.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Arrrrgh...fuck!

Ok...seriously...I'm just about sick of this comp. All of a sudden the fan is running almost constantly. Doesn't matter if I'm doing something proccessor-intensive or not. Like right now...task manager says I'm using 2% of my CPU (and have been for the last 20 minutes) but the fucking fan is running. What the hell is doing this? It better not be fucking spyware. I keep my shit pretty well protected and I've run 4 different scans...all only show minor cookies which have been deleted and/or quarantined. So what gives?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
IALuder

the fan will run at all times. its susposed to.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
Grip72

hahaha.. mine goes on at random times. and for some reason at night..it just freakin gives her when i'm trying to sleep and the comp isn't doing anything haha
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
sicones

the fan on my computer is constantly running too, but its supposted to, I always shy away from installing useless crappy sharware programs on my computer including programs that "search" spyware I believe those programs do more harm then good
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

mine runs all the time too, its loud...i dont like it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
the fan will run at all times. its susposed to.

Well...I'm not talking about the quiet normal running operation. It sounds like it does when I'm doing something that takes up a good amount of the CPU. You know...like if you're encoding a video or something you hear the fan kick on louder than usual. That's what it's doing and it's pissing me off.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

What type of MB and processor do you have? You maybe able to download a power utility that keeps the fan on lower RPMs when the temps are lower. I don't know why it would have worked and then stopped working though. You may want to check through your power settings and BIOS to see if there are any settings to control the fans.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
Grip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Well...I'm not talking about the quiet normal running operation. It sounds like it does when I'm doing something that takes up a good amount of the CPU. You know...like if you're encoding a video or something you hear the fan kick on louder than usual. That's what it's doing and it's pissing me off.

ya that's what mine does too..when i'm not even using it
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #9
AzCivic

I have a dell and the fan is always nice and quiet. then we got my wife a dell and the fan on it is all loud and crap.
not that this really has anything to do with your problem, but it bugs me.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rice
What type of MB and processor do you have? You maybe able to download a power utility that keeps the fan on lower RPMs when the temps are lower. I don't know why it would have worked and then stopped working though. You may want to check through your power settings and BIOS to see if there are any settings to control the fans.

512 MB memory...2.3GHz Pentium processor. This was a problem before and a reformat fixed it (or so it would seem). The thing is that I really would rather not reformat again until I get a second hard drive because it took me literally about 8-10 hours last time (deciding what to keep, burning programs to DVDs, then doing the actual reformatting and adding everything back). I did, however, find a really good deal on a 200GB HDD + external enclosure for around $99. Maybe this'll happen sooner than I think.

Really the noise doesn't bother me...it's fairly quiet for a fan...it's just that I'm worried that the fan will eventually wear out and also I wonder why the hell it's on in the first place.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

maybe you fan is just full of crap. i know on my laptop when it collects enough dust sounds like a plane on takeoff.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah mine were loud till i cleaned out the inside of my computer then it started running 2x as good... at least

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

bah.... mines sounds like a turbo on 30 psi at all times. Bitch is loud!!!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote