::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #1
CD5Passion

Accord vs 01 Cavy

Ok so I know it isn't much of a kill because we all know almost everyone looks down on Cavaliers but it was just fun times and I thought I'd post it.
OK so my closest friend I have around here, goes to the same school does the same stuff and we also work on cars together. I've helped him with his cavy for some time now and he just got a Injen CAI put on two days ago, some kind of exhaust, getting a drift kit put on soon, has a carbonfiber hood on its way, carbonfiber-look like tailights, white rims falken tires and lowered a good deal. It's a nice looking car, but on the way to a party me my girlfriend and my friend drove seperate so I pulled up behind my friend in his cavy. so in order to be an ass I decided to flash my brights (which are bright!) and since his car is lowered..yeah well he flipped me off and I pulled up next to him and we waited for the light and on green we went, well his car is automatic but he shifts through the 1st 2nd and 3rd gears manualy. At first he pulled ahead of me because it had just rained and my tires spun like all hell, while his traction control kept him on the road, so he started half a car ahead before my tires gripped, 1st gear I shifted to 2nd at 5k rpms and already pulled on him, 2nd to 3rd at 4k rpm and I was up thios fender, 3rd to 4th I was ahead and also my girlfriend was dead ahead of him at that point (but she doesnt count because she has a DOHC and we don't) so he was forced to slow and to be a jerk I turned on my Emergency blinkers
taking a right we headed to my g/f's friends house and proceeded to get trashed
I only took 4 shots of 99proof banana stuff, so I had fun watching people puke all over the apartment, here's to good times on our summer break
Old 05-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
Quevv

How does he shift manually with a automatic?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
CD5Passion

he has the ability to use 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, his shifter has Park, Reverse, Drive, Neural, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear
most automatics have this atleast that I've seen but it's not the same as a manual
Old 06-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
02black_Accord

what i do on my auto is i shift into neutral redline it and put it in drive
Old 06-01-2003, 11:05 AM   #5
Civickid0to60

why would you do a neutral drop? You do wanna keep the engine in your car correct? lol.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #6
sc0rch

i shift my auto..mine goes from 1,2,3,4 ,n,r,p
Old 06-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

shifting auto's is DUMB DUMB DUMB... those gear offer more torque for pulling or climbing hills... WAY WAY less acceleration.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:32 AM   #8
fzr400tony

shifting an automatic is done so it doesn't downshift as soon as it leaves the line. all juiceboxes go 2-1-2-3-4 when racing. if you manually shift it, it should in theory go 1-2-3-4. i personally i never drove a v6 accord hard, but i have driven a 2.3 prelude with an auto pretty hard and manually shifting it helps, but you need to shift early, there's some run out in it where the car doesn't make power. or if you are trying to run a consistant dial-in (since we are talking about racing the 1/4, right?), you can shift straight to d after the first shift.

as for neutral drops, have that tranny fluid changed and you'll see why you don't do that.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:03 AM   #9
oc civic

this is one of the gayest threads ever...