::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2002, 07:23 PM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Need exhaust?? Got advice on exhaust?? Post here.

Here's something for anybody (no0b) that doesn't really know what exhaust is going to sound like. This can be a thread for all the people that are looking for exhausts. Just post what set up you have. How much you like it. Rate it. And how easy it was to insall. Basically just generall information on it.

I'll start off.
I have the Greddy SP full Cat back exhaust. It is probably one of the nicest exhausts that there is out there, in my opinion. Install was super easy. Took me less then an hour to install it. All the hangers were exactly where they were supposed to be. It looks great, and since it is stainless steel it is super easy to clean, (I can see my face in it still). For sound , the sound of it is just the way I wanted it to sound. It's really deep, quiet, and you can have a conversation still giong at highway speeds. It's not raspy at all. And it doesn't sound like a pissed off bumble bee or a lawnmower. But when you are racing, believe me. You can hear it. It's loud only when you want it to be. Even then, it's not too bad. For performance wise, I noticed a little gain. It's not going to make your car amazing, but it gives it a little gain. You'll notice it.
Overall I give my exhaust a 10 outta 10!!!
Here's what it looks like also.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
a96710

I put a Tanabe Racing Medallion on my 91 Teg. I had a custom exhaust on before and I noticed a lil more gain compaired to the custom one. Also the sound...the Tanabe is very deep. The custom one sounded raspy. Easy install. I'd give my Tananbe a 10/10 also
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:43 PM   #3
foxygrandma

i just bought my car and when i did it didnt have the axle back section so i straight piped it. install was very difficult, i had to custom fabricate the whole thing. when you just got fired from your job you have to do what you have to do. as for sound, its way too loud, sounds good at idle, but thats about it. performance wise i dont think it can get any better. i figured no back pressure would take all my torque away, but it is insane. overall i give my exhaust a 2/10. this is serious, im not joking. i will be reading this a lot cuz i am looking to buy an exhaust soon.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:59 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by foxygrandma
i just bought my car and when i did it didnt have the axle back section so i straight piped it. install was very difficult, i had to custom fabricate the whole thing. when you just got fired from your job you have to do what you have to do. as for sound, its way too loud, sounds good at idle, but thats about it. performance wise i dont think it can get any better. i figured no back pressure would take all my torque away, but it is insane. overall i give my exhaust a 2/10. this is serious, im not joking. i will be reading this a lot cuz i am looking to buy an exhaust soon.

what kind of muffler you got?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 10-28-2002, 04:15 PM   #5
ShEaNy

i had mine custom done 2 1/4 with a dragunfire muffler at the end...sounds ok....when i had my cat in it sounded real deep..but it rattled at low rpm so i had it taken out and a resonator put in...doesnt sound as deep..but its still good...i felt a bit more power gain ..i give mine a 9/10....
BTW is it spelled dragon or dragun?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:25 PM   #6
Kyle
elyK

dragon is spelled dragon...but maybe the company calls it dragun...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #7
ShEaNy

ya lol thats what i meant how does the company spell it... meh
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:54 PM   #8
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

I bought a maxspeed canister and catco cat, had custom 2.5" pipes mandrel bent at a shop near my house. I didn't notice any performance gain because this was done at the same time as the turbo, so what gain was from what I have no clue. The whole set cost me...

Maxspeed canister - 95$
Catco High Flow Cat - 90$
full mandrel bent exhaust - 100$

I am happy with it, and the work the guy did has a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:37 PM   #9
Adb23

Hey, I'm looking into getting an exhaust also.
What About the Greddy evo? Will it fit?
Pics would be nice.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2002, 01:04 PM   #10
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

GReddy EVO sounds good. It's a little louder then the SP. I'm not quite sure if they make it for the sol. I wouldn't see why not

Old 12-11-2002, 12:41 AM   #11
Adb23

hm......I"d Like the Sp more but... damn that thing sticks out a lot
THe picture at the top doesn't make it look as good as I wanted it to be....... Mabey it's just a wierd angle. I'd love something like the nsx exhaust or the tubi ones! hm..... I really do not want something tooo loud, I am looking for something more refined
deep and not to raspy. If anyone else has an sp installed. Id love to see pics, any other exaust that people like and recomend

Thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 10:17 AM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Deep....not raspy.
Dude go with the SP..

Old 12-11-2002, 08:27 PM   #13
Adb23

hm....... What about ground clearance? I'm doing a 2 inch drop I wonder what it will be like? will is scrap?
Old 12-11-2002, 09:28 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I'll let you know....
i'm going to lower mine 2.25 hopefully

Old 01-09-2003, 02:38 AM   #15
DelSolStylin

my friend has an EVO on his civic, actually I should say he has an EVO knockoff.. but anyway, I have heard that both the real thing and the fake have bad weldings and they rust, but that is just a rumor I don't have any proof about the real EVO.

