::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2003, 12:57 AM   #1
Mr SpiLLz

7,500 to spend, what could you do?

Im looking to buy a "new" car in a few months, i have yet to decide on a Brand new car, or a obviously used 91 crx si...

In the new car department i was looking at the dodge srt 4, civic ex coupe, civic si, acura rsx type s, and nissan sentra spec v.
Ofcoarse i would have to finance them. But truthfully none of them "float my boat" like the crx' does... I always loved how this car looked, and always wanted one....

So if i save my money, in a few months i can have around 7,500 to spend. Plus after that more money being saved...

So lets say i find a stock 91 crx si, What things would i most likely need fixed, then what upgrades should i do to the springs, exhaust, intake, rims, and so on...
If its worth it what engine should i drop in it, and where can i get one from...and can it handle turbo...

seriously though, please list all the mods that i should, and could do...with names and prices...

I dont know much about cars, so i guess im a new b... But i hope to get more into it once the money comes... thanks for anything you can reccomend... Thanks =)
Old 02-03-2003, 01:02 AM   #2
a96710

Ok....well if you did get a CRX and had $7500 to spend.....you'd have a lot of $$ left over for mods. One thing I'd replace if I got a CRX (which I have also contemplated this idea) would be engine. Most likely something that old will have higher miles. Engines you could do would be a B16a or any of the B18 engines. Plus there are tons of mods available for these engines. Now what upgrades you do depend on what your plans are for the car. You want show, go, lil of both?
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
Mr SpiLLz

Mostly i want go, But it has to be a daily driver thats reliable... I mean i want the car to look good, but going comes first.... Then ill worry about the looks....
Old 02-03-2003, 01:34 AM   #4
a96710

All the brands are gonna depend on preference and same with looks. Some prefer a clean look, some like body kits. Me personally...I'd just lower it and get some nice lookin 15" or 16" light rims. I don't go for the 17". You can IM or PM me if you want. Easier than postin back and forth.
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Sol's Eye

Engine replacement would be a very good idea with the rexes. As a96710 said, most likely the rex you will find will have high mileage. And if memory serves, they only came in either 1.5L non-vtec or 1.6L SOHC vtec. DOHC would be nice, so go for either the b16 or b18 swaps. There are plenty sites out there for engines, depending on wheter you want JDM or USDM. And either engine will handle small boost fine. If you want to higher boost you will have to upgrade the internals of the engine, but that is true of just about any car.

I would definitely go with the CRX. I almost bought one. They are extremely light. If you are wanting performance, it would be a good bet.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
delsolvtec
Del Sol Forum Moderator

With 7500$ you could do a lot.

You would have enough cash for a B16 swap, a turbo, wheels and a suspension easy.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:59 AM   #7
pissedoffsol

92 cx hatch - 2500
b18c1 swap - 3500
rotas/tires - 700
tein suspension and bars - 1200

done
Old 02-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #8
96coupe

if a crx is what you want find a '89 crx hf-lightest crx w/out an engine if possible (cheaper), get either a b16 or b18, new brakes, new suspension, new wheels/tires, i/h/e.......

but i would recommend what pissedoffsol said
Old 02-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by delsolvtec
With 7500$ you could do a lot.

You would have enough cash for a B16 swap, a turbo, wheels and a suspension easy.

Done and done

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:18 AM   #10
foxygrandma

91 crx si is the way to go. unless you want to make it really light then hf. in the 91 si you get sunroof and rear disk brakes. and b16/b18 almost bolt right in. i have a 91 si and wouldnt trade it for the world. with the stock d16 and a chip i can beat anyone in my town. im not trying to say my car is fast or anything just faster than anyone here. im going with the b16 in about 2 months. anyway with $7,500 as a budget you can buy the car and do the swap and still have some to change ball joints and tie rods and things. im sure you will have to if you gat a crx. probly still have some money left for some mods also.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #11
Shot 2 Hel

Get a CRX with high miles in really good condition, the miles really wont matter since your changing the engine anyway. Get pretty much any motor out of the B series. Do anything that needs repairing. Then get some wheels and tires.