.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2002, 07:38 PM   #41
mylittlecivic

My cousin lives by the F&TF I like to see movies with imports in them but maybe they should do a better job next time and spend more attention to the cars and not pretty boy's love life.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:02 PM   #42
DsBlu01CivEX

What I find completely ironic is most of the people tearin the movie down saw it more than once. If you didn't like it the first time...why the hell did you watch it the second, third and 900th times?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:17 PM   #43
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

Well isn't someone a little bit jealous?! hehe

Yeah right... I'm totally GQ ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl

4jacks...it's Rico Suave (not Ricco Swavey) and he's a total hottie! i love the surfer boy look

I thought Suave was a Shampoo

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:26 PM   #44
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks

I thought Suave was a Shampoo

It's a shampoo if you only speak English....it's suave (you know how it's pronounced!) if you speak spanish.

Old 04-17-2002, 12:14 AM   #45
midjjj

wow, we all know it sucked as a movie, but i watch it for the black civics... sooo pretty. (and of course the s2000) I heard that the cars were all paint jobs and kits, otherwise most were stock. O well.
Oh yea, and the Del Sol with Draulics!!!!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:19 AM   #46
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
What I find completely ironic is most of the people tearin the movie down saw it more than once. If you didn't like it the first time...why the hell did you watch it the second, third and 900th times?

I was amused the furst time. Watched it again on my compy for fun and started noticing all the things wrong with it and watched it about 3-5 more times to see what else the screwed up!! But i watched the ferrari scene like 600 times just cause of the ferrari supra race!!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:25 AM   #47
Maxvla

why else would you watch except for the cars. story-sucked actors-sorta sucked. cars- at least looked cool.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:06 AM   #48
NooNz

i watched this movie enough times..too many to count...
and plot sucked, actors couldn't act (remember most of them were like first-time actors 'cept for Vin Diesel)

...cars were pretty nice tho...
and to the person said that the cars in the movie were stock....in which they weren't.....for the rx-7, eclipse, integra, supra, etc. are real cars and a modified...they made replicas of the shell and exterior look to do the spins, and whatever needed so they won't screw up the original car.....
Old 04-17-2002, 07:23 AM   #49
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by NooNz
actors couldn't act (remember most of them were like first-time actors 'cept for Vin Diesel)

Yah not all of them were first time actors. Paul Walker was the first string QB in Varsity Blues that got hurt, he was in Joy Ride, The Skulls, and I think like one or 2 other movies. He's not a rookie.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:23 PM   #50
NooNz

but how big was his role tho in those other movies? and Joy Ride came out after Fast and Furious....
Old 04-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #51
iamsparticuz

Speaking of outstanding actors, how about ja rule? His two lines really showed how good of an actor he is. "You know, everyone happens to know a few things, and one of the things that we knows is, its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car, you better learn that".. Wow, thanks for the info, ill remember that next time i pull up @ racewars and try to look cool for vin diesel.

Or hector. I think he has a last name too but i cant pronounce it. WTF is that.

Story blows, but i like dem purty cars. I didnt watch it at the theater, but i watched it on dvd a couple times and ive got it on divx. Probably watched it 5+ times the full way thru. Most of the time i just skip to watch "brian" race ja rule, vin diesel, and an azn who likes gran tourismo.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:48 PM   #52
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
but how big was his role tho in those other movies? and Joy Ride came out after Fast and Furious....

In Skulls he and Josh Jackson (Pacey from Dawson's Creek) were the 2 leads....and if you saw Varsity Blues you know what kind of role he played....he was one of like 5 or 6 main actors. And I couldnt remember if Joy Ride came out afterwards or not....I kinda thought it did.

Old 04-17-2002, 11:29 PM   #53
Quist

Quote:
i watched this movie enough times..too many to count...
and plot sucked, actors couldn't act (remember most of them were like first-time actors 'cept for Vin Diesel)

...cars were pretty nice tho...
and to the person said that the cars in the movie were stock....in which they weren't.....for the rx-7, eclipse, integra, supra, etc. are real cars and a modified...they made replicas of the shell and exterior look to do the spins, and whatever needed so they won't screw up the original car.....

Yep and who ever said that they were just nice paint jobs....DID YOU SEE THE S-U-P-R-A.

Ya the plot sucked but its one of those movies that are cool just to sit back and enjoy...so you can watch all of the cars and the racin
Old 04-18-2002, 11:26 PM   #54
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX

Exactly! Thank you!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:59 PM   #55
3amigos

car's
actor's
plot
Angelina jolie= trailer trash Billy Bob blower
f & f sucked as bad as asleep in 60 second's.

cry me a river about jap scrap
Old 04-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #56
Quist

Quote:
Originally posted by 3amigos
car's
actor's
plot
Angelina jolie= trailer trash Billy Bob blower
f & f sucked as bad as asleep in 60 second's.

cry me a river about jap scrap

Wow that was quick-I DONT like you already!!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #57
3amigos