EVO's are supposed to have the tip offset to the bottom a little to solve the scraping problem.

What does everyone think? Experience with the EVO? I'm looking into buying exhaust this spring so I'm doing my research

Also this is for dereks civic: it looks to me like your muffler hangs REALLY low, like it should be tucked under the body a little more. Am I wrong? or is there enough room to move it up a little?
Old 01-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolStylin
my friend has an EVO on his civic, actually I should say he has an EVO knockoff.. but anyway, I have heard that both the real thing and the fake have bad weldings and they rust, but that is just a rumor I don't have any proof about the real EVO.

EVO's are supposed to have the tip offset to the bottom a little to solve the scraping problem.

What does everyone think? Experience with the EVO? I'm looking into buying exhaust this spring so I'm doing my research

Also this is for dereks civic: it looks to me like your muffler hangs REALLY low, like it should be tucked under the body a little more. Am I wrong? or is there enough room to move it up a little?

It's actually not as bad as it seems...but Im sure you could bring it up a little more.... if you cut the hangers and rewelded them

Old 01-09-2003, 11:25 AM   #17
DelSolStylin

that's what I thought... my del is lowered to about 3" ground clearance at the moment and that still wouldn't be high enough :o

Another good exhaust I have found is the *NEW* RS*R Invidia by Skunk2, after they bought it from RS*R Japan.

It looks REALLY good, N1 muffler that sits just right and from what I hear it's only loud when you want it to be, just like your SP dereks civic.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:22 PM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by DelSolStylin
that's what I thought... my del is lowered to about 3" ground clearance at the moment and that still wouldn't be high enough :o

Another good exhaust I have found is the *NEW* RS*R Invidia by Skunk2, after they bought it from RS*R Japan.

It looks REALLY good, N1 muffler that sits just right and from what I hear it's only loud when you want it to be, just like your SP dereks civic.

I heard that the RS*R exhaust was amazing!!!

Old 01-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #19
DelSolStylin

My boyfriend works at a performance shop and RS*R Invidia contacted them to sell some of their products, including exhaust and their "Apollo" coilovers.

According to the info packet they got, this new line of RS*R products was launched about a month ago out of Southern California and they have their stuff made in Japan and imported to the states. I could have gotten some RS*R Invidia exhaust for about $380 shipped as a promo deal but they didn't have any in stock for del Sols

I guess they are only importing the most popular products first. I know this is a little OT but just thought I would put in my little bit of info.

Also, dereks civic I think you probably heard that about the old RS*R exhausts before they were bought by Skunk2, in which case they look really bad but I haven't had any experience with them. However, I do know that they were NOT full stainless steel.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:33 AM   #20
Adb23

yeah I know what you mean
the Sp seems to hang really low
Does the evo work for the del sol?
I coulden't find any
Old 01-15-2003, 04:17 PM   #21
cashizslick

Its all about Thermal R&D. Stainless steel all the way to the cat. Easy install, excellent tone.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #22
foxygrandma

Hey Dereks civic, im not trying to sound mean but if you look in my post you will see that i have a straight pipe. sorry for bringing up something from so long ago but just thought i woudl reply. ive been away for a while. had to rebuild the crx and didnt have any money to even think about making my car faster. i didnt build it up for any power cuz im doing an engine swap soon and i needed it to drive while i am saving for swap
Old 02-28-2003, 09:07 AM   #23
DelSoul

Does anyone know any good shops around the country that fabricate custom exhausts? I'm looking to getting custom dual exhaust for my Del Sol.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:10 PM   #24
mx6gt91

Quote:

it doesnt look that low, im guessing since you car is lowered it looks weird compaired to your car.

the reason why i think its low is cause the muffler is pretty big to give the car a low sound, when most people with Hondas get straight pipe from header down and use a canister muffler to top it off have the loud buzzy sound is cause theres not much of a muffler there to tune the sound.

plus i dont know how Honda keeps there cars quiet with those little resonators but if you remove your resonator your car will be LOUD. most of those Hondas/Acuras that are loud and buzzy they usually have 2.5in straight pipe without cat. and no resonator.

unless there turbo of course

i have 2.5in straight pipe from turbo back with a canister muffler to top it off and it isnt any louder than stock. ya its a bit meaner and deeper but im somewhat please with the sound. it sounds great but while your trying to keep your trying to keep you cars quieter and i want mine louder. hehe