.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2002, 12:30 AM   #41
3000gtvr4spd

i am not saying that there is something wrong with all engine, my bad to all those people who have all motor im not trying to hate but people with all motor hate evan more like what you said some jack ass can just throw ona turbo and what is wrong with that its all about whatever makes oyur car go the fatsest it can isnt it on turbo cars because a "bolt on" makes you go faster they say all your a women dog for having a turbo and yes you can make an all motor fast but you can only punch them out so far and get so much horse power if oyu take a look at all the really fast cars that are running 8 what are they turbo because that will give you the most out of oyur engine once again im not trying to hate on oyu all motor guys my bad if oyu took it the wrong way oh and yes there ae some 3000gt that are running 10's also so i know some 3000gts that will eat a honda up i didnt say that the 3000gt will beat any car on the street or the drag strip it is decent but not the best car and there will wlays be someone faster then me im not looking to be bigger and better then everybody i just want to at least be up there witht the fast cars and yes si i do know what in talking about i have had an all motr car before practicly punched out to the limit it was a b16 in my ls and that shit was nojoke but i had lots of engine problems that car halled some ass but its still not faster then my turbo b18b and i can still make it faster i just prefer a turbo and yes i have problems with my turbo ls but not as much as the fullly built b16 so dont say i dont kknow what im talking about cuz i do and i do do my h/w before i start blabbing things out so any ways my bad for hating i am not a hater and if any of poyu want to know what was done to my b16 a or if oyu want to know what is done to my b18b just ak and ill tell. i was just stating my opinion because i get hated on allot for having a turbo. ike i said i give props to peepz with all engine thats hard work.
oh yah about that vtec thing its good but i know allot of people who hype it up to much i have allotof friends with vtec engines and they always say when they race and win mann when my vtec kicked in i pullud by like 2 cars and they say mann its like having aminne turbo. i was metephoricly speaking about when i said they think they vtec is there turbo i was being sarcastic and what i realy mean to say if oyu really want a kick ass vtec that will make oyu pull away is turbo im speaking metephoricly i sont actuelly mean it is vtec becasue it seems like you took it completey wrong hybrid im not literel about everything i say what is done to oyur car hybrid
Old 02-10-2002, 12:33 AM   #42
Maxvla

Welcome to tonights fight!! DING DING DING
In this corner we have a mitsu wannabe vtec hater.
In the other corner we have the defenders of everything honda.

Let's get it on!

im just enjoying the show. you guys make me laugh.

>>later>>
Old 02-10-2002, 01:37 AM   #43
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
...any jackass can put a turbo on a car and go....but making a reliable and fast all-motor build up takes time and quite a bit of skill and knowhow.

Hmmmm...I don't think I subscribe to that train of thought.
Putting on a turbo takes more time, effort, and skill than most people give credit for.
Computer control, air/fuel ratios, boost control, exhaust gas temperatures, fuel delivery, and more are taken into account when boosting a regularly n/a engine. The tuning has to be just right for everything to work out. This takes a lot of time, money, and "knowhow." The results are gains usually much higher than n/a tuning can accomplish. Aslo, everyday driveability doesn't suffer as much from boosting as from extreme n/a modifications.

While "just slapping on a turbo" sounds simple enough, it's nowhere near a easy as it sounds. Especially when no one makes a complete kit for your car. To a certain extent, the abundant aftermarket support for Honda/Acura cars that has produced so-called "complete turbo kits" for those cars has made boosting them a little simpler because most of the compatible components you need for the project come in one complete package. But most of the time, a lot of the components you need aren't included in the package, and the many hours of tuning and adjusting aren't taken into account.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #44
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Man that was one HUGE sentence. I had to keep starting over....

Anyhow, I'm not hating anyone with any engine. I could care less how you choose to get your power. But what I was saying is that you made a statement with no factual information to support it.

