Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
4jacks

Owning Your Own Bussiness.

Me and my wife were talking today. And we came up with an idea we both really like the idea of... Just wanted to bounce it off everyone here, and see if anyone has gone up this avenue before.

We're thinking about starting our own bussiness. A florist Shop. Neither one of us really likes our jobs right now. She has no clue what she wants to be when she grows up, and I'm studing engineering and I like that. But we never get to spend any time together. And owning a store together would be the perfect solution.

Theirs property right next door, we could buy, build and use. and thiers NO florist in our town or the two towns next to us. She loves plants and flowers and things, and I can Tolerate them I'm thinking I can get the land and Have it built for $50,000 or under. Then we would just need all the fun stuff. I already have an Investment Broker, who speciality is small bussiness'. I'm going go talk to him tommorow. We could basicly spend All day together. Everyday .

My main question is does anyone have any clue how much a small florist shop can produce in a year?? right now we're both Making about 50k a year. And I think we would need to make about 60 if we did this, to stay a float. That's not alot right. 60k a year for a small bussiness.

Well I'm willing to take any suggestions or advice on the subject as well !

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote