::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2002, 09:58 PM   #1
spoogenet

Which Viper? And where to get installation?

Post #1.

Picked up an '01 Accord LX recently, planning on getting an alarm for it. I've dropped by a few shops in town and have narrowed my choice down to 2 shops, one shop I believe to be a somewhat local chain, the other is Circuit City. Anybody got anything bad to say about Circuit City installations?

I'm planning on getting either a Viper 500ESP or 600ESP, CC carries 600, other shop carries 500. Anybody gots anything bad to say about either of these alarms?

I'm considering getting the following:
* alarm
* window module
* audio module
* backup battery
* hood and trunk mercury 'pins' (this is what CC recommends over hood/trunk pins)

CC wants $740 installed after tax, I didn't get a full price quote from the other shop for the 500, but I think it may be a little closer to $6-650, not sure if that included tax or all the options listed above.

Anybody know much about the Ghost Switch on Vipers? They're usually advertised as using an existing switch in the car, but the guy at CC swears that it has its own switch that is hidden somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Ghost Switch (or Valet Switch, whatever it is) just for setting it into valet mode? Can't I just do that with the remote? Is there any other reason to have such a switch, and does it in any way compromise the alarm if a theif were to find it???

Thanks a lot for any info.

b