.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #41
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
my point was merely to say...who's to say another person's morals are wrong or inappropriate? Sure, I think there a lot of people that don't have good morals ect...BUT who's to say those people that I think "poorly" about don't think the same about my morals. I don't think there is just 1 "moral code" anymore. Sure back in the early 1900s there might have been, but our world today is completely different than it was 100 years ago. I dunno...just my take on things...

I agree there is no one moral code anymore. I do believe that we must all follow a basic set of standard morals for peace to exist in society, however beyond that I feel it's up to the individual to decide his/her own morals. I have a problem with government imposing ridiculous morals upon us through law, especially since many of them lack a variety of morals and don't abide by the very laws they create, but that's off topic for this thread.

I don't think it takes any work to love, it just happens when the right ingredients exist, it's like a self-baking bread. Each person's list of ingredients will vary. For me, I don't know. I would just need the right woman at the right time for me to fall in love with her. Known qualitities that she must posess are a set of morals very similar to my own, trustworthiness, honesty, and just be a woman I can connect with as a friend, a lover, and a partner.

b
Old 12-02-2002, 01:11 PM   #42
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
HEY NOW!!!! *D taps her foot* Not all of us are "corrupt" human beings!!! and we do have morals. I think a lot of us consider people to not have morals because they aren't the same morals we'd pick for ourselves to follow.

*sorry I don't know how I missed that line before...I just saw it now.

I know...but the point I was trying to make was this....at one point, when people got married and took vows, they honored them....alot of people (including my parents) that I meet that were married in the 70's...80's are still married and have been for 20 + years...nowadays, it's easier for people to be married when it's convenient to them. I really don't like bringing this up since it's a sore subject but take for instance my situation. I got married and loved my wife more than anything and would do anything for her. Never even thought about cheating on her because that's not who I am. Her, on the other hand had no self-esteem, no self-confidence, and ABSOLUTELY no morals. I know because I knew her parents and saw what type of people they were so it wasn't a big surprise to see how it shined through on their daughter. So, she married me until she met someone that she "loved" more and decided that she didn't want to be married to me anymore. So, in her views it was death 'till you part or until you meet someone else

And, I'm not trying to say my morals are any better than anyone elses...I just know that when I'm with someone in a relationship, I'm with that person and that person only...I don't cheat, **** around, or otherwise and maybe that's because I was brought up with some kind of morals and know the difference between what's right and what's not.........but that's just me...

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 01:28 PM   #43
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
And, I'm not trying to say my morals are any better than anyone elses...I just know that when I'm with someone in a relationship, I'm with that person and that person only...I don't cheat, **** around, or otherwise and maybe that's because I was brought up with some kind of morals and know the difference between what's right and what's not.........but that's just me...

Dude must be a Rob thing cause i'm the same way.. *props*

But dude look what you've learned from this, a persons up bringing plays a large role in how they will be when they are an adult. A girl who has a good relationship with her father will make a great wife and a boy who treats his mother well will make a great husband. You've been given a chance to learn bro and I'm sure you have, now you've just got to make sure your child has a good up bringing and you'll have broken the chain.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:45 PM   #44
SofaKingSmooth

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
Dude must be a Rob thing cause i'm the same way.. *props*

But dude look what you've learned from this, a persons up bringing plays a large role in how they will be when they are an adult. A girl who has a good relationship with her father will make a great wife and a boy who treats his mother well will make a great husband. You've been given a chance to learn bro and I'm sure you have, now you've just got to make sure your child has a good up bringing and you'll have broken the chain.

so true, i think that the robs have it on this chat i wish i was cool enough to be called rob but i guess shawn will have to do for now..
Old 12-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #45
nonovurbizniz

I just want to point out that this magical time of morals and ethics just didn't friggen exist. if anything society is becoming more empathetic, more understanding, more prone towards calm intelligent resolution to problems then ever before.

Sure divorce is on the rise... mostly because once it wasn't taboo TONS of people who were to scared to get a divorce because of what people would think did once it was more acceptable.

I can't even begin to list the amount of OLD people that I know through friends and family that have or are getting divorced.. my mother's friends parents got divorced at 80+. They got married when "morals" where apparently coming out of peoples butt's like the crap that is coming out of peoples mouths now...

Name ANY time period and I'll give you examples...

If you ask me the reason for the rise of divorce could be more easily attributed to women having self-respect enough to leave a crappy husband (or vise versus and no promiscuous women are NOT an advent of the 20th century). Do you have any idea how many marriages from the "moral" era to which I assume you refer where laced with child molestation/abuse, wife beating/rape, cheating, alcohol/drug abuse, and countless other Horrors?