This topic is getting pointless. Some people like all motor, some people like FI/N2O. I think we've argued this before.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:06 AM   #45
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

Hmmmm...I don't think I subscribe to that train of thought.
Putting on a turbo takes more time, effort, and skill than most people give credit for.
Computer control, air/fuel ratios, boost control, exhaust gas temperatures, fuel delivery, and more are taken into account when boosting a regularly n/a engine. The tuning has to be just right for everything to work out. This takes a lot of time, money, and "knowhow." The results are gains usually much higher than n/a tuning can accomplish. Aslo, everyday driveability doesn't suffer as much from boosting as from extreme n/a modifications.

While "just slapping on a turbo" sounds simple enough, it's nowhere near a easy as it sounds. Especially when no one makes a complete kit for your car. To a certain extent, the abundant aftermarket support for Honda/Acura cars that has produced so-called "complete turbo kits" for those cars has made boosting them a little simpler because most of the compatible components you need for the project come in one complete package. But most of the time, a lot of the components you need aren't included in the package, and the many hours of tuning and adjusting aren't taken into account.

Well I think he meant the initial power gains are easier to acheive than an all motor setup. Though I'm not saying either is easy to perfect.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:18 PM   #46
slowEJ6

my cars mods are nothing right now, except for some frame damage and a busted fender/headlight.
B16A turbo will be swapped in when i get it back, probably will never boost more than 12psi either. but im just building the car for fun in all honesty now. going for some show quality stuff instead.
when i find me a nice Supra TT, now thats what will be for racing

and yes Civic_Addict was right about what i meant.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 02:28 PM   #47
Incubus

Actually if I was gonna use a twin turbo car for drag racing, I'd go with the RX7 instead of the Supra, it's lighter, and with a better quality radiator, it's more reliable. Don't get me wrong, Supras are kick ass too though. Ever seen one of those beasts dyno'd? I used to work at a place called Stillen that did much work on Supras. People would come in and drop $20,000 just on piddly mods, like injectors and stuff like that for their Supra, so if your gonna work on any TT car, make sure you have ample cash!
Supras, when they hit rev limiter sound like a freakin' cannon ball just shot out the back of the exhaust. It's loud. We always knew when they were dyno'ing a Supra outside the office because we could totally hear it.
After hearing a beast like the Supra roar, my Integra sounds small indeed when being dyno'd.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:55 PM   #48
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Incubus
Actually if I was gonna use a twin turbo car for drag racing, I'd go with the RX7 instead of the Supra, it's lighter, and with a better quality radiator, it's more reliable. Don't get me wrong, Supras are kick ass too though. Ever seen one of those beasts dyno'd? I used to work at a place called Stillen that did much work on Supras. People would come in and drop $20,000 just on piddly mods, like injectors and stuff like that for their Supra, so if your gonna work on any TT car, make sure you have ample cash!
Supras, when they hit rev limiter sound like a freakin' cannon ball just shot out the back of the exhaust. It's loud. We always knew when they were dyno'ing a Supra outside the office because we could totally hear it.
After hearing a beast like the Supra roar, my Integra sounds small indeed when being dyno'd.

Actually the RX7 is a great all around car, drag racing and track. Itll put out some very impressive numbers in both places..
Old 02-10-2002, 03:12 PM   #49
Incubus

No doubt! Gotta love Wankel!
Old 02-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #50
3000gtvr4spd

i really dont care what poeple do with there cars whatever floats there boat i was just satting that i personnley think that turbo gives you the most hp and that "SOME" people blow vtec way out of porportion and thats not hating iwas just stating on what i have seen but any way whatever peole like ikoo with me
Old 02-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #51
Matrix

Yeah, one of the projects I was contemplating was to get a 93-95 RX7 with a blown motor and swap in the 3-rotor engine from the Mazda Cosmo in Japan.
Old 02-10-2002, 03:56 PM   #52
3000gtvr4spd

oh yah and max how am i a mitsu wannebe dont hate on my dreams if i am a mitsu wannebe then yur caling hybrid a toyota wannbe cuz thats his dream car and that not cool
Old 02-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #53
TruHeel142

I love RX7's. They are so all around, they've got the pure speed and great cornering..... if only I had the $..........

