive the truck. So maybe with the truck it'd be a fair race. Hehe.

Old 03-16-2003, 07:47 PM   #18
Spitz

those are the best kills when not only do you make the driver look like an ass, but you make him look like an ass in front of his daughter, wife, gf, etc.