My point is that this ideal time to which countless morals advocates refer, does not and never did exist... if you think it did your either naive or dumb.

OH AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....

IT'S DEFINATLY THE TITIES
Old 12-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #46
mt.biker

this is true dude there have always been people doing wrong things. But i still tend to believe that people weren't as corrupt awhile ago. But maybe its just me.. cheers big ears
Old 12-10-2002, 11:48 AM   #47
nonovurbizniz

trust me it was worse....

think about hall the violence against women blacks and children that never got reported or talked about....

think about how many girls where sent off for "vacation" to have illegitimate babies which they immediatly gave up for adoption to save face for the family.

The history of violence against minority's is probobly the most disturbing of all. It was totally socially acceptable to pick a fight with a black person and kill them in anger. most times the person wouldn't even be charged with a crime.

And that's AFTER slavery... before holyshit now we're talking about un-paralleled hatred anger and violence.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:49 PM   #48
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
this is true dude there have always been people doing wrong things. But i still tend to believe that people weren't as corrupt awhile ago. But maybe its just me.. cheers big ears

see the thing is it's easy for us to say that people are more corrupt now then say back in the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, ect cuz we're all "adults" now. We read newspapers, we watch the news....and we understand pretty much everything thats going on. We tend to care more about "the news" as adults rather than children do. I know now growin up in the 80s that there were corrupt ass people, but ya know what, I could have given a rats ass then. All I cared about was playin outside with my friends and what new toys I could talk my parents into buying me. There have always been and always will be corrupt people, that'll never change. we just grow more aware to it as we grow older and more knowledgable.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 01:16 PM   #49
mt.biker

Quote:
we just grow more aware to it as we grow older and more knowledgable.

possibly, but i still think society is changing.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:22 PM   #50
spoogenet

I think society is heading downhill. We are in the "pill culture" right now where nobody will take responsibility for their own actions or actually put the effort into understanding the CAUSE of the problem but would rather take a pill to treat the symptoms. It's the easy way out, nobody's willing to invest any effort or work for results. We need the pill diet rather than merely eating less food, cutting out cheesecakes and fast food and putting a little bit of frikkin exercise in our lives.

I'm not fat, I'm genetically challenged with a natural propensity to eat excessive numbers of Big Macs. I can't lose weight because it's my genetics, it really has nothing to do with my 6 hours a day of watching TV and eating cheesy poofs and my total lack of exercise.

I didn't choose to smoke, I was forced into it by the cigarette companies. I should sue.

My child would rather play outside than do his homework, he must have ADD or ADHD, could I please have some Ritalin?

I have a runny nose, please give me antibiotics.

blah blah blah......BAH!

It makes me sick. I'd like to see people stand up and take responsibility for their own actions and suck it up like people with dignity rather than shifting the blame to someone else and/or trying to get rich in the process through a lawyer. I'd like to see people look at the long-term effects and the cause of the problem before making decisions just to treat the near term problem. Our government has fallen victim to such "planning" where they will simply build with 1 year in mind rather than actually looking at the long term effects.

I'll spare you all the rest of my rant.

b
Old 12-17-2002, 03:54 AM   #51
Wabster

I read about half of your replies.

Saying that love doens't take much effort is just plain dumb. I think most people get convinced they're in love when some guy/girl sweeps them off their feet. Sorry, that's NOT love.

When you love someone, you put their interests BEFORE yours when making a decision. If you're lucky, they will do the same for you. Anybody who says that putting their partner's interests before their own takes little or no effort is a liar.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:24 AM   #52
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabster
When you love someone, you put their interests BEFORE yours when making a decision. If you're lucky, they will do the same for you. Anybody who says that putting their partner's interests before their own takes little or no effort is a liar.

see i agree that putting your interestes ahead of others is important but i dont believe it requires more effort.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #53
Wabster

It requires effort for me. My gf and I have a long distance relationship, and saying "yeah go out tonight have a good time at the club" is hard for me, but i know i have to do it. It would be easy for me to say "no i don't want you going out, your staying in tonight". Shit like that
Old 12-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #54
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabster
It requires effort for me. My gf and I have a long distance relationship, and saying "yeah go out tonight have a good time at the club" is hard for me, but i know i have to do it. It would be easy for me to say "no i don't want you going out, your staying in tonight". Shit like that

ya but if you said that you would be controlling....