Oh, and no vtec here.....still, great engine nevertheless
Old 02-10-2002, 05:24 PM   #54
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 3000gtvr4spd
i really dont care what poeple do with there cars whatever floats there boat i was just satting that i personnley think that turbo gives you the most hp and that "SOME" people blow vtec way out of porportion and thats not hating iwas just stating on what i have seen but any way whatever peole like ikoo with me

Yes people do blow VTEC out of proportion. I will agree with you on that one.

The RX-7 would make a nice project. I saw a convertible one yesterday. I had no idea they made convertible RX-7s.
Old 02-10-2002, 05:52 PM   #55
Incubus

What?!?
I didn't know they made convertible RX7's maybe it's custom or something. Those are damn nice cars. I was thinking about getting one, a nice black one but they are very touchy and you have to take care of them just right. First thing if you get one get a bigger radiator. Mazda sells upgraded radiators because the engine runs too hot and it'll have problems without better cooling.

VTEC is cool but it isn't everything. I hate hearing people say if you ain't got VTEC you ain't shit. I got an LS, and sure I wouldn't mind having a GSR, I almost traded my LS in for a Type R or Prelude but figured I'd stick with the underdog (and I also started doing alot of work on the LS). People hate on LS even when I race them, until I beat their GSR or *lol* civic EX with an exhaust, intake and body kit. People always think I'm lying when I tell them it's an LS after I blow them away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my car will beat every VTEC car, but if you've got the mods, then the LS will hang with the "big boys". Most people in southern cali are into looks, so they can cruise main street in Huntington Beach or Sunset Blvd. They don't think too much on speed so when they get blown away by a sleeper LS they get pissed!
Old 02-10-2002, 10:27 PM   #56
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
What?!?

My reaction exactly. I wish I could've talked to the guy. I think people would've gotten mad if I stopped my car in traffic to talk to him.....

It was a nice looking ride. Very clean exterior and I'd imagine the interior was the same. He obviously loves the car. Hopefully I run into him again.....
Old 02-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #57
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

Yes people do blow VTEC out of proportion. I will agree with you on that one.

The RX-7 would make a nice project. I saw a convertible one yesterday. I had no idea they made convertible RX-7s.

Which version RX7 was it, the newer 93+ body style, or the older body style. I dont think Ive ever seen a newer 93+ Convertable. I know they make the older ones tho. They are still pretty pricey too.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:25 AM   #58
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice

Which version RX7 was it, the newer 93+ body style, or the older body style. I dont think Ive ever seen a newer 93+ Convertable. I know they make the older ones tho. They are still pretty pricey too.

I think it was the older body style.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:29 AM   #59
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

I think it was the older body style.

that makes sense then..
Old 02-11-2002, 09:56 AM   #60
slowEJ6

Quote:
Actually if I was gonna use a twin turbo car for drag racing, I'd go with the RX7 instead of the Supra, it's lighter, and with a better quality radiator, it's more reliable. Don't get me wrong, Supras are kick ass too though. Ever seen one of those beasts dyno'd?
yup they sound awesome.....the Supra is a bit more reliable than the RX7. but yer right about the RX7 being lighter......but best of both worlds - RX7 body with Supra engine. i forget where i saw it, but someone did the conversion in a yellow RX7. they went with the Supra engine instead of keeping the RX7 engine because they are more reliable......damn i bet that thing can fly though. too bad theres no street legal kit :o hehe

they do have kits for the IS300 though, i think the cost of the total conversion is like $10k though.....thats quite a bit of money to put into like a $30k car. pretty cool though nevertheless.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #61
Incubus

Damn!!! An RX7 with a Supra engine! That would be the supreme shit of the universe. I saw a new VW Beetle today with a ragtop, so I guess if you got the money and the desire you can make most any car convertible............hmmmm..........maybe I'll turn my Integra into a convertible! That would look so crappy!