Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2001, 03:01 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

1.8l Crx?

Does anyone know anyone that has put a 95(or equivilent) LS motor in a CRX. Im thinking about getting one if the guy doesnt want much for it and my friend has a 1.8L out of an LS sitting in his garage. How big of a job is it? Is it pretty quick?
Old 09-17-2001, 04:24 PM   #2
icon

the motor is a b18a. i havnt done it but my friend has and he told me that it is a very worthwhile swap.. it has 140 hp and dohc, and the option to add a vtec head later on. the job shouldnt be too hard new mounts would be needed. would he be selling the whole swap (motor, tranny, ecu/wireing harness and all that suff) if so you should be ok.
Old 09-18-2001, 09:34 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
the motor is a b18a. i havnt done it but my friend has and he told me that it is a very worthwhile swap.. it has 140 hp and dohc, and the option to add a vtec head later on. the job shouldnt be too hard new mounts would be needed. would he be selling the whole swap (motor, tranny, ecu/wireing harness and all that suff) if so you should be ok.

Actually.. Hes giving me the motor only. Im going to have to find a tranny, ecu and wiring harnesses at a junk yard... Im just hoping that that stuff doesnt add upto more then just buying a complete swap for (I dont know why it would be.) I have a couple of CRX's I was going to go look at when ever I get some time..I dont know what model they are either...If worse comes to worse I may just go with a ZC.. But I dont really want to, Ill just have to see how the dollars and cents add up and which way Ill come out ahead.
Old 09-19-2001, 03:39 AM   #4
dejoux

I realise youve got the motor for free but a B18a is not a worthwhile swap...Its got alot of torque but only slightly more hp than a ZC and much less than a B16A...theres a thread on here from 2ndgenIntegra (or sumthing like that) on why its not a good idea to put a VTEC head on a B18a motor.

For all the extra expense of getting the ancillaries and the hassle of putting the motor in, your better off gett a ZC or a B16A
Old 09-26-2001, 01:12 AM   #5
eastcoastdelsol

umm no. you are all wrong.

the b18a was stopped being put in cars in 1993.
all 94+ gs/rs/ls/se integras have the b18b1.

for your crx, it would be SO much easier to put in a b18a.
the b18b is very very similar, but the chasiis of the b18a's teg is way more similar to the crx than the b18b's.
the biggest thing is that the a has a cable tranny (liek your rex) and the b has a hydro tranny. so, unless you are up for installing a clutch master cylender, id say go b18a.
Old 10-19-2001, 04:29 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I heard of a few peole here that tried to put in a b18 and had problems with fit...so I heard....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 04:54 PM   #7
rollin

its kind of a pain in the ass but u just need some patience for it.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:34 PM   #8
slowEJ6

B16A? HAH! that cant run 13psi on stock internals.......and the b18b can

b18b-t @ 13psi? hell yes. and the entire b18b swap can be had for about $2200 for a NEWER engine.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:39 PM   #9
b16CRX

There is a guy that comes into my work every now and then and he has a B18b with a JRSC, the car is very quick and it will respond better to the supercharger then it will to the an LS/vtec hybrid. That motor also has 140 hp at the fly wheel, I have seen several dyno graphs with 2 '96 LS's having only about 111 hp. The good part about that motor is that it has a longer stroke which give nice torque. Overall, it should be a fairly easy swap, if you can tighten bolts, you can swap that motor!