::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

The red saturn I raced....

I don't know how many of you remember my post about the red saturn kill i posted on the kill boards about 2 weeks ago. But, if you recall, on the post, we were talking about what the saturn had in it because it appeared totaly stock, yet it still kept up with me....well, it turns out that his nephew goes to my school. His uncles saturn has a turbo charger in it! haha...I beat a turbocharged saturn :P . hehe...just updating you guys
Old 02-25-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
blind34_1

yes but did you actually SEE the turbo? people talk a lotta crap most times, much like the cavalier rice kid that claimed he had a "vtec conversion".
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah dude my car has 14 cylinders,

4 for the engine, 1 for the master brake cylinder, 6 cylinders for brakes, and 3 for...... i can't remeber

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
OPAKRACING

I made sure and asked the kid over and over if he was SURE it was turbo'd. And he kept saying yes....i think he would want to be on his uncles side tho....so, if he lost (the saturn) which he did, then it seems like he would want to play up his car as completely stock....no?

I did notice that after the race, i was behind him, adn the car was abnormaly fast for having no mods (that i could see). I don't know, i will never see it i'm sure....i saw him parked adn leaning on his car flirting with some chick yesturday, and i drove by and grinned at him. haha...anyways....interesting
Old 02-25-2003, 05:46 PM   #5
HondaTypeJ

I dont believe you beat a turbo charged saturn.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
armyguy5
3rd Gear

• Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:51 PM   #7
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
I dont believe you beat a turbo charged saturn.

mmk....why is that?
Old 02-25-2003, 05:52 PM   #8
OPAKRACING

UPDATE: The person driving the saturn was the kids uncle, but the car is the uncles sons....he goes to my school, and is going to drive his car to school tomarow to show me the turbo. We'll see whats up then, i'll post again tomarow.

OPAK
Old 02-25-2003, 05:53 PM   #9
armyguy5
3rd Gear

depending on what type of saturn SC1 or SC2......the sc2 mid 90's has a 1.9 liter DOHC and if it's turbo'd no way

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
Old 02-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #10
OPAKRACING

It was not the twin cam one....it was the plain 4 cylander saturn....coupe i believe. I had a good look at the back of it, because i was behind him later after the race....and it didn't say, "Twin cam"
Old 02-25-2003, 05:59 PM   #11
armyguy5
3rd Gear

ok regardless the DOHC is still a 4 cyl so the SC1 with a single cam 1.9 tubro......heres and idea...did the car have lights on the trunk at all

chris
Old 02-25-2003, 06:02 PM   #12
OPAKRACING

no....i don't think so....the twin cam one does...this is impart why i know it wasn't a twin cam. it was automatic btw also.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #13
OPAKRACING

I know what the rear end of the 'twin cam' saturn looks like....this didn't look like it, and it didn't say 'twin cam' on it. i think that thats enough info to prove its not a twin cam satrun, lol.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:09 PM   #14
armyguy5
3rd Gear

ohhh cuz it didn't say it huh? i debadged my civic so all its has on the car is the H from Honda....
Old 02-25-2003, 06:11 PM   #15
armyguy5
3rd Gear

done posting here

chris