My pleasure to disappoint you. Is your car a type R? What is with the japanese character sticker's on car's? Why the folger's coffee can exhaust tip's? How do laptop's know the manifold's about to blow? How can a charger blow the engine up and still beat the ricer? The kid at "racewar's" who bet his car and lost remind's me of EVERY ricer who has raced me and LOST. They think their car is awesome fast from watching this F&F to many time's and cant figure out why I spanked the pant's off their little econobox. Flame away with the wave of the future BS but the day the track has more fouriron junk running is the day I on my camaro hood. Hey,dont I love foreign.
Old 05-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #58
ddr_max

i watched the movie way too many times
Old 05-09-2002, 04:06 PM   #59
blind34_1

I've only seen F&F i think 3 times. Once in the theater, for free, cause I worked there. From experience of working in a theater, it was not a good movie, plot & actor-wise. The cars are awesome, but I recall an article I read:
Basically, they had to sacrifice realism to make a movie that would sell to the masses. Not right, but hey this is America.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #60
grl_racer

one time.. and that was one time too many...

if my brother wouldnt have done a track for the movie.. i prolly wouldnt have seen it.. but i thought i might as well support him...
Old 05-11-2002, 11:42 PM   #61
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by 3amigos
My pleasure to disappoint you. Is your car a type R? What is with the japanese character sticker's on car's? Why the folger's coffee can exhaust tip's? How do laptop's know the manifold's about to blow? How can a charger blow the engine up and still beat the ricer? The kid at "racewar's" who bet his car and lost remind's me of EVERY ricer who has raced me and LOST. They think their car is awesome fast from watching this F&F to many time's and cant figure out why I spanked the pant's off their little econobox. Flame away with the wave of the future BS but the day the track has more fouriron junk running is the day I on my camaro hood. Hey,dont I love foreign.
wow im glad you stereo type everyone that way. i could go on saying mullet this and hick that about domestics, but i dont because i repect real engine performance. now pumpming the power from a 4 banger fwd that i can impresses me. i knonw its not going to be as fast as a ls1 but i like the style of my stickerless stock tail light car. and the domestics dont exactly have tiny exaust either, they are about baseball size, adn i sure as hell cant fit a baseball in my pipe. i've taken stock z28's before, it felt good and all but its a different class of cars. you will be faster, i will handle better thats all there is to it. we welcome everyone to this board, so please dont flame EVERYONE before you nkw who your flaming. i hate f&f it ruined the import scene, its a horible representation of everything. cars doing shit thats not possible. oh and ive raced domestics that have hauled away after i won, so i guess that kid also reminds me of every time i beat a domestic......

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 03:54 PM   #62
grl_racer

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

wow im glad you stereo type everyone that way. i could go on saying mullet this and hick that about domestics, but i dont because i repect real engine performance. now pumpming the power from a 4 banger fwd that i can impresses me. i knonw its not going to be as fast as a ls1 but i like the style of my stickerless stock tail light car. and the domestics dont exactly have tiny exaust either, they are about baseball size, adn i sure as hell cant fit a baseball in my pipe. i've taken stock z28's before, it felt good and all but its a different class of cars. you will be faster, i will handle better thats all there is to it. we welcome everyone to this board, so please dont flame EVERYONE before you nkw who your flaming. i hate f&f it ruined the import scene, its a horible representation of everything. cars doing shit thats not possible. oh and ive raced domestics that have hauled away after i won, so i guess that kid also reminds me of every time i beat a domestic......

OWNED!
Old 05-17-2002, 02:32 AM   #63
myself

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
My cousin lives by the F&TF I like to see movies with imports in them but maybe they should do a better job next time and spend more attention to the cars and not pretty boy's love life.
I saw your cousins mazda is he kicker1_solo at honda-acura.net and at automotiveforums.com?
Old 05-17-2002, 02:30 PM   #64
BLu3xCiViC

since the plot sucked anywayz......it would of been better if there where more hondas as the main cars.....long live the 4 banger beauty!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 06:39 PM   #65
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by myself
I saw your cousins mazda is he kicker1_solo at honda-acura.net and at automotiveforums.com?

and you would know that because you are him

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #66
wongfeihung

4thgenlude, I really like the way you handled that hicks..err...i mean that one guys remark about imports. I was going to respond to his post, but if i did i'll probably end up starting up a flame war so i'll reply to yours because your post was purty funny, made me laugh purty hard. peace.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:32 PM   #67
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

thanx man, i wasnt saying it to be a dick or anything i was just simply telling him how it is. im sorry, a supra or rx7 will dominate a domestic. the domestic might be able to take it BAIRLY in 1/4 mile, but in every other aspect, its just a better all around car. remember the SCC top 10 street car showdown? the pushrod mustang that HAULED ass, it couldnt turn for hell.

on a side note, i dont think the f&f needed more hondas, it would have ruined the scene even more. at least they used nice imports, supra, rx7, skyline, silvia. i would ditch my car in a heart beat for one of those. IF they make a f&f2, and its anything like the first, i dont know what i'll do. they should make a f&f2 with street bikes or something, or use all domestics, just to try to even out the balence beam. ok i think im done with my rant.

Old 05-21-2002, 12:34 PM   #68
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
im sorry, a supra or rx7 will dominate a domestic. the domestic might be able to take it BAIRLY in 1/4 mile
actualy, i retract that statement till i see a domestic in the 10's or 9's full interior, street tires (yes i saw one rx7 running 9.9's on street tires and basicaly full interior and a skyline(r33) pulled a 10.2 with 1 passenger)

Old 05-21-2002, 12:37 PM   #69
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1

Basically, they had to sacrifice realism to make a movie that would sell to the masses. Not right, but hey this is America.
yup! i cant agree more