Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
blaast

my new turbo setup - need help troubleshooting

Hello,

I just installed my turbo setup. Cr is still at 10:1 and I don't retard timing. However, I have 550cc injectors with 8:1 RRFPR so I run on the rich side all accross the band.

Tried it at 8 psi and worked fine with no detonation at all.
Then, turbo seals blew off, resulting in oil in my intake. I emptied the whole content of engine oil that way but stopped just in time. Engine did not heat and runs fine, turbo is being rebuilt with new seals.

Now, I'm running the engine in atmospheric mode hoping it will clean itself from this turbo failure. It runs OK but there's smoke coming out of the engine cover blow-by.

My question: is this smoke coming out of the cover vent just a result of the oil the engine swallowed, or is this sign that I blew my rings? Engine turns normally with no unusual sound.

Thanks for your advise.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:19 AM   #2
turbod97ex

check your exhaust for oil

When you say the seals blew, did you notice any oil that got into your exhaust? Could be that your cat got filled with oil. I have seen this before. If the cat did get oil in it, you might oughta replace it. Also, keep checking your plugs to see if they are fouling from oil in the combustion chamber.