Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
mt.biker

did i word this right?

i had a day from hell on tuesday so tuesday night i fired off this to my boss letting him know how i felt, thing it will go over well?

Henry,

I’m in a tough position; I like working at your shop but there isn’t enough man power to do everything that needs to be done. This leads to people having to do more work then can possibly get done in the time required. I would like the “temporary” storage area on the 3rd floor to be more organized but there really isn’t time to get that done and take all the calls and simply putting in over time is no answer to the problem. Products seem to be even harder to find and I’ve found myself telling people we don’t have stuff because I can’t find it, not because we don’t have it. Granted there is a good reason; we are moving, but it’s still very trying.

The reason I write this is because I’m at my limits. I love to sell bikes and bike products to people over the phone and in the store; this is the reason I applied to work for you. For the last 3 years I’ve been having to double check what I can or can’t sell, and inevitably we’ve sold products that we don’t have in stock. This leads me to having to call them back and giving them some reason for why they can’t get their order. I’m finding it very hard to not be good to our word and being the one that ends up dealing with all the problems because I seem to role with them better then others. I’m getting burnt out.

I’m letting you know this because I figure you should know why I have been on edge lately, but I’m afraid simply giving me time off isn’t the solution. I need the money and you need the hands around the shop.

I will leave this with you,

Rob

On a side note:

I’ve handed over the responsibility for getting descriptions and picture to Dimitry as I have been unable to find enough time to finish this task and work 50+ hour work weeks. He should be getting in contact with you to see what should be put on the new site.