::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
boostedrs97

Killed a B18 Civic HB...

So I am at ARD, Advanced Racing Dynamics, on Saturday getting my timing fixed and a guy from the other board I hang out rolls in. He has a 93 Civic HB, manual tranny, with a B18 swap, intake, headers, exhaust, and all the other bolt-ons. He is a really cool guy and I guess his car is fast. So he goes and races my friend Kaptain Myke. Myke has a 97 Eclipse RS, with just bolt-ons. He beats Myke, pretty badly I think, I was not there. So he says he wants to race me. OK, I say even though I was only boosting at 11 psi. I was having fuel issues and decided to turn down the boost to save my engine.

So Owen, the owner of ARD, jumps in my car and we pull out onto the feeder of Beltway 8. (so add an extra 200 pds to the already 1500 or so from my stereo) We come to a complete stop. Owen tells me just to ease into it so I do not spin the tires. So I tell the guy to count it. He counts down from 3 and we are off. I did not rev my car at all before we started, so right off he has 3 cars on me off the line. I am not worried though. So I shift to 2nd and start reeling him back in. Now I am at his bumper. I shift to 3rd and nail it and I pull in front of him. By the end of 4th I am pretty far ahead, so I shut it down. Win #1!

So we turn around under the freeway and are on the other access road. Owen tells me to run him from a 1st gear roll. So I pull out, and am going about 10-15 mph around 3000 rpm in first. He pulls up next to me and I give him the jump again. And that is all he had. He jumped about 1/2 a car on me and I gunned it, shifted to 2nd and I was even with him and pulling hard. 3rd gear, gone. By the time I shifted to 4th I was 10-12 cars on him. I attached a pic that Myke took, this is the end of the run from a roll. I am braking and I am quite a ways ahead of him. I was really proud of Shamu, I was not sure how she was going to do, but she impressed me. Win #2!!

I enlarged the pic because when Myke took this, he was really far behind us.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

LOL. Shamu!

Nice one btw. The B18 hatches are pretty quick, but no way they can keep up with what you have.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
whodatt1

LOl sounds familiar! nice kill bro!
Old 09-24-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nice kills
Old 09-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
boostedrs97

It may not have been a fair race, but the guy was cool, and he did take me off the line by a car and a half or so. Damn light cars.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:30 PM   #6
juvenile

The eclipses are really sweet cars indeed!
nice